Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig320 X5 Legion trigger vs Grey Guns trigger

hiflyer51

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up my Legion Tuesday. 

I have a full size 320 with the heavy grip with the GG competition trigger kit in it. 

When I compared the trigger on the Legion and the full size 320 ,the Gray Guns trigger is much better than the factory Legion trigger. 

Looks like I will have to pick up a second GG competition trigger. 

Also I will have to sand or file the edge of the trigger on the Legion because it has a very sharp edges. 

3 hours ago, TenKen714 said:

What is the consensus for GG kits? The hybrid? If so, which spring combo if keeping the original Sig legion flat trigger? Or is it advisable to use the hybrid trigger for better feel and minimal pre/reset

if you want to keep the stock legion trigger, you should get the original kit that has an included spacer to reduce over travel. 

After a few months I decided to put the Lyman gauge back on my main Legion, it dropped from 4 lb 3 oz to 3 lb 12 oz over a 5 pull average.  My backup Legion is still 4 lb 3 oz.  Need to start dryfiring this one.

I just finished putting a GG flat trigger in my Legion. Wow, what a difference. So much better than the stock trigger. Worth the $. This was the lowest pull I got, the rest averaged 1.5#. My X5 with GG trigger weighs 2.6#. I noticed the sear springs definitely feel heavier. 

0B5ADB1C-B4C0-4A7D-8A01-E1508662CCF9.jpeg

Edited by OPENB

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:44 PM, JatCarver said:

Installed the following combo last night in a X5 legion: This legion was over 5lbs factory and quite mushy.

GG kit w/flat trigger

Factory Trigger bar spring

Apex Forward trigger bar and over travel stop

Big improvement over factory.

New pull weight is 3lb 12oz which is fine as I need 3lb + for IPSC.

Trigger shoe is moved forward which is good got me as I have big hands, always ran long triggers in my 2011's. 

Less over travel

Break is much better, less mushy, better wall.

I'm ok if this setup but want to experiment with trying to get and better "wall and snap like break".

Has anyone done anything to give them more of a crisper break? I might try too file a little bit more of a negative angle interface on the striker where it contacts the sear.

I tried some Combos with the Apex and GG Kit yesterday.

GG Kit with Apex Trigger -> doesn´t work. The Trigger won´t fire.

GG Kit with Apex Trigger Bar & Apex Trigger -> works, give u a much lighter, but more mushy, a bit scratchy and a longer, glock like pull. (More than with the stock sear) 

I like the Apex Triggers (curved and straight) over the GG Triggers, so i ended up with the Apex Kit with the GG Springs and Pin, for now. That gives you the short Apex Trigger feel, but a bit lighter.

I will try out setups with the GG Trigger in the future i think. Apex Triggers must have a different geometry and will not fire with the GG Kit? 

edit: I remember using the GG overtravel stop, so thats also a possibility for the Apex Trigger not to fire  

Edited by bimmer1980

On 11/14/2019 at 9:31 AM, thormx538 said:

The optic still gets burnt from the power, but the glass doesn't get obscured too badly. I sent mine back for a new barrel regardless.

This was 120 rounds

IMG_20191111_074949_a.jpg

As a data point, I picked up one with a 12-19-2019 build date  on the box, and there's no loaded chamber indicator on the barrel. The guy I ordered it through picked up an additional one for inventory, and that one also had no loaded chamber indicator. So maybe Sig got the hint. 

The just of the video starts at about 4:45.  This is a new trigger that becomes available Feb 1st.  Looks like a similar trigger to the Keres but should work with the Legion geometry.

Thoughts?

6 hours ago, TravisB_02 said:

Read all 5 pages, did I miss any statements regarding competition trigger weights and reliability? Or is it a non issue with sigs?

Thanks

Non issue in my experience and based on what I have read all over the internet/social media.

11 hours ago, TravisB_02 said:

Read all 5 pages, did I miss any statements regarding competition trigger weights and reliability? Or is it a non issue with sigs?

Thanks

None of the kits Im aware of utilize reduced power striker springs so you shouldn't have any issues setting any brand primers off.  At least that's been my experience over the last several thousand rounds through my 320X5 with the Grey Guns comp kit in it.  

