Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People still waiting on Honchos...

avastcosmicarena

I believe they are doing the best they can with all the crap going on in the world, but the 19-22 week wait times posted here are worrisome though.  I really think they should update the ETA on their website if the current backlog is going to affect all subsequent orders.  I don't mind a wait as long as they are upfront with their wait times.  I joined the queue during their St. Paddy's day sale and just barely got my confirmation a few days shy of a month from the day I put in my deposit.  A few of my emails haven't been answered either so not a good sign.

If these issues keep popping up, then hopefully I'll get mine before 2020 ends. 😆

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, juicymeat said:

I believe they are doing the best they can with all the crap going on in the world, but the 19-22 week wait times posted here are worrisome though.  I really think they should update the ETA on their website if the current backlog is going to affect all subsequent orders.  I don't mind a wait as long as they are upfront with their wait times.  I joined the queue during their St. Paddy's day sale and just barely got my confirmation a few days shy of a month from the day I put in my deposit.  A few of my emails haven't been answered either so not a good sign.

If these issues keep popping up, then hopefully I'll get mine before 2020 ends. 😆

Yes I agree. They are quick to respond to get your deposit or final payment, but good luck getting a timely reply for status or acknowledgement of payment.

While I understand making firearms is not the primary business , and they are a machine shop that makes and manufacturers things for others industries . So I can live with the slowness of getting my gun, I understand my job taking a back seat to what pays the bills.

what I find weird is the lack of basic communication to the customer and lack of professional follow up. This is something a paying customer should expect.  For example you pay a deposit you get an email confirming that you paid , how much you paid and what you specifically you ordered , and what the balance is. When you pay in full you get another emailing stating what you paid for ,what the parts are ... etc. this is point of sale 101.

They have terrible follow up and communication. This is something I hear from honcho owners.

i wonder if the machine shop customers get the same level of communication and follow up? If they do, this explains why so many companies outsource to China to manufacture.

much of the lack of polish in sale is normal in this industry, I own 2 atlas pistols and was not provided a receipt.

but when I email or call Adam, I do get a response In minutes. Kind of makes up for the lack of paper work.

Edited by Pinhead

21 minutes ago, gerritm said:

Not sure if it will make you guys feel any better about the wait, but one of my shooting buddies just got his new open gun from a well know builder after 18 months, not weeks.

gerritm

Yup everyone has a wait 

you can get an sti tuned to run from Dawson today. If you want fancy , you got to wait.

After seeing it, really nice, but not sure it is any nicer than a Honcho. Not that fancy, not sure it was worth the wait & price. Doesn't shoot any different or better than my CK Hardcore.

gerritm

4 months and counting :(  They have been having issues with coating, I do believe they're switching coating companies due to an unfortunate accident with one of their coating providers... I'm sure the wait will be worth it, hence nothing is open and this shooting season is questionable... 

My outdoor range is open (action pistol bays) and I am forced to work from home (I regularly am out of state or country during normal work weeks) so do have the time and do have the range, but dont have the pistol......

1 hour ago, RGC said:

My outdoor range is open (action pistol bays) and I am forced to work from home (I regularly am out of state or country during normal work weeks) so do have the time and do have the range, but dont have the pistol......

I’m in the same boat. My range is open. I have time and ammo, but no new gun 

5 hours ago, japarker82 said:

I’m in the same boat. My range is open. I have time and ammo, but no new gun 

I too am in the same boat....my poor 650 is itching to load some ammo....waiting on my Honcho.  Range is open as well.

On 4/15/2020 at 1:43 PM, Pinhead said:

Yes I agree. They are quick to respond to get your deposit or final payment, but good luck getting a timely reply for status or acknowledgement of payment.

While I understand making firearms is not the primary business , and they are a machine shop that makes and manufacturers things for others industries . So I can live with the slowness of getting my gun, I understand my job taking a back seat to what pays the bills.

what I find weird is the lack of basic communication to the customer and lack of professional follow up. This is something a paying customer should expect.  For example you pay a deposit you get an email confirming that you paid , how much you paid and what you specifically you ordered , and what the balance is. When you pay in full you get another emailing stating what you paid for ,what the parts are ... etc. this is point of sale 101.

They have terrible follow up and communication. This is something I hear from honcho owners.

i wonder if the machine shop customers get the same level of communication and follow up? If they do, this explains why so many companies outsource to China to manufacture.

much of the lack of polish in sale is normal in this industry, I own 2 atlas pistols and was not provided a receipt.

but when I email or call Adam, I do get a response In minutes. Kind of makes up for the lack of paper work.

