Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Salomon SUPERCROSS!!

jeremy kemlo

Just got a got a pair of the new Salomon supercross. https://www.salomon.com/en-us/shop/product/supercross.html#color=14678
For those of you who have tried the Salomon speedcross and thought, if they were just a little wider, then the supercross will be that shoe. The supercross has one of the widest toe boxes that I have seen on a Salomon shoe. I also like the tread pattern better. They have very grippy lugs that are v shaped and larger diameter than the speedcross. So if you have ripped the lugs off the speedcross and thought if they were a little bigger then they would hold up better, the supercross is your shoe.  The supercross are also more flexible than the speedcross. The soles of the supercross feel softer than the speedcross yet still feel springy-more of a rebound effect. The rubber on the bottom of the sole feels soft and grips well on Concreete and Falt line. Supercross need no break in. So unless you have narrow feet the supercross shoes looks to be a great choice. They are also cheaper than the speedcross. 
If I could change one thing on the supercross and speedcross it would be to have a lower drop from heel to toe. Both are a 10mm drop. I would like it to be a 4mm drop but that’s me. One other thing. Since Solomons are usually on the narrow side I have ordered a half size larger. I am thinking that I will have to go back down to 11 1/2 for the Supercross as the size 12 Feels a little big.  I know this is a newer line of salomon shoes but if anyone has any long-term Durability  update I would love to hear it. I will also update after I use them for a while. Another shoe that looks interesting is the Saucony peregrine 10 ST. If anyone has tried that shoe and would like to give some feedback that would be great. 

5 hours ago, Chili said:

I wish they made more of these model in Goretex waterproof. A lot of our matches see the grass covered in dew in the morning and it's nice to keep the feet dry!

The supercross come in a Gtx version with Goretex   For an extra $20

• 4 weeks later...

I've had my speedcross 5s since last April and use them for every match and every time I hit up the range. They are going strong and seem to have a lot more life left in them.

2 hours ago, PCKLST said:

I really like the Speedcross wide so may have to give these a try all of their standard (non-wide) models have been way to narrow for me.

I got a pair shortly after this topic was posted. Was on sale so I figured I would try a pair even though I typically need a wide width.

The shoe is wider than their regular shoe but it comes out to a normal medium width. Now if these came in a wide width they would be perfect. 

Haven’t been able to use them on the range yet due to the shutdown. Like the large knobby tread which aids in making them feel softer.

5 hours ago, HI5-O said:

I got a pair shortly after this topic was posted. Was on sale so I figured I would try a pair even though I typically need a wide width.

The shoe is wider than their regular shoe but it comes out to a normal medium width. Now if these came in a wide width they would be perfect. 

Haven’t been able to use them on the range yet due to the shutdown. Like the large knobby tread which aids in making them feel softer.

I think I will wait and see if they come out with a wide version

7 minutes ago, shred said:

Are these long in the toe?  I got some the same size as I wear in Speedcross and there's way more length in front.  So much I'm wondering if I got a mislabeled pair.

They definietly fit bigger than the Speedcross does in the same size. Ordered a pair of Supercross and Speedcross when they were on clearance a couple weeks ago and ended up returning the Supercross because they were too big.

I actually ended up getting a pair of Alphacross for $64 direct from Solomon.  They have regular laces, but they fit well and for the money I thought it was a very good deal.

On 4/15/2020 at 11:33 AM, shred said:

Are these long in the toe?  I got some the same size as I wear in Speedcross and there's way more length in front.  So much I'm wondering if I got a mislabeled pair.

Speedcross for me is a size 12?

purchased supercross in 12 and they are too long. Never even took the tags off. Should gave purchased 11.5 

On 4/15/2020 at 8:33 AM, shred said:

A little long but since it’s narrow for me, it should work okay 

Mine are on the way from REI. I am hoping for a bigger toe/width than my Speedcross.   

I have a pair of GORUCK boots which I like but not for shooting.  For being an RO they are fantastic. The toe box is big to accommodate for your feet swelling. Comfortable all day long.

Very familiar with Salomon products from deployement use and I'm a big fan.

Just bought a fresh pair of Speedcross 5 Wide in 10.5, Speedcross 5 GTX in 11, and a pair of Supercross GTX in 10.5. Unfortunately, they don't make the Speedcross 5 GTX's in wide. Will comment on fit differences when I get them in. I plan on returning whichever GTX model fits worse.

Edited by kamber

• 10 months later...