Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People still waiting on Honchos...

avastcosmicarena

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

How did they set the record straight?

claiming I did not respond to an email asking if I wanted the color changed? I never asked for the color to be changed.

i sent an email to them in the beginning of the week, asking for status . They never responded.

They claim my FFL never reached out to them . My FFL forwarded   me the email with attachment they sent to the in March and CCed them.  So they now have two copies of the FFL documentation and I sent them a third today as well as I had to forward them the copy.  Yet they never called me to say I am missing this paperwork.

She said she sent you the email asking if you would like to change your color choice so that you could avoid the coating delay and would have had your gun weeks ago.  You did not respond which would indicate that you wanted to stay the course and continue to wait for the gun.  

Not sure on the FFL.  She is claiming she didn't receive it.  Maybe she did/maybe she didn't.  I know that when sending attachments through email sometimes things get screwed up.  Maybe she accidentally deleted it.  Maybe the address was wrong by a letter or two and it didn't go through.  They obviously have it now and will ship your gun.  

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Text and emails - it's so easy for the tone/optics of the message to be misread or taken wrong. I see both sides of the coin here...but I do believe the old saying that says customer is always right regardless goes a long way instead of arguing with them on an open forum when they are trying to spend $5000 dollars with you...just an observation...I can tell you that I was looking at ordering a Honcho from you guys until I run across this thread and read your comments- You come across agrumentative to your customers in your responses. I decide to send my money with someone who handles their customers, whether the customer is right or wrong, more kindly. From all accounts though, you guys make great guns..

13 minutes ago, geraldskip said:

@HMFIC03,

Just curious, I'm no longer seeing a ETA on the website regarding the Honchos. What is the estimate for Race Shop guns right now?

Ummm, why are you asking us?  Ask PT, this isn't the Honcho hotline..... or is it?

Edited by Ming the Merciless

i'm at 14 weeks, and talked to them today. Was told another 3-4. They are currently coating gun orders from early Dec. The current conditions affected their coating suppliers. 

3-4 week delay isn't too bad with everything that's going on, imo.

Man a few of You are a whiny bunch. My recently delivered honcho is my new favorite gun. Out the box has ran mint and shoots great. The fit and finish is awesome. The trigger is one of the nicest triggers I’ve ever owned. It checks all the boxes and then some. 

If you guys stopped emailing and forum bashing about the wait they’d probably have a little more time to send out emails instead of defending their reputation on here. Show me a builder putting out as many guns as quick or any new build as quick regardless of quantity for that matter. And during this sh!!ty pandemic? Everything is delayed right now. 

my honcho was delivered in a very reasonable timeframe and sacrificed nothing in the quality and performance department that’s for sure. they put out a damn good product and stand behind their work 

I’ve  been telling everyone I know contemplating a custom gun To get a honcho and I’ll say it again here. Anyone thinking about a custom gun build and want the best performing gun that sacrifices nothing in the Quality, AND just so happens to be the best priced option in the market, should buy a Honcho. You’ll still more than likely get it quicker than anything else especially right now. 

On 4/17/2020 at 1:51 PM, IPSCLUVERRR said:

Does anyone else not like pT’s attacking comments on this forum? I think I might stay away from PT for a while after reading this forum for a little 

I ordered my Honcho with Tiffany almost 12 weeks ago and I recognize it will be several more weeks before I can anticipate seeing it. She has been helpful and responsive through the process. I have read this forum and a prior that was closed with PT.  Here are some take away points

- I have handled their builds and it is top notch

- Customers who own their pistols,even the few that complained on the forums about issues but got resolved,  seem to reach a very satisfied end result.

- "Attacking" comments may be misconstrued as defending/explaining their actions and possible miscommunications from either side. IMO the customer is not "always" right.

- I have seen constant and consistent evidence that they will do reasonably "what is necessary" to satisfy the customer. If it takes longer for a quality build, especially during a world wide pandemic,so be it. They also offered future discounts to existing ordered customers who wait beyond the 14 week period.

So this being said it would be great for those of us who recognize the above and have pistols on order that PT can be left to continue their efforts of producing the products we expect during these trying times without the pressing negativity displayed here. If someone has question or contention I would think the best means would be to contact Tiffany directly as she had requested. 

Times are not normal right now.  Shipping times are delayed for most things gun related.  Try ordering bullets right now.  I’m sitting at 4 weeks now with no shipping notification from Precision Delta when their website said 10-12 days.  It sucks, but we’re all dealing with this situation.

A buddy of mine has a Honcho, and you’ll definitely be happy when you get it.  Be patient and understand that they’re doing everything they can to get guns out.

4 hours ago, Chillywig said:

You guys that ordered Honchos when they are having sales or discounts like the black Friday deal - where were these advertised? 

PT website, Facebook page and on this forum (maybe others) to name a few.  I suspect they also advertised on IG and other platforms that I don't normally follow. 

16 hours ago, vgdvc said:

I ordered my Honcho with Tiffany almost 12 weeks ago and I recognize it will be several more weeks before I can anticipate seeing it. She has been helpful and responsive through the process. I have read this forum and a prior that was closed with PT.  Here are some take away points

- I have handled their builds and it is top notch

- Customers who own their pistols,even the few that complained on the forums about issues but got resolved,  seem to reach a very satisfied end result.

- "Attacking" comments may be misconstrued as defending/explaining their actions and possible miscommunications from either side. IMO the customer is not "always" right.

- I have seen constant and consistent evidence that they will do reasonably "what is necessary" to satisfy the customer. If it takes longer for a quality build, especially during a world wide pandemic,so be it. They also offered future discounts to existing ordered customers who wait beyond the 14 week period.

So this being said it would be great for those of us who recognize the above and have pistols on order that PT can be left to continue their efforts of producing the products we expect during these trying times without the pressing negativity displayed here. If someone has question or contention I would think the best means would be to contact Tiffany directly as she had requested. 

I peppered Tiffany with 3-4 rounds of questions before I settled on Honcho as my next gun, then checked in last week to get a rough ETA because I needed to make a decision on selling one of my current guns.  I always got quick replies and full accounting of any delays.  I have no complaints, especially given the state of global supply chain.  I don’t think I’ve ever had a custom gun delivered on time - from anyone -  so my expectations were appropriately set to be begin with. It’s just the way these things work.   

19 hours ago, CalTeacher said:

Times are not normal right now.  Shipping times are delayed for most things gun related.  Try ordering bullets right now.  I’m sitting at 4 weeks now with no shipping notification from Precision Delta when their website said 10-12 days.  It sucks, but we’re all dealing with this situation.

A buddy of mine has a Honcho, and you’ll definitely be happy when you get it.  Be patient and understand that they’re doing everything they can to get guns out.

Totally agree. I’m just curious because I know that they used to have a ETA on the order page, and now it’s gone. Or at least, I can’t seem to find it. So I’m just curious. 

And I’ve seen a bunch of the sales posts on Facebook. Practically any holiday has them throwing up some sort of sale. 

If there is anyone who's feelings are hurt who would prefer not to keep their Honcho, or continue their wait, I will gladly buy out your balance and take it off your hands.  You'll save me the wait for another build and you can start over fresh with a "more accommodating" company....

28 minutes ago, Divejay said:

Well Week 20 gone entering 21, I did call them and they say mine should coming back from painting with the next batch, no eta on it. 

Same boat same answer so good news.

I ordered mine the weekend of BF.  I received an email last week indicating it was expected back from coating, however no firm ship date yet.  All the matches near me have been cancelled so far, however hoping things will change in May and that I have the pistol in my hot hands by that time.