Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig320 X5 Legion trigger vs Grey Guns trigger

hiflyer51

So, I really like the X-Five Legion with an SRO but the stock trigger was a wet carrot and long reset I thought (and I still shot it well).Having just read the 5 pages for the first time would the following be a good summary - feel free to correct, I won't take it personally:

1) A good first choice is SigArmorer if you want to send it out.

2) Next is the GrayGuns if you want to do it at home - straight or curved for you to choose.

3) The new Armory Craft looks great on the video above but won't be out for a little bit so no one has tried it yet - stay tuned.

Personally I'm not worried about weight as much as getting a good crisp break and less travel pre and post.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/26/2019 at 7:46 PM, Jsjac said:

I picked up my Legion Tuesday. 

I have a full size 320 with the heavy grip with the GG competition trigger kit in it. 

When I compared the trigger on the Legion and the full size 320 ,the Gray Guns trigger is much better than the factory Legion trigger. 

Looks like I will have to pick up a second GG competition trigger. 

Also I will have to sand or file the edge of the trigger on the Legion because it has a very sharp edges. 

I have been shooting my 320 Legion quite a bit. 

The feel of the stock trigger is very close to the GG trigger. 

I am going to keep shooting it with the factory trigger for a while and see how it goes. 

I was thinking about the GG hybrid trigger but am not quite sure yet. 

Installed the GG Hybrid trigger in my new Legion.  I was all very easy except for the trigger bar fitting to the trigger shoe.  OMG, too me an hour to get those two to match up.  In the end I chose to install the trigger bar spring AFTER I had the trigger/trigger bar together.  The over-travel addition seems nice although I only picked up my gun today, so not much to compare it to.

I also put the Romero 1 Pro on with the shroud.

I was a bit over it by the time I put the gauge on the trigger and may have jerked a few for a false high pull, but here is the 10 pull average 

DE1C1FC2-D2D3-45B6-8E13-76680FE372E1.jpeg

Edited by zhunter

Just replaced the GG  with a Keres adjustable trigger on mine and I like it better. I keep the GG sear and sear springs. Just took out the trigger and over travel bushing. Since the keres has over travel and pretravel screws, I was able to adjust them to suit me. Pretravel has been pretty much eliminated (I left a little bit) and over travel is nonexistent. 

The GG hybrid trigger is pretty much their version of the Keres since it has over travel and pretravel screws for adjustment.

10 Average trigger pull was 2# 12.1 oz 

3 hours ago, matt7184 said:

What was the weight on your legion trigger from the factory?  I'm debating going to this trigger as I think I want a shorter LOP.

To be honest I was so amped to get the Hybrid in that I forgot to measure the factory, my bad for sure.

I will be ordering the Armory Craft dual adjustable when it is available.  

6 hours ago, lfine said:

And what effect if any on the creep? Thanks 

No effect, in my experience.

I think that evil Mr. Creep lives in the striker hook/sear interface.

I have a P320F that arrived with a 4lb factory trigger.

It was a Red Box and had gone through the voluntary recall.

I added an Apex trigger bar and a Keres adjustable trigger.

It now pulls at 2lbs-8oz (Lyman digital, 10 pull average).

Tiny bit of creep still present.

The Keres is a nice trigger, adjustable fore and aft.

Short reach and about vertical when at the wall.

Just now, DirectDrive said:

No effect, in my experience.

I think that evil Mr. Creep lives in the striker hook/sear interface.

I have a P320F that arrived with a 4lb factory trigger.

It was a Red Box and had gone through the voluntary recall.

I added an Apex trigger bar and a Keres adjustable trigger.

It now pulls at 2lbs-8oz (Lyman digital, 10 pull average).

Tiny bit of creep still present.

The Keres is a nice trigger, adjustable fore and aft.

Short reach and about vertical when at the wall.

is that Keres trigger on a X-5 Legion?

34 minutes ago, zhunter said:

No, it's in a P320F that has an X-Five grip module on it and an Apex trigger bar.

I was surprised (and happy) about how light the P320F was (4lbs) initially out of the box.

Maybe one of the smiths at SIG, while doing the recall work, did a little extra massaging ?

9 hours ago, matt7184 said:

What was the weight on your legion trigger from the factory?  I'm debating going to this trigger as I think I want a shorter LOP.

For what it’s worth, got mine a week ago and after 250 rds the 5 pull average was 4# 4oz.

Just checked Keres website. Ships in 4-6 weeks? Really glad I went with the GG. It will be here Friday. I don't really need a super low pull weight and I don't own a gauge. But I just want a better feel, if its lighter that's a plus. I will post here after install. If I'm not impressed I'm going to lie to convince myself I don't need to wait to a month for the keres.

