People still waiting on Honchos...

avastcosmicarena

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/19/2020 at 7:25 AM, scduckman03 said:

I have not put a gauge on it.. but it feels great to me.. guessing around 2lbs 

Thats cool...mine was bit over 3+ pounds...tweaked it and is now around 2...feels good.

Just now, JJB05 said:

Thats cool...mine was bit over 3+ pounds...tweaked it and is now around 2...feels good.

Three or just under is what they are typically from the factory. Nice and crisp too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I got the Honcho in and got it sighted in today.  It ran extraordinarily well and is super accurate.  

I did have one quick question: after firing, I took it apart for the first time to get used to the process, as well as understand the locking block system and put some lube on it.  After re-assembly, the slide became very stiff.  Like, it would stick at the very back when I tried to cycle it.  I took it apart again, slathered on more lube, and put it back together.  While it loosened up a bit, it was still pretty stiff.  Any idea what could be causing this? Are there points that you would lube on a honcho that you wouldn't on a normal 2011?

On 11/13/2020 at 5:22 PM, UpYoursPal said:

Well fellas, looks like I'm going to join the Honcho owner association soon.  I skipped the line and picked up @Shmella's blaster because it was just too good to pass up!  Now I literally cannot wait until it arrives.

18 minutes ago, UpYoursPal said:

Well, I got the Honcho in and got it sighted in today.  It ran extraordinarily well and is super accurate.  

I did have one quick question: after firing, I took it apart for the first time to get used to the process, as well as understand the locking block system and put some lube on it.  After re-assembly, the slide became very stiff.  Like, it would stick at the very back when I tried to cycle it.  I took it apart again, slathered on more lube, and put it back together.  While it loosened up a bit, it was still pretty stiff.  Any idea what could be causing this? Are there points that you would lube on a honcho that you wouldn't on a normal 2011?

Dang that was quick! Hope you enjoy it. Mine should be showing up next week or so.

1 hour ago, UpYoursPal said:

Sounds like you didn't reassemble it correctly.