Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Legion announced! Q5 Match SF competitor?

mellino19

On 8/9/2019 at 11:46 AM, Zoomie517 said:

The slide cut is a non-issue for me as I run DPP’s on everything. 

The LCI definitely has to be dealt with (at least to me) as I can’t imagine with as many rounds as we shoot in this sport that it won’t accelerate deterioration of optic clarity. 

Since youve dealt with the horrific stock stock trigger on the original x5 (reminded me of the double action pull on my dads Smith and Wesson model 29 😂), then adding the txg grip module should have you dialed. You may come in just slightly over legal weight with the tungsten guide rod if you’re running tti +5’s. It will be close but you may sneak by. 

And that should give you a pretty sweet ride. 

what is "LCI"

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rolex said:

Really? I was informed that was a perfect replacement for N320- 

It shoots well and produces much cleaner brass than TG, but it still leaves a deposit on the DPP. I would be very surprised if any powder didn't have this same issue.

1 hour ago, BillR1 said:

It shoots well and produces much cleaner brass than TG, but it still leaves a deposit on the DPP. I would be very surprised if any powder didn't have this same issue.

I agree. 

I’m running shooters world clean shot and gallant Bullets and after about 100 rounds there is a line on the glass. It’s normally a pretty clean running load but it clouds up the optic pretty quick. 

For those of you who own the X5 and now have the Legion do you fell that modifying the X5 with the grip module is a better option considering the issues that are being reported due to the LCI cut barrels?

I have a X5 that has been upgraded with the GG Comp trigger and GG Fat Rod with a Vortex Razor mounted on a Springer plate. I am thinking that just adding the Legion grip module is the better option for those who run red dots.

Your thoughts.

I think it’s personal choice. When I was deciding on a back up comp gun, I took a look at a used x-5  with the thought of adding the TXG grip, versus a second x5 Legion. 

With regard to the original x5, what you don’t get versus an x5 Legion is the new trigger group/ FCU.  Comparing apples to apples, if you hand Bruce an x5 and an x5 Legion, by virtue of design, Bruce (or in my case, Robert at SA) can produce a better feeling trigger for the Legion.  

My decision was that I wanted the best comp trigger I could get my hands on for this platform. So I am willing to tolerate the gas residue at least for now. 

If you’re satisfied with the x5 trigger work you have now, by all means grab the module and rock. 

If otoh, you want an even better trigger, grab an x5 Legion and retain your current x5 as a back up. 

Its really all personal choice. 

32 minutes ago, LawDog324 said:

For those of you who own the X5 and now have the Legion do you fell that modifying the X5 with the grip module is a better option considering the issues that are being reported due to the LCI cut barrels?

I have a X5 that has been upgraded with the GG Comp trigger and GG Fat Rod with a Vortex Razor mounted on a Springer plate. I am thinking that just adding the Legion grip module is the better option for those who run red dots.

Your thoughts.

Honestly, I wish I'd waited and just ordered the grips. The two X5s I had were really accurate, and I also prefer the 6MOA Romeo1 sight over the DPP. To answer your question, yes!

I opted for a little bit different option. Last week I traded for a full X5 upper that was already cut out for DeltaPoint pro. See picture below. The optic is a good bit farther back and therefore has zero issue with residue. I will leave the Legion upper for iron sites.

uKT1fhr.jpg

5 minutes ago, Posvar said:

I opted for a little bit different option. Last week I traded for a full X5 upper that was already cut out for DeltaPoint pro. See picture below. The optic is a good bit farther back and therefore has zero issue with residue. I will leave the Legion upper for iron sites.

uKT1fhr.jpg

Thats pretty slick. 

At this point I'm pretty happy with my trigger as it's averaging 2.7# on 10 pulls. I have let a few of the shooter at the range try it out and as a result there are 2 more X5 shooter in the group now. 

The gun has been flawless except when I made a DA move and got the wrong guide rod, but that's on me. I think the price of the Legion grip module is a bit high when you compare the MSRP of the X5 to the Legion X5, not sure why it's 3 times as much as the standard module $99.00 vs the Legion $299.00

In the end I am leaning towards the just upgrading my current X5 as the best option, but still would like to hear your thoughts.

49 minutes ago, Posvar said:

uKT1fhr.jpg

So I take it from your picture that your standard X5 also has the LCI cut. 

Mine is a post upgrade build but does not have the LCI cut.

I have talked to quite a few who own the x5- they have decided to get the 

new grip and keep the older x5, especially after the fact they have had the

triggers worked on already.

My opinion= good choice! 

Hello: I bought the grip for my X5 since I already have it and Sig may bring some other pistol out in a year that maybe better or it may not be. The Legion I handled was pretty nice but not as nice as my X5 with the Gray Guns curved trigger or tungsten guide rod. I am still waiting on the grip from Sig since they sent it Fed-Ex which I ordered on Aug 2nd. Says it will be here Thursday. So I would say buy the grip and a guide rod and go shoot it. Thanks, Eric

I went by my LGS today and they had a new FDE X5 and a Legion X5, all I can say is WOW, what a difference in the feel of the Legion.

