Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig320 X5 Legion trigger vs Grey Guns trigger

hiflyer51

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gray guns trigger is an improvement over stock, slightly less trigger pull weight, a little crisper break and less over travel. The trigger face is actually a little narrower than stock and that helps the feel. Overall nothing drastic but nice upgrade.

Thanks for the quick reply! I just got my X5 Legion yesterday and just shot it this am. This is the 1st Sig320 that I have shot. I liked the way the gun felt, but I definitely would prefer shorter overtravel. Less trigger pull weight would be nice too. I have been shooting a Glock 17 with a Johnny Glock competition trigger in CO USPSA the last 2 years.

Edited by hiflyer51

8 hours ago, hiflyer51 said:

Thanks for the quick reply! I just got my X5 Legion yesterday and just shot it this am. This is the 1st Sig320 that I have shot. I liked the way the gun felt, but I definitely would prefer shorter overtravel. Less trigger pull weight would be nice too. I have been shooting a Glock 17 with a Johnny Glock competition trigger in CO USPSA the last 2 years.

You may want to consider the Keres  Dynamics trigger as well. One guy let me try the adjustable  Keres trigger on his X-Five and I ordered one right away. It is adjustable for both Pre and Over travel. It was like the Apex trigger that I had on my PPQ Q5.

On 9/13/2019 at 7:49 PM, hiflyer51 said:

Does anyone here know what Sig did mechanically to reduce the pull of the X5 Legion trigger?

I have ordered the Gray Guns competition kit, so I guess I will know soon if it is an improvement over the X5 Legion trigger.

Please post back with your experience; I'm looking at the same decision myself!

Thanks,
Nathan

I installed the Grey Guns competition trigger kit yesterday and shot it today. It has a little less over travel and is lighter 3# vs 4#. I shot a lot of doubles drills and some Bill drills. Shooting the Legion stock I thought the trigger was OK, however I think the  GG trigger is considerably better. I think the GG competition trigger is on par or slightly better than the Johnny  Glock competition triggers that I been using on my G17s.

Installing the GG kit was fairly straightforward using @Alma Coles videos with one exception. I was unable to reassemble the trigger bar and GG trigger with his method ( it works fine for the Legion stock trigger ),  I had to use Apex’s trigger bar installation method. I suppose this is because of the different trigger geometry. I am using the flat face trigger.

l

Edited by hiflyer51

I have the GG competition trigger in my standard X5 and had Robert Burke (The Sig Armorer) work on the trigger in my Legion. They are different for sure, but I gotta say that the Burke trigger feels better to me. I did not even bother to measure the pull when I got it back it was so nice! I will do that with both guns and report back.

On 9/28/2019 at 12:23 PM, bimmer1980 said:

Hey guys! If i use the GG Trigger System, do i stay IPSC PO legal at 3lbs minimum, or do i have to stay with the factory springs to achieve that ?

Most likely you will be OK, but I do recall seeing a few posts on here or Sigtalk where people were seeing just under 3lb. I'd say the vast majority are over 3lb though.

On 9/11/2019 at 8:13 PM, jaep1911 said:

You may want to consider the Keres  Dynamics trigger as well. One guy let me try the adjustable  Keres trigger on his X-Five and I ordered one right away. It is adjustable for both Pre and Over travel. It was like the Apex trigger that I had on my PPQ Q5.

Has anyone tried the Keres adjustable in a Legion yet?  Reviews?

I’ve tried a Keres in my Legion. 

Dialing out the pre and over travel is neat, but it significantly added pull weight. Also wasn’t a fan on the face of the shoe. Decided to go back to stock

An overtravel sleeve isn’t necessary with an adjustable trigger, you take all the overtravel out with the setscrew. 

Apparently Armory Craft is about to come out with a similar adjustable trigger that uses the Legion’s geometry. Definitely looking forward to that.