Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, K-wal said:

Do we know if the DWX uses P09 mags or the newer P10F mags? I have some older P09 mags, but none of the updated P10F mags.

It shouldnt really matter, but they will probably take the updated P09/P10F mags. Heres a thread on modifying the old style mags to fit:

17 minutes ago, Midwest3Gunner said:

It shouldnt really matter, but they will probably take the updated P09/P10F mags. Heres a thread on modifying the old style mags to fit:

This is correct, dwx takes the new updated p-09/p10f magazines. (Top set of reversible notches.)

12 hours ago, Midwest3Gunner said:

Thank you for clarifying! Super excited, any chance of a release date?

I was told by Keith at Dan Wesson Q1 2020. Sounds extremely early given typical time lines for CZ new releases, but maybe since this is primarily a DW thing, not CZ, it will be accurate.

Edited by PrimaryBruce

On 11/5/2019 at 6:40 PM, Ajohnson15 said:

This is correct, dwx takes the new updated p-09/p10f magazines. (Top set of reversible notches.)

So it looks like the 25 original P-09 magazines that I have with only the single notch on each side won't work then correct?

7 hours ago, jlficken said:

So it looks like the 25 original P-09 magazines that I have with only the single notch on each side won't work then correct?

I think you could modify them to, if you wanted, see the thread that I quoted earlier.

Well, I had my local CZ/DW dealer put my name down to order one as soon as they are able to. I'm excited, and I dont mind being a guinea pig.

On 11/11/2019 at 11:00 AM, jlficken said:

assuming that mag was also used for the live fire testing that was shown in the videos, that should mean the dwx full size would take legacy (and new) P-09 mags, no?

As a fairly new shooter that hasn't made the jump to the 2011 platform yet. This is an extremely attractive offering to me. It has several things going for it, for guys like me. Lower overall price, cheaper mags, no worries about having to tune the already expensive mags to make them run right, it has all the things a competition blaster should have (ahem 1911 parentage), AND made by manufacturer/s that already have a great track record when it comes to quality. A lot of you saying you don't see the benefit I think are coming from a place of already being established in the sport. You've already dropped $5k+ on your 2011s and got them running correctly. What you aren't considering is NEW shooters, where I think this gun will see most of its demand come from. And if it runs like I'm sure it will, I bet you see a lot of new shooters at least starting with this and then maybe moving into the multiple thousands 2011s later. 

Edited by Az_Twister

10 minutes ago, Az_Twister said:

As a fairly new shooter that hasn't made the jump to the 2011 platform yet. This is an extremely attractive offering to me. It has several things going for it, for guys like me. Lower overall price, cheaper mags, no worries about having to tune the already expensive mags to make them run right, it has all the things a competition blaster should have (ahem 1911 parentage), AND made by manufacturer/s that already have a great track record when it comes to quality. A lot of you saying you don't see the benefit I think are coming from a place of already being established in the sport. You've already dropped $5k+ on your 2011s and got them running correctly. What you aren't considering is NEW shooters, where I think this gun will see most of its demand come from. And if it runs like I'm sure it will, I bet you see a lot of new shooters at least starting with this and then maybe moving into the multiple thousands 2011s later. 

Ditto

1 hour ago, Az_Twister said:

And if it runs like I'm sure it will, I bet you see a lot of new shooters at least starting with this and then maybe moving into the multiple thousands 2011s later. 

If it runs I doubt any one will be switching to 2011s  .  there will be mods and after market stuff for this also. 

7 hours ago, Az_Twister said:

Eh... My Para mags with Dawson basepads required nothing more than taking the factory pad off and installing a Dawson to get 20 rounds reloadable. And the pistol was ~$1100 new in 2016. 

15 hours ago, HCH said:

Eh... My Para mags with Dawson basepads required nothing more than taking the factory pad off and installing a Dawson to get 20 rounds reloadable. And the pistol was ~$1100 new in 2016. 

Good deal and you had good luck on the mags running out of the box. Unfortunately, a lot of 2011 mags require quite a bit of tuning to get them to run reliably. Even after they are tuned, you run into them eventually needing to be re-tuned. If you know how, no big deal, but if you have to send them off to a pro, then it becomes even more of an investment into just the mags.

6 hours ago, PrimaryBruce said:

For you guys who want to be among the first to get your hands on one, Brownells is accepting pre orders.

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/handguns/semi-auto/dwx-light-rail-9mm-prod132926.aspx?avs|Make_3=Dan%20Wesson

thanks for the link. may take Brownells a while though. i've pre-ordered from them several times and even after release, it can take them months.  one time, they called me 1yr after i tried buying a Scar17. 

8 hours ago, PrimaryBruce said:

For you guys who want to be among the first to get your hands on one, Brownells is accepting pre orders.

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/handguns/semi-auto/dwx-light-rail-9mm-prod132926.aspx?avs|Make_3=Dan%20Wesson

I did a quick check, the Brownells code for %10 off and free shipping did drop the price even though it's preorder/backorder. Brought the price down to $1,540 shipped, I didn't order but was curious.

Edited by MustangMan

On 11/12/2019 at 4:13 PM, 1911vm said:

If it runs I doubt any one will be switching to 2011s  .  there will be mods and after market stuff for this also. 

Better yet, you already have a pretty good aftermarket and customization options right out of the gate.

Existing grips, sights, fire control/ignition components (hammer, sear, disconnect, firing pin), springs (recoil springs (will fit 1911 size) hammer spring, sear spring, fp spring), Magwells, basepads. Heck you even have both extended and low profile safeties and slide stops at release. 

Though I'm certainly excited to see what new things the aftermarket may decide to offer.

12 hours ago, MustangMan said:

I did a quick check, the Brownells code for %10 off and free shipping did drop the price even though it's preorder/backorder. Brought the price down to $1,540 shipped, I didn't order but was curious.

Curious to see if they honor that. That's dealer cost almost. 

2 hours ago, PrimaryBruce said:

Curious to see if they honor that. That's dealer cost almost. 

i think they will b/c if there's no further discounts, they have a mechanism for that on their end.  I tried to add a Zenith z5rs and it said no further discounts on their products. So if it took it, i think they will honor it. 

• 2 weeks later...