Sounds like a good upgrade. I see 2 Kits available now. The $129 kit with flat or curved trigger, or a hybrid $149 kit curved trigger with built in over travel adjustment screw, which also includes a spring for a more "snappy" reset. I'm assuming the $149 is the one to go with now. 

I just wanted to chime in here. I have a couple thousand rounds through my X5 legion. The pistol is box stock. The trigger weight is just over 3.5 lbs. 

I personally like a more rifle-like trigger...on/off switch break, no creep, short reset. The weight of the stock trigger is not the issue for me, but the creep and more importantly the long reset is killing me. I’m looking for a solution to eliminate the creep and shorten the break and reset. 

4 minutes ago, Mig233 said:

I just wanted to chime in here. I have a couple thousand rounds through my X5 legion. The pistol is box stock. The trigger weight is just over 3.5 lbs. 

I personally like a more rifle-like trigger...on/off switch break, no creep, short reset. The weight of the stock trigger is not the issue for me, but the creep and more importantly the long reset is killing me. I’m looking for a solution to eliminate the creep and shorten the break and reset. 

look at my post above with the YouTube link

Yup, I saw those videos. Thank you for sharing.

I felt a GG trigger on one of my friend’s legions, and it was definitely an upgrade over stock, but not quite what I’m looking for. For $120 the GG gives a slightly shorter and cleaner break, and more noticeably a shorter and more tactile reset     But in my opinion, the GG trigger is more of a half step. 

I don’t know if it’s possible but I’d really like my legion to feel like my CZ TSO or an STI 2011. I know those are hammer fired pistols, so it’s probably apples to oranges. But my TSO is just about perfect after adjusting the set screw to my liking. 

The Sig armorer seems like the way to go, but it’s nearly $400.  I may try the drop in trigger from armory craft, but it’s not even on the market yet. So there’s a multitude of questions about it still: reliability, functionality, feel etc 

19 hours ago, TravisB_02 said:

Sounds like a good upgrade. I see 2 Kits available now. The $129 kit with flat or curved trigger, or a hybrid $149 kit curved trigger with built in over travel adjustment screw, which also includes a spring for a more "snappy" reset. I'm assuming the $149 is the one to go with now. 

The $149 kit adds the curved trigger with adjustable over travel, heavier sear springs, and a heavier trigger return spring. From what I gather talking to GG the new springs are more for "tactical" shooters not competition. Heavier trigger with a very defined reset. 

I tried out the trigger and really it doesn't remove much more over travel than the original kit, and currently there is no flat trigger version.

4 hours ago, Mig233 said:

I’d really like my legion to feel like my CZ TSO or an STI 2011.

re evaluate your expectations. they are vastly different in mechanical action and will never feel close to the same. that's why a browning high power -esque trigger like in the cz feels different than the 1911 trigger in your sti versus a striker fired gun.

releasing a sear isn't just releasing a sear. the forces, angles, springs, interfaces and method of action are all different. expecting a single stage rifle trigger in feel on a striker fired pistol is unreasonable.

Edited by rowdyb

That’s what I figured...and that’s why I started that sentence with “I don’t know if it’s possible, but...”  I am not intimately familiar with the trigger system on each type of firearm, and I’m also very new to pistols. 

But the fact that there is a lot of creep and a long reset in the legion (to the point where the reset actually brings the trigger all the way back past the creep zone and just into the take up zone) still remains.  So hopefully, I can find a solution that I like. 

Edited by Mig233

6 minutes ago, Mig233 said:

That’s what I figured...and that’s why I started that sentence with “I don’t know if it’s possible, but...”  I am not intimately familiar with the trigger system on each type of firearm, and I’m also very new to pistols. 

But the fact that there is a lot of creep and a long reset in the legion (to the point where the reset actually brings the trigger all the way back past the creep zone and just into the take up zone) still remains.  So hopefully, I can find a solution that I like. 

If you are looking to remove the creep and reduce the travel, you should try the sig armorer. 

On 1/14/2020 at 1:08 PM, Mig233 said:

I’m also very new

it is totally OK to be new and to ask questions. we've all been there and we all have more things in life we don't know about than we do. hahaha. hopefully as you go along you learn more about what's important to you and are able to make good choices in your purchases, training and upgrades.

i second SigArmorer. Alma has also done a few friend's guns in the past.