Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig320 X5 Legion trigger vs Grey Guns trigger

hiflyer51

I did a little experimenting and found this to be my combo that I’ll end up using. 
I took the striker assembly out from my X5 with the Burke competition trigger work because it gives the trigger a nice crisp snap you can feel and hear and placed it in my Legion with the GG competition kit. Wow is all I say. 
The break is very nice with the snap type of break and with very little overtravel. The weight is around 2.5-ish if I remember right. I’ll weigh it again if I can find my gauge. 

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, zhunter said:

The LCI creates issues on the RDS’s glass due to escaping gas.

Romeo 3 currently needs a plate to mount on the Legion rather than a direct mount of the Romeo Pro 1

The Springer plate for the Romeo3 max moves the optic back, which is supposed to keep the lens from getting coated from the LCI.

I have the plate, but still been waiting on the 6MOA to come back in stock. Also Vulcan Machine Werks offers a slide cut to direct mount the Max. I’m probably going to end up going that direction, since I picked up a Barsto barrel with no LCI. If anyone wants a Springer adapter plate PM me.

I have been using the GG Comp trig kit in both my legions (approx 8-9k rnds).  I settled on using the factory trigger bar spring it gives a little crisper feel over the GG reduced power trigger bar spring. Trigger pull in the 2.5 - 2.75# range.

I put a Keres adjustable trigger in one gun last week (1200+ rnds).  With it I can reduce the reset/overtravel to the minimum still allowing the gun to reset and reduce pretravel to a minimum. It did not noticeably change the trigger pull weight. It is compatible with the GG kit.

i am happy with the Keres / GG kit combo and I am ordering another Keres trigger to put in my match gun.

18 hours ago, Archangelgt said:

The Springer plate for the Romeo3 max moves the optic back, which is supposed to keep the lens from getting coated from the LCI.

I have the plate, but still been waiting on the 6MOA to come back in stock. Also Vulcan Machine Werks offers a slide cut to direct mount the Max. I’m probably going to end up going that direction, since I picked up a Barsto barrel with no LCI. If anyone wants a Springer adapter plate PM me.

The optic still gets burnt from the power, but the glass doesn't get obscured too badly. I sent mine back for a new barrel regardless.

This was 120 rounds

IMG_20191111_074949_a.jpg

14 hours ago, thormx538 said:

The optic still gets burnt from the power, but the glass doesn't get obscured too badly. I sent mine back for a new barrel regardless.

This was 120 rounds

IMG_20191111_074949_a.jpg

Looks like the Romeo3 sits a lot farther forward on the slide compared to the Romeo3 Max

]M17%20MAX%204.jpg

You could be right, it's hard to tell. I tried to compare a side shot of my R3 to the one on their site. It's not perfect, I had to flip my image because it was taken from the other side (only one I had saved on my phone and my gun is back at Sig right now) and it's not perfectly flat so there's some perspective introduced. 

romeomaxvsmomeo3.jpg

Random question for those that are familiar with the GG kits. There were 4 sear springs in the kit. Is this just a redundancy or is it worth pulling apart the FCU again and see if the weights are different?

23 minutes ago, touji said:

Random question for those that are familiar with the GG kits. There were 4 sear springs in the kit. Is this just a redundancy or is it worth pulling apart the FCU again and see if the weights are different?

Good question! My GG kit arrives today-

I could call them but dont have the time-

1 hour ago, touji said:

Those were extra set and all are identical.

52 minutes ago, Rolex said:

Its been asked a few pages back- Has anyone used the Apex trigger bar with the GG comp.kit?

I have the Apex kit, and was wondering if their bar will make it better, or is the stock trigger bar

GTG?

I tried them together some time ago. I did not like the combination. 

My recollection is that it made the GG trigger kit kinda glitchy but it was long enough ago that I can't really give you any solid feedback at this point.

I can say that after I installed it I took about 5 trigger pulls and went straight to the work bench to take it out.

On 11/13/2019 at 12:40 PM, PrimaryBruce said:

Can anything be done to not make a P320 so soft/mushy feeling? It's atrocious. Don't know how anyone could think it's a nice trigger at all. Finally handled a 320 X5 Legion and there's no way I could drop $900 on a pistol with a trigger like that.

I don’t disagree but I’ve kind of gotten used to it. I have the GG trigger kit and it makes some difference but still not what I would call crisp compared to other triggers. Still like the gun better overall compared to other striker fired I’ve used (Glock, M&P, Walther - all with aftermarket triggers).

I disagree with that claim. It is an overgeneralization based on perhaps just one sample. I've shot five different X5 Legions. Two of them had slightly "mushier" triggers than the others. I dropped $900 for a pistol that only needed, for me, a $17 Talon grip, to be competitive. Trigger is fine as is.  As you noted most other striker-fired pistols have triggers that are not as good (sole exception in my experience is the Walther PPQ M2).

You gotta love all the options available for the X5, but the Legion X5 trigger is good to go out of the box unless you are an M or GM that thinks they need 1% more advantage vis-à-vis the rest of the pack in order to win.

So I installed my 2nd and 3rd GG kit (w curved triggers)  in X5Legions. I did no polish or any extra tuning. Guns both have less than 400 rounds total on them. Stock trigger came in at 4 lbs even on my gauge. I installed the GG kits but for the sear springs I kept the stock ones for a more positive reset. Trigger pull is still measured 4lbs even but less over travel and a nice crisp break and reset. I like it.

I installed ther GG comp kit just now- very light on the trigger pull- But mushy with more than expected

reset and creep- shot a legion yesterday but had the Keres trigger in it- HUGE improvement.

Mine trigger will hopefully ship tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

Installed the following combo last night in a X5 legion: This legion was over 5lbs factory and quite mushy.

GG kit w/flat trigger

Factory Trigger bar spring

Apex Forward trigger bar and over travel stop

Big improvement over factory.

New pull weight is 3lb 12oz which is fine as I need 3lb + for IPSC.

Trigger shoe is moved forward which is good got me as I have big hands, always ran long triggers in my 2011's. 

Less over travel

Break is much better, less mushy, better wall.

I'm ok if this setup but want to experiment with trying to get and better "wall and snap like break".

Has anyone done anything to give them more of a crisper break? I might try too file a little bit more of a negative angle interface on the striker where it contacts the sear.

10 minutes ago, JatCarver said:

Can you expand on that?

Not really. I´m no gunsmith, but i believe you can´t do anything about the break without tuning the sear.

edit: well, or the striker, as you already said.

Edited by bimmer1980