In order to receive clear communication you should provide clear communication. Submitting an order under one name and emailing under a completely different name makes it hard to effectively communicate with you about your order. You were provided with payment receipts as payments were made as well as multiple copies of your build sheet. 

You were sent an email about an option to change colors and receive your Honcho weeks ago. But never responded....

Your Honcho (in the color requested) arrived yesterday. It will be ready to ship on Monday. I am still waiting on a copy of the FFL. If you could get that over it would be much appreciated.

2 hours ago, MVPFc said:

In order to receive clear communication you should provide clear communication. Submitting an order under one name and emailing under a completely different name makes it hard to effectively communicate with you about your order. You were provided with payment receipts as payments were made as well as multiple copies of your build sheet. 

You were sent an email about an option to change colors and receive your Honcho weeks ago. But never responded....

Your Honcho (in the color requested) arrived yesterday. It will be ready to ship on Monday. I am still waiting on a copy of the FFL. If you could get that over it would be much appreciated.

The first time I have seen copy of my build sheet was in April of 2020 when you asked for final payment. I have never received a copy of it after I placed my order in November of 2019.

When I filled out my build sheet , I specified the color, if you had an issue with the color you should have called.  I never requested a change in color, why would you think I needed to reply?  This makes no sense and goes to the lack of communication I mentioned. 

I sent you an email in the beginning of the week , you did not reply . 
I am hearing that you do not have a copy of my FFL’s paperwork, I am hearing about it now? This is a major problem.  This is documentation you need. 

I just sent an email to my FFL and CCed you. So we should have this information today. My ffl told me you had this end of March. Though my FFL has shown the email he sent to you with copy of the FFL in March of 2020 . You claim you do not have it?  Really?  

Also notice  how quickly he responded.

I don’t expect response in minutes like CCCP LLC did, but a response 2 or 3 days would be nice. I sent you an email in the beginning of the week to see if we are on track, instead of telling me you do not have a copy of my FFL’s documentation, you decided to ignore it.

Like I said you folks respond quickly to getting your money , good luck getting anything else out of you.

Edited by Pinhead

I am also on the waiting list but Ido understand the situation at this moment for sure

And I know erverybody has a waiting list but listen I rather prefer a quality build gun then a rushed product

I come from the other side of the ocean Europe I mean and yes we do also have this Corana problem overhere

And the paperwork will take forever overhere at this moment because nobody is at his work at this moment and ofcourse nobody is interested in this paperwork for me to get this pistol to me

That does not mean that I understand some people's situation but I do know one thing , never rush a gunsmith or gun company

I shoot for about 25 years IPSC and I believe that the gun makers/smith  and I do not mean a factory will always try do there best to deliver the best quality they can otherwise they will loose customers and stop making pistols very soon in other words better have some patience and for sure in this terrible times

So yes I am waiting but understand the situation and as said before I rather have a quality build pistol then a rushed one

I had different brands but there is always a waiting time and 3-4-5 month's that is nothing believe me I am suprised that they can deliver a top quality build pistol , this ofcourse from what I heard in that time for so many people

By the way I did not get a option or mail to change colors because of the situation with the silver color ??

I quess they have a solution now or will have as soon as possible otherwise I quess they will inform me asap of changing the colors

Greets     : -)

Edited by smoker 01

Mine is scheduled to arrive at FFL today.

I have wasted more time getting issues resolved with other custom guns than it took for this gun to be built. So as long as it is correct out of the box you won’t hear complaints out of me. What difference does it really make if your gun arrived at beginning of covid or end? Most of us aren’t shooting matches currently anyway and if you are hardcore in the sport you have at least some other gun to use while you wait.

PT has been great answering any questions I had along the way and answered the phone every time I called. What more can you ask for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

The first time I have seen copy of my build sheet was in April of 2020 when you asked for final payment. I have never received a copy of it after I placed my order in November of 2019.

When I filled out my build sheet , I specified the color, if you had an issue with the color you should have called.  I never requested a change in color, why would you think I needed to reply?  This makes no sense and goes to the lack of communication I mentioned. 

I sent you an email in the beginning of the week , you did not reply . 
I am hearing that you do not have a copy of my FFL’s paperwork, I am hearing about it now? This is a major problem.  This is documentation you need. 

I just sent an email to my FFL and CCed you. So we should have this information today. My ffl told me you had this end of March. Though the FFL has shown the email he sent with copy of the FFL.

notice how quickly he responded.

i don’t expect response in minutes like cccp Llc did, but 2 or 3 days would be nice.

