Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig320 X5 Legion trigger vs Grey Guns trigger

hiflyer51

Great info and numbers, so thanks.

Another question, how much does the trigger bar have to do with trigger travel in the P320 FCU operation?  Or is it more of a function of the trigger/trigger shoe rather than the trigger bar?

It seems that there must be some sweet spot to combine parts of different “systems” (eg. grays polished sear and lighter springs with a Keres trigger and an Apex trigger bar) to achieve the best possible setup apart from going the Burke route.

Thoughts?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert will do trigger jobs with a different trigger e.g. if you want to use the Keres trigger he would most likely still do his work with it. When I got my trigger done I wanted a curved trigger so I was going to use the GG, but my friend gave me a stock curved trigger so I just used that. He did a trigger job for Max Michel using the Apex Curved trigger before. 

The trigger on my brand new P320 X5 Legion was so good right out of the box I doubted the GGI trigger system could improve on it.  But, I bought one anyway with the curved trigger. It was easy to install while watching a Youtube video for guidance.  The GGI trigger system is a definite improvement.  It takes a very good trigger and makes it great. After install my trigger pull was consistently just under 3# with a shorter pretravel and reset.  I would assume the trigger will continue to get better after I get a couple thousand rounds through the Legion.

I've been using the CZ Shadow 2 in CO for the last few years, but I like this set up so much I've made the move.

Edited by JGus

23 minutes ago, JGus said:

The trigger on my brand new P320 X5 Legion was so good right out of the box I doubted the GGI trigger system could improve on it.  But, I bought one anyway with the curved trigger. It was easy to install while watching a Youtube video for guidance.  The GGI trigger system is a definite improvement.  It takes a very good trigger and makes it great. After install my trigger pull was consistently just under 3# with a shorter pretravel and reset.  I would assume the trigger will continue to get better after I get a couple thousand rounds through the Legion.

I've been using the CZ Shadow 2 in CO for the last few years, but I like this set up so much I've made the move.

I was a Shadow guy too, and hope my results and feel mirror yours.  

I did just shoot Keres a few questions about integrating their with Gray Guns Competition kit and possibly a Apex trigger bar.  

It seems the polishing and tuning of the Gray Guns parts are key (Seems Burke polishes parts as well as some welding), but I am looking to possibly shorten the trigger travel of the GG kit while maintaining their 3#ish trigger pull

On 11/9/2019 at 10:24 AM, bimmer1980 said:

I like the super short movement of the Apex too. It´s still a bit heavy. Have to test the GG, maybe combine it´s sear and springs with the apex bar and trigger.

I am going to change out the two stock sear springs for some aftermarket sear springs-

Shooters connection got a shipment of GG trigger kits in recently, and I finally bit the bullet to get a curved trigger kit. I've got some friends who swear by the Sig Armorer trigger jobs so it'll be cool to compare them side by side once I get mine installed this week. 

1 hour ago, touji said:

Shooters connection got a shipment of GG trigger kits in recently, and I finally bit the bullet to get a curved trigger kit. I've got some friends who swear by the Sig Armorer trigger jobs so it'll be cool to compare them side by side once I get mine installed this week. 

I did too, ordered mine from Osage County.  Mine should be here today, can’t wait to install it in my M17 with an X5 grip module.  

Just a question: has anyone changed out the two sear springs for lighter ones?

A guy told me he installed the Apex #112-031 and two new sear springs and his

pull went down to 3 pounds from 5?

Any thoughts??

3 hours ago, touji said:

Really can't wait to try it since I can't stand the stock trigger 😂 

I got mine installed in about 15 mins start to finish.  It has a much different feel than the stock M17 trigger with an apex flat shoe.  It has more of a rolling break to it, but is much lighter than it was before.  I’ll be going to the range Friday to run a few hundred rounds through it to see how it feels during live fire.  

5 hours ago, Rolex said:

Any thoughts??

I used the Tactical Pontoon sear springs and it dropped my trigger pull 10oz. 

14 hours ago, Rolex said:

Any thoughts??

I can´t find any lighter sear springs?!

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:30 PM, zhunter said:

I was a Shadow guy too, and hope my results and feel mirror yours.  

I did just shoot Keres a few questions about integrating their with Gray Guns Competition kit and possibly a Apex trigger bar.  

It seems the polishing and tuning of the Gray Guns parts are key (Seems Burke polishes parts as well as some welding), but I am looking to possibly shorten the trigger travel of the GG kit while maintaining their 3#ish trigger pull

zhunter,

I've been contemplating the idea of shooting the X5L next year.

Let me know which setup you have in mind.  Which red dot?

Edited by Big Guy

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

zhunter,

I've been contemplating the idea of shooting the X5L next year.

Let me know which setup you have in mind.  Which red dot?

Hey Big Guy

Yes I am gonna shoot the P320 X-Five Legion in CO next year.

I bought it before my current work trip and will send it to Sig to have the barrel replaced when I get home.  I already have the Sig Romeo Pro 1 dot.  I have done a lot of reading, and will be going with the GG Competition kit and possibly the Tactical Pontoon sear springs.  I have 3 17-round mags (comes with the Legion) and will use the Henning +6 magazine base pads and will make a plan for my other 3 21-round mags, possibly the TTI +2’s if they work with the factory 21 rounders.  I will work out having 6 reloadable 22-23 round magazines.  

Looking forward to getting back into shooting next year when my schedule allows, but work is changing and I will be in Florida a lot the next few years.  I will be making changes to my whole setup with an eye towards economy of motion being I have not shot for the past 18 months I feel now is the time to make changes like mag pouch configuration etc...

So there ya go

2 hours ago, Rolex said:

Small gun parts .com or Tactical Pontoon

Thanks!

I asked Tacitcal Pontoon as they don´t export to germany. Waiting for reply. 

Smallgunparts maybe, they already did send me baseplates and are very nice people, but i can´t find the springs there? Do you have a link for me?

31 minutes ago, bimmer1980 said:

Thanks!

I asked Tacitcal Pontoon as they don´t export to germany. Waiting for reply. 

Smallgunparts maybe, they already did send me baseplates and are very nice people, but i can´t find the springs there? Do you have a link for me?

sending u a PM

3 hours ago, zhunter said:

Hey Big Guy

Yes I am gonna shoot the P320 X-Five Legion in CO next year.

I bought it before my current work trip and will send it to Sig to have the barrel replaced when I get home.  I already have the Sig Romeo Pro 1 dot.  I have done a lot of reading, and will be going with the GG Competition kit and possibly the Tactical Pontoon sear springs.  I have 3 17-round mags (comes with the Legion) and will use the Henning +6 magazine base pads and will make a plan for my other 3 21-round mags, possibly the TTI +2’s if they work with the factory 21 rounders.  I will work out having 6 reloadable 22-23 round magazines.  

Looking forward to getting back into shooting next year when my schedule allows, but work is changing and I will be in Florida a lot the next few years.  I will be making changes to my whole setup with an eye towards economy of motion being I have not shot for the past 18 months I feel now is the time to make changes like mag pouch configuration etc...

So there ya go

Z,

When in FL call me.  We need to go do some shooting.

Also, why are you replacing the barrel?  Is it because of the chamber indicator slot?

I was thinking on the Romeo 3, but still not sure.

Edited by Big Guy

5 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Z,

When in FL call me.  We need to go do some shooting.

Also, why are you replacing the barrel?  Is it because of the chamber indicator slot?

I was thinking on the Romeo 3, but still not sure.

The LCI creates issues on the RDS’s glass due to escaping gas.

Romeo 3 currently needs a plate to mount on the Legion rather than a direct mount of the Romeo Pro 1