The pure weight felt like I had a steel gun in my hand and the grip just felt more abrasive in my hand than the standard X5.

I dry fired it a couple of times and the trigger is better that the standard, but not as good as my GG comp trigger.

Pretty much sealed the deal on just adding the TXG to my current X5 and have the best of both with no LCI to deal with.

I'm sure if I ended up not liking it there would be a buyer here! 🤣

Edited by LawDog324

Add me to the list of folks just buying the grip and sticking with my original x5 top end.  Got my hands on a legion a few days ago and really like the way it feels.  Don't want to have to buy a new optic, actually like my Romeo 1 6moa dot, and my GG trigger kit is just the way I like it.  Also not a fan of the LCI and the loose fitting top end of the legion even though reports don't seem to be negative on the accuracy side.  My grip shipped out from Osage Co guns today.

I think it is nice of Sig to sell the TXG grip separately.  It's not cheap but it does help the gun run smooth with minimal front sight noise.  If you have a X5 and invested in a nice trigger I don't see a reason to buy a Legion unless you like the grey pvc finish and access to Legion accessories and swag.  I'm new to the platform and I'm pleased with the Legion trigger as-is and it has been the easiest gun to transition into.  I'm more accurate with this stock rolling break trigger than a Stock 2 with 6# DA, 2# SA trigger.   

12 hours ago, BillR1 said:

Honestly, I wish I'd waited and just ordered the grips. The two X5s I had were really accurate, and I also prefer the 6MOA Romeo1 sight over the DPP. To answer your question, yes!

ditto.

I went ahead and ruined my romeo 1 to fit onto the legion, didn't take much just hogged out the screw holes and bought some M4 10mm screws and it worked great. I figured with them discontinuing the original in favor of the R1pro it was essentially trash and with the old pattern being obsolete getting the first gen gun and buying a new TXG grip was an additial step to save no money and have a product that is no longer supported. My only beef with the legion is the stupid loaded chamber indicator fogging up the lens on any dot you put on the gun otherwise it's definitely a nicer pistol than the original 320X5. And a way better value for early adopters considering the first one was between 750 and 800 when they were first released and now it's 899 for a legion (if you find the deals) for a better stock trigger and heavier gun that handles better

(still on the fence about the 3-17 rounders with henning pads vs 4 stock 21 rounders cost wise they are similar in value but utility is definitely on the side of more mags and larger capacity)

11 hours ago, Akkid17 said:

I went ahead and ruined my romeo 1 to fit onto the legion, didn't take much just hogged out the screw holes and bought some M4 10mm screws and it worked great. I figured with them discontinuing the original in favor of the R1pro it was essentially trash and with the old pattern being obsolete getting the first gen gun and buying a new TXG grip was an additial step to save no money and have a product that is no longer supported. My only beef with the legion is the stupid loaded chamber indicator fogging up the lens on any dot you put on the gun otherwise it's definitely a nicer pistol than the original 320X5. And a way better value for early adopters considering the first one was between 750 and 800 when they were first released and now it's 899 for a legion (if you find the deals) for a better stock trigger and heavier gun that handles better

(still on the fence about the 3-17 rounders with henning pads vs 4 stock 21 rounders cost wise they are similar in value but utility is definitely on the side of more mags and larger capacity)

You didn’t really “ruin” your Romeo 1  by slightly enlarging the mounting holes. The electronic wafer is far from the holes and I made sure I opened it and check it up first before doing so. Just get a black permanent marker and dab the holes to cover or hide the shine when you drilled it out.

as for the mags, I’m still using the 4 21 round mags but I replaced the base pads with the gray guns aluminum base pad. I measured the overall length of the mag with the gg baseboard and it was about 139 mm.

edit- Osage County guns now have the Tungsten grip module without the magwell for $199 with free shipping.

Edited by George16

11 hours ago, Akkid17 said:

I went ahead and ruined my romeo 1 to fit onto the legion, didn't take much just hogged out the screw holes and bought some M4 10mm screws and it worked great.

Mark at L&M told me:

"Something to note.  I received a slide form a customer that tried to mount his ROMEO on yet another of the bazillion variations of P320 slides that SIG has out and his had M4x0.7 holes that are specific to the DP Pro. Neither the ROMEO or the RMR will take a M4 screw through their clearance holes and I had to ream out the holes for them to clear."

It sounds like somebody sent an M17 slide and wanted to put a Romeo 1on but as you experienced, the holes need to be bored out for the M4 bolt. Like @George16 said, I wouldn't say you ruined the Romeo 1. As we say at work with all these British cars - some "fettling" is required time to time - and that's just what you did! If it works, it works!