5 hours ago, TravisB_02 said:

Just checked Keres website. Ships in 4-6 weeks? Really glad I went with the GG. It will be here Friday. I don't really need a super low pull weight and I don't own a gauge. But I just want a better feel, if its lighter that's a plus. I will post here after install. If I'm not impressed I'm going to lie to convince myself I don't need to wait to a month for the keres.

1) The best place to purchase the Keres trigger is smallgunparts.com

That does two things. 

a) The triggers are in stock there at a fair price. (last time I looked, but word is out)

b) Buying the trigger at SGP gets you a discount if you want an Apex bar or another qualifying accessory.

2) The Keres trigger in and of  itself does not yield a "super low pull weight".

Any of these straight triggers offer more leverage, so pull weight may seem lower.

A lever makes work easier by reducing the force needed to move a load. (The load is the same)

My lower pull weight was the result of a combination of things as detailed above, starting with a pistol that had a low pull weight right out of the box.

Edited by DirectDrive
clarification

5 hours ago, TravisB_02 said:

Did you order the GG Hybrid trigger kit which allows for adjustment of the trigger or just the regular GG trigger competition kit?

17 hours ago, lfine said:

And what effect if any on the creep? Thanks 

I didn’t noticed any after installation and testing. It’s probably due to the combination of the GG sear and sear springs plus the adjustability of the Keres trigger.

Adjustable P320 triggers

Keres Pro Adjust

Both take-up and over-travel are adjustable

ArmoryCraft

Both take-up and over-travel are adjustable

Gray Guns Hybrid

Over-travel is adjustable

Notes :

ArmoryCraft P320 trigger is set to be released on Feb 1st

ArmoryCraft trigger in a P-series pistol

Screen-Shot-11-24-19-at-08-38-AM.png

FYI... the keres will actually add to the trigger pull weight on a legion due to the geometry they use on their trigger. I installed one and noticed it felt heavier. I don't have a tool to measure exact but it's been a common finding for people using the keres.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, bsaks said:

FYI... the keres will actually add to the trigger pull weight on a legion due to the geometry they use on their trigger. I installed one and noticed it felt heavier. I don't have a tool to measure exact but it's been a common finding for people using the keres.

A few have reported that. I wouldn't call it a common finding.

I noticed a reduction in pull weight after I installed the Keres, but I think it's due to the additional leverage of the straight trigger as opposed to a curved trigger.

I started at 4lbs out of the box.

Apex bar got me to 3lbs

Keres then got me to 2lbs-8oz

Measured with a Lyman digital and average of 10 pulls.

Edited by DirectDrive

4 hours ago, George16 said:

Did you order the GG Hybrid trigger kit which allows for adjustment of the trigger or just the regular GG trigger competition kit?

I ordered the regular. Someone mentioned it's probably the best for competition. And I wanted the straight trigger. I feel like it will be a benefit once I get used to it. 

In the end if I want less overall travel I can then get a straight adjustable trigger from keres or ArmoryC. I love the look of that AC one. 

2 hours ago, war_material said:

So I am seriously on the fence about the sig armorors trigger guys anyone with experience and if it is worth it over stock? Looking at about $400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have The sig armorer trigger. After using the GG trigger for the last 2 years, I am going to use TSA this year. The total trigger travel is much less, as well as reducing the creep. 

It’s definitely better, but it’s not worlds better. 

16 hours ago, TravisB_02 said:

small gunparts.com- when i ordered mine they sent me a 10% off code! 

20 hours ago, zhunter said:

Mine is on the Legion- GG comp kit and Keres trigger- changes from 1 3/4 pounds to just over 2- most

likely me doing the trigger gage from different positions-

1 hour ago, Rolex said:

Mine is on the Legion- GG comp kit and Keres trigger- changes from 1 3/4 pounds to just over 2- most

likely me doing the trigger gage from different positions-

Keres trigger raises the trigger pull on the Legion due to different trigger geometry, so your results are the norm

6 hours ago, Rich406 said:

I have The sig armorer trigger. After using the GG trigger for the last 2 years, I am going to use TSA this year. The total trigger travel is much less, as well as reducing the creep. 

It’s definitely better, but it’s not worlds better. 

Thanks for the insight!  Is this with a legion?  I have a legion with a stock trigger right now and honestly my only complaint is the reset.  It feels like I am fighting it but I know I can train it out.  I am just used to a short reset at the moment.