Sig320 X5 Legion trigger vs Grey Guns trigger

hiflyer51

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/28/2019 at 6:23 PM, bimmer1980 said:

Hey guys! If i use the GG Trigger System, do i stay IPSC PO legal at 3lbs minimum, or do i have to stay with the factory springs to achieve that ?

i also like to know... anybody?

On 11/17/2019 at 3:17 PM, rowdyb said:

So I installed my 2nd and 3rd GG kit (w curved triggers)  in X5Legions. I did no polish or any extra tuning. Guns both have less than 400 rounds total on them. Stock trigger came in at 4 lbs even on my gauge. I installed the GG kits but for the sear springs I kept the stock ones for a more positive reset. Trigger pull is still measured 4lbs even but less over travel and a nice crisp break and reset. I like it.

That will be my way to go to! Tnx

On 7/1/2020 at 9:16 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

i also like to know... anybody?

I know now.

I use the complete GG Kit, with the stock trigger return spring. It´s about 1,5 KG in the middle of the trigger, 1,1 -1,2 KG if you pull on the bottom end. IPSC rule sais, must me messured in the middle of the trigger. So i should be pretty safe.  

5 hours ago, bimmer1980 said:

I know now.

I use the complete GG Kit, with the stock trigger return spring. It´s about 1,5 KG in the middle of the trigger, 1,1 -1,2 KG if you pull on the bottom end. IPSC rule sais, must me messured in the middle of the trigger. So i should be pretty safe.  

The thing with the full kit is that you get the GG sear.

I used his light spring kit, but that sear eliminated that creep that is present in every P320 that I have handled.

2 minutes ago, DirectDrive said:

The thing with the full kit is that you get the GG sear.

I used his light spring kit, but that sear eliminated that creep that is present in every P320 that I have handled.

Yes i know.

It was about how to stay above 3lbs (1,36KG) for IPSC.

5 hours ago, bimmer1980 said:

I know now.

thx!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve read this thread a couple times and I’m still a little confused. I have an og 320RX and a 320 x5 legion. While I like the flat trigger and can live with the amount of take up, the creep is horrendous on the X5 and the reset is a mile long. From the wall to the break is just mushy slop. Gray guns adjustable drop in or Sig Armourer ($149 / $300) are the options right? The Keres and the other name I can’t remember only adjust travel right?

I only mention the 320RX because it has a better break and reset than the legion which seems odd. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 2:01 PM, Aggrofish said:

I’ve read this thread a couple times and I’m still a little confused. I have an og 320RX and a 320 x5 legion. While I like the flat trigger and can live with the amount of take up, the creep is horrendous on the X5 and the reset is a mile long. From the wall to the break is just mushy slop. Gray guns adjustable drop in or Sig Armourer ($149 / $300) are the options right? The Keres and the other name I can’t remember only adjust travel right?

I only mention the 320RX because it has a better break and reset than the legion which seems odd. 

I have the standard X5 and started with the GG kit. This removed pretty much all the over travel and a small amount of the pretravel and creep but the trigger felt considerably better and lighter. I recently installed all the stock parts back in and sent it to Burke (The Sig Armourer) and had him do his competition level action job on it. It's night an day difference. it is more than worth the extra $150 over the GG kit. Almost all the pretravel and creep is gone and there is no over travel at all that I can tell. It's Hands down the best striker trigger I've ever felt. it has between a 3 and 3.5lb trigger pull using all stock springs.

On 7/16/2020 at 4:09 PM, Mick-S said:

I have the standard X5 and started with the GG kit. This removed pretty much all the over travel and a small amount of the pretravel and creep but the trigger felt considerably better and lighter. I recently installed all the stock parts back in and sent it to Burke (The Sig Armourer) and had him do his competition level action job on it. It's night an day difference. it is more than worth the extra $150 over the GG kit. Almost all the pretravel and creep is gone and there is no over travel at all that I can tell. It's Hands down the best striker trigger I've ever felt. it has between a 3 and 3.5lb trigger pull using all stock springs.

I ended up getting the Armory Craft adjustable with the GG kit. I haven’t had time to install it yet. 

I installed the Gray Guns adjustable flat trigger kit in my legion last night. Used the intermediate return spring with the competition sear springs. Trigger dropped from 3.5lb to 2.5lb. Reset dropped about 25% .176" to .130"

10 minutes ago, lennyo3034 said:

Will the gray guns kit prevent the X5 legion from being used in USPSA Production or IDPA SSP?

It's fine in Prod, probably illegal in SSP if you install the trigger. You could run the springs and sear with the stock trigger in SSP though.

16 minutes ago, lennyo3034 said:

Will the gray guns kit prevent the X5 legion from being used in USPSA Production or IDPA SSP?

You can use the GrayGuns trigger in USPSA, and IDPA.

I guess there could be a questions in IDPA that the trigger itself would be a visible change.

IDPA 8.2.1.2

G. Internal action work may be used to enhance trigger pull as long as safety is maintained (no visible external
modifications allowed).

Edited by Boomstick303

On 7/28/2020 at 2:01 PM, lennyo3034 said:

The Gray guns trigger is illegal in IDPA SSP. You can however install the rest of the kit. I tried it with the GG trigger and with the stock trigger and the rest of GG's kit. I really couldn't tell much difference between the two. The GG's kit with the stock trigger worked great and I stayed legal in IDPA SSP. I shot it like this for about a year before I sent it off to Burke.

Edited by Mick-S

Great thread, IDPA follow up question. I have a 320 X Compact that I want to set up for IDPA CO. I believe that their CO refers to ESP (not SSP) as the basis for equipment rules. So in IDPA CO (ESP), can I assume that an aftermarket trigger like GG will be allowed?

Thanks

18 hours ago, Sumtoc said:

Great thread, IDPA follow up question. I have a 320 X Compact that I want to set up for IDPA CO. I believe that their CO refers to ESP (not SSP) as the basis for equipment rules. So in IDPA CO (ESP), can I assume that an aftermarket trigger like GG will be allowed?

Thanks

yes, as you noted CO is based upon ESP, no problem with aftermarket trigger in ESP/CO.

My Legion will arrive at TSA today and I’m looking forward to experiencing this. I sold both of my GG kits and while they were a nice upgrade I prefer the wider flat shape of the factory trigger.... without the GG trigger I also have overtravel. The factory trigger is about 4 lbs so I can see how Robert can polish away .5 - .75 lbs away. The magic is how he shaves the sear to eliminate creep and likely adds material to adjust pre and over travel.

9 hours ago, Stician said:

My Legion will arrive at TSA today and I’m looking forward to experiencing this. I sold both of my GG kits and while they were a nice upgrade I prefer the wider flat shape of the factory trigger.... without the GG trigger I also have overtravel. The factory trigger is about 4 lbs so I can see how Robert can polish away .5 - .75 lbs away. The magic is how he shaves the sear to eliminate creep and likely adds material to adjust pre and over travel.

Let me know how you like it. I love mine.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I dropped Gray Guns trigger kits in both of my Xfives. 
Defiantly have what I consider a LOT of creep in both.

I’ve dropped Apex kits in a bunch of M&Ps, and they are MUCH better trigger pulls!

If I could get rid of the creep on my Xfives, I’d be happy.