Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Legion announced! Q5 Match SF competitor?

mellino19

1 hour ago, Stician said:

I guess you can say this. No ejection issues either. I see fouling under the SRO hood but not on the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a great thing.

Sig replaced my barrel yesterday.

With a non LCI one.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they replacing these due to dirtying the lens of your optic solely? I was about to pick up a legion to replace my old X5 as my primary CO gun.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, af_tt said:

Are they replacing these due to dirtying the lens of your optic solely? I was about to pick up a legion to replace my old X5 as my primary CO gun.

Pretty much so. 

Pretty much so. 
Awesome, thanks! I'll just run a mag through it and get a return authorization. It makes no sense that they put the chamber indicator on a competition gun.

7 minutes ago, af_tt said:

Awesome, thanks! I'll just run a mag through it and get a return authorization. It makes no sense that they put the chamber indicator on a competition gun.

That wasn’t really their (Sig) intent. It was cut for the military since they won the M17 contract for the army.

If the CS rep gives you a problem, ask for Ryan, their supervisor and he’ll take care of you.

Mine is in the mail today to get the barrel replaced. Hope for a quick and painless turn around. 
Had to ship mine through my local FFL. I’m never home when Fedex goes through my neighborhood. 

Put a Romeo 3XL on one of mine. Dot is much more red and less "starbursty" than the DPP. I also like the 6moa versus the 2.5 on the DPP (hated the Delta reticle on the larger size)...

Romeo 3XL.jpg

Romeo and DPP.jpg

Edited by eboadway

1 minute ago, B_RAD said:

So everyone that buys a legion is going to get a barrel swap to no LCI?  Are they going to start shopping new legions with the non-LCI barrel?

Ha! One would think. We will see. 

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

Ha! One would think. We will see. 

Check out here: looks like a Sig P320 Legion R2 (revision 2?) has been released - note the photos don't have an LCI

https://gunstuff.tv/product/sig-sauer-320x59legionr2-p320-9mm-luger-double-5-171-gray-polymer-grip-frame-legion-gray-stainless-steel-slide/

What a lively thread! Thanks to everyone for contributing. 
I visited because I'm trying to decide between a Q5 SF and a P320 X5 Legion with a DPP on it.
Until now I have shot an M&P 2.0 and a Shadow 2 with dovetail mounted optics. The M&P is reliable as hell but a slightly bouncy ride (much like the P320 X5 without grip tape), and has a 3.5" Apex trigger on it. The S2 was wonderful to shoot but I stopped using it because it busted three red dots in quick succession (two DPPs and a Shield RMS).

I'm a tall guy with big hands and use the biggest palm swell of the M&P and LOK Grip palm swell bogies on the S2.

So the question is which gun would be more promising after this discussion - a Q5 SF or an X5 Legion?

I would think the Legion, which has a larger grip. The Q5 felt very small in my hands, but try one for yourself! Also, I put a DPP on one, then a Sig Romeo3XL on another. The Sig is infinitely better (albeit more costly). Much brighter dot, larger, clearer glass. One downside is having to use a plate, but I think it's well worth it! See the pics above for reference...

4 minutes ago, eboadway said:

I would think the Legion, which has a larger grip. The Q5 felt very small in my hands, but try one for yourself! Also, I put a DPP on one, then a Sig Romeo3XL on another. The Sig is infinitely better (albeit more costly). Much brighter dot, larger, clearer glass. One downside is having to use a plate, but I think it's well worth it! See the pics above for reference...

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Lior said:

What a lively thread! Thanks to everyone for contributing. 
I visited because I'm trying to decide between a Q5 SF and a P320 X5 Legion with a DPP on it.
Until now I have shot an M&P 2.0 and a Shadow 2 with dovetail mounted optics. The M&P is reliable as hell but a slightly bouncy ride (much like the P320 X5 without grip tape), and has a 3.5" Apex trigger on it. The S2 was wonderful to shoot but I stopped using it because it busted three red dots in quick succession (two DPPs and a Shield RMS).

I'm a tall guy with big hands and use the biggest palm swell of the M&P and LOK Grip palm swell bogies on the S2.

So the question is which gun would be more promising after this discussion - a Q5 SF or an X5 Legion?

X5 grip is bigger in circumference and length.  I can't get a mag in the Walther without moving the bottom of my hand out of the way

Go with the X5