Like I said you folks respond quickly to getting your money , good luck getting anything else out of you.

You felt you did not have my FFLs info and documents , you did not call me to get it.

You were provided a copy of your build sheet with the welcome email, same as everyone. It was sent other times before April as well.

I sent you an email asking if you would like to switch from your chosen color of grey to black DLC. I explained that the coating company had reached out saying the DLC would be done much sooner. I did not receive a response so I left it as is. Could it be possible that some of my emails went into a junk or spam folder? I have honestly responded to all of your emails that warranted a response (ie answered questions, provided updates). I did not reply to the last email I received on the 14th which stated: “Perfect, you should have me paid in full on 4/3/2020. Look forward to seeing the pistol soon.” You received a credit card receipt email. So I’m not sure what information I could have provided in a response. I apologize if you were expecting a response or other information?

We had not received an email from your FFL. I checked spam as well. It is not holding anything up. We just have to have a copy before it ships. I did receive the one that was sent today.

I’m genuinely sorry that your gun was held up at coating past our estimated lead time. I understand that it is frustrating especially with so many having extra time on their hands currently. Unfortunately it is completely out of our control and why we can only provide estimates. We are and will continue to do all that we can to get your Honcho out to you and ensure you’re happy with it.

32 minutes ago, IPSCLUVERRR said:

Does anyone else not like pT’s attacking comments on this forum? I think I might stay away from PT for a while after reading this forum for a little 

Honestly, I see this exchange the other way.  Accusing comments with PT setting the record straight.  I'm not a customer of PT so just observing the thread.  Do have a couple shooting buddies that own them.

1 hour ago, IPSCLUVERRR said:

Does anyone else not like pT’s attacking comments on this forum? I think I might stay away from PT for a while after reading this forum for a little 

Not sure how you see that as an attack.  Simple statement of facts as to what happened and current status.

1 hour ago, aandabooks said:

Honestly, I see this exchange the other way.  Accusing comments with PT setting the record straight.  I'm not a customer of PT so just observing the thread.  Do have a couple shooting buddies that own them.

How did they set the record straight?

claiming I did not respond to an email asking if I wanted the color changed? I never asked for the color to be changed.

i sent an email to them in the beginning of the week, asking for status . They never responded.

They claim my FFL never reached out to them . My FFL forwarded   me the email with attachment they sent to the in March and CCed them.  So they now have two copies of the FFL documentation and I sent them a third today as well as I had to forward them the copy.  Yet they never called me to say I am missing this paperwork.

9 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

How did they set the record straight?

claiming I did not respond to an email asking if I wanted the color changed? I never asked for the color to be changed.

i sent an email to them in the beginning of the week, asking for status . They never responded.

They claim my FFL never reached out to them . My FFL forwarded   me the email with attachment they sent to the in March and CCed them.  So they now have two copies of the FFL documentation and I sent them a third today as well as I had to forward them the copy.  Yet they never called me to say I am missing this paperwork.

Bob - If you are truly  unhappy and believe you have been ignored and wronged, I am willing to refund your money. If you’d like this option please give me a call (To avoid any email miscommunication) on Monday before noon EST.

2 minutes ago, MVPFc said:

Bob - If you are truly  unhappy and believe you have been ignored and wronged, I am willing to refund your money. If you’d like this option please give me a call (To avoid any email miscommunication) on Monday before noon EST.

I am not unhappy , I just do not like the fact you claim to be waiting on information from me, you never called me.

i know I have emailed you and never received a response. I have called and never revived a callback.

you claim to have mentioned a color change delay, I never received that email. Nor have I gotten receipt or even a build sheet the I ordered.  
you should be looking at your systems to see why.

you where on 2 emails from my ffl today alone, you claim not to have seen. Seems you need to start looking at why and not sit and blame me.

10 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I am not unhappy , I just do not like the fact you claim to be waiting on information from me, you never called me.

i know I have emailed you and never received a response. I have called and never revived a callback.

you claim to have mentioned a color change delay, I never received that email. Nor have I gotten receipt or even a build sheet the I ordered.  
you should be looking at your systems to see why.

you where on 2 emails from my ffl today alone, you claim not to have seen. Seems you need to start looking at why and not sit and blame me.

I have addressed your concerns here. If you have any more questions or concerns, please give me a call. You have our business number as well as my cell. If you’d like any copies of emails, receipts or build sheets, I’d be happy to supply them.