Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Legion announced! Q5 Match SF competitor?

mellino19

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Posvar said:

That’s great. Now you have me thinking of doing it. Can’t wait to see pics. Did you have to pay any shipping? 

Nope, they sent a return label. The only problem is that they won't allow the returned package to be held at the FedEx office to pick up, so I'll need to arrange someone to be there on Monday.

I called today and got approval to send mine back to swap the barrel to a non-LCI. I just bought it yesterday and haven’t fired a single round through it. 

Although, I have 2 big matches coming up the next two weekends so I probably won’t send it back til after that. This will be my back up gun. 

Edited by jpm2953

On 7/13/2019 at 7:25 PM, alma said:

I had been shooting a stock X5 for a three day course so I couldn't give a good comparison other than to say it's noticeably better than factor and seems to be good enough that you don't have to get an aftermarket right away. I need to do all true side by side to see how much better the GGI would be or if any GGI parts can further improve the Legion. 

Have you had a chance to compare the Legion trigger to the Legion with a Grey Guns competition trigger kit or other Grey Gun parts?

31 minutes ago, hiflyer51 said:

Have you had a chance to compare the Legion trigger to the Legion with a Grey Guns competition trigger kit or other Grey Gun parts?

I have done the comparison. The legion trigger is ~75% as good as the x5 with gg trigger. Albeit, my x5 gg trigger has thousands of rounds through it, my legion only has a couple hundred  i suspect after some break in the legion trigger will reduce in pull a little bit.

Honestly, when it comes to running both triggers in a match, the difference wont matter for match placenent.

On 9/12/2019 at 5:24 PM, BillR1 said:

I just got the FedEx notification that the gun is already on it's way back. It will be here on Monday. That will be exactly one week out of my hands...outstanding turnaround!

I'll take some pics on Monday...

Is yours back yet? I just dropped one, keeping the other until the first is back, one week would be great!

I wonder if they'll start shipping non-lci barrels, although we are probably in the minority on this.

Edited by eboadway

2 hours ago, eboadway said:

Is yours back yet? I just dropped one, keeping the other until the first is back, one week would be great!

I wonder if they'll start shipping non-lci barrels, although we are probably in the minority on this.

Mine just showed back up a few minutes ago. It was exactly one week since I dropped it off at FedEx. 

The new barrel looks just like a standard X5 new-style (black) barrel. I'll find out how it shoots later this afternoon.

Edited by BillR1

2 minutes ago, PewPewJohnson87 said:

Are they requesting that you send the entire gun including the FCU, or do they just want the top end? Are you guys shipping it with or without you optics?

Entire gun. When I send mine it I’ll have all the mods off of it and no optic. 

Got mine back, sent it in with the optic and the whole gun and mags per their request. They send it back to the customer because you already own the gun and have done the 4473 for the transfer so it doesn’t need to be sent to a FFL unless you want it to be. 

8EB4160B-B2EC-44F7-B100-4C75FB883422.jpeg

I emailed the CS about the LCI and carbon debris on the lens, and politely asked if they would exchange the barrel. They replied asking for evidences. I emailed the photos that I had posted here. It did not go as smoothly. lol

Don’t tell them that you need a new barrel. They’ll balk at the first chance if you say it most of the time. Just let them know of the problem and how it’s affecting your standing in the matches you participate in due to the clouding of the optic.

If you get a knowledgeable rep, he’ll send you an RMA number to have your gun shipped to them for warranty repairs. If the rep still doesn’t want to issue you an RMA, politely ask to speak to his supervisor and go from there.

Anywho, good luck.