Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Legion announced! Q5 Match SF competitor?

mellino19

On 9/24/2019 at 5:01 PM, Posvar said:

I called Sig yesterday. Got three things done in 5 minutes. They gave me my $200 rebate code, said that the Legion case and swag is still back ordered, and also gave me authorization and label to send it back in and have the barrel swapped out for a non LCI. He actually apologized that this was happening and said they are working on a better fix. Shipping it out tomorrow. One odd note is that they ask you to send back in the factory mags with the gun. Did anyone actually do that?

I called today- rep stated rebates are running behind!

BUT my Legion is on the way back- RE LCI-

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Posvar said:

Did anyone remove their DPP optic before sending in? It mentions that aftermarket accessories not made by Sig must be removed.

Same thing they told me on the phone and in the email.

So my Holosun was removed- sent in gun on the 25th.

25 minutes ago, Honeybooboo said:

I haven’t read through all of this thread. Are you guys all happy with the legion? 

Seems like everybody like the gun, trigger is good, most think better with Gray Guns Trigger kit.

General bitch is the LCI smoking up the lens on carry optic guns.  Sig will replace the barrel with a little prodding to a non LCI barrel.

I took a regular x5 with a gray guns kit in it and bought just the grip, I'm very satisfied with that choice times two. FWIW

I bought a couple of x5 non legions very right and both had the GG kit and guide rods in them when bought so I was money ahead with both. again FWIW 

Seems like the non X5 went low in price once the Legion came out.

1 hour ago, jcc7x7 said:

Seems like everybody like the gun, trigger is good, most think better with Gray Guns Trigger kit.

General bitch is the LCI smoking up the lens on carry optic guns.  Sig will replace the barrel with a little prodding to a non LCI barrel.

I took a regular x5 with a gray guns kit in it and bought just the grip, I'm very satisfied with that choice times two. FWIW

I bought a couple of x5 non legions very right and both had the GG kit and guide rods in them when bought so I was money ahead with both. again FWIW 

Seems like the non X5 went low in price once the Legion came out.

Cool. Well I was playing with one at the store today and seemed pretty nice. Trigger was ok, not great. Normal Sig 320 type feel. I think it’s a great value so may grab it to play around with. 

47 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Want to set up 3 for a few IDPA matches indoors this winter ( I can use the magwell in CO from what I'm told.

I don’t think it will fit the box with the magwell from what I’ve heard. I shoot USPSA CO and it had to come off. 

1 hour ago, jcc7x7 said:

Who's After Market base pads fit the magwell with 10/17 round mag tubes.

Want to set up 3 for a few IDPA matches indoors this winter ( I can use the magwell in CO from what I'm told.

1 hour ago, Cowboy1629 said:

I don’t think it will fit the box with the magwell from what I’ve heard. I shoot USPSA CO and it had to come off. 

Yeah I shoot CO 99% of the time but thought I'd play a couple of times this winter in IDPA.  Was led to believe it would fit but 

I don't know!

Think the box is same size as the SS box so maybe I'll stick in there and see if it fits in the SS box before I buy any bases.

What are the bases that come with the Legion?

Hello: The Legion comes with Hennings base pads. I have some of those coming from Shooters Connection to try on my 10 round mags. I should get them Wednesday and will see if they work with the magwell. I am not sure if I will run the magwell in IDPA since at most I will do only one reload. My reloads without the magwell are pretty good already. Thanks, Eric

11 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

What are the bases that come with the Legion?

They are Henning with the Legion insignia on the bottom. 

I use just standard plastic Sig pads on mine since I don’t run the magwell. I’m not an IDPA member but I did read in their rules you can’t use weighted mags. Not sure if that means weighted base pads or not. 

1 hour ago, Cowboy1629 said:

They are Henning with the Legion insignia on the bottom. 

I use just standard plastic Sig pads on mine since I don’t run the magwell. I’m not an IDPA member but I did read in their rules you can’t use weighted mags. Not sure if that means weighted base pads or not. 

Not an Idpa member either.

Shoot 1-2 matches a year indoors. Thought I'd leave one grip module set up with magwell for it. Just thinking about it.

Probably won't since I can use the money for uspsa extensions.

Etc

Hello: Here are the Henning X5 base pads I got from Shooters Connection for my 10 round magazines. They are flush with the magwell and fit perfectly. I will be using them for IDPA matches and also USPSA classifiers. Now to find 3 different colors like silver, purple and brown to use on my last 3 10 round mags. Thanks, Eric

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

Are the replacement barrels just the older barrels? 

I run the SRO with a Springer plate. It’s been 2000 rounds and no gas fouling on the lens. 4.0gr WST behind a 124gr Ibejiheads bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Stician said:

I run the SRO with a Springer plate. It’s been 2000 rounds and no gas fouling on the lens. 4.0gr WST behind a 124gr Ibejiheads bullet.

The RSO does hand over the ejection port more than Romeo, DPP and Holosun-Yes?

The RSO does hand over the ejection port more than Romeo, DPP and Holosun-Yes?

I guess you can say this. No ejection issues either. I see fouling under the SRO hood but not on the glass.