Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Legion announced! Q5 Match SF competitor?

mellino19

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, mellino19 said:

I think the RTS2 has the same footprint as Burris FF3 and Vortex.

Not the Burris, but is the same as the Vortex Razor. The Burris is the same as the Viper & Venom. 

8 minutes ago, OPENB said:

Not the Burris, but is the same as the Vortex Razor. The Burris is the same as the Viper & Venom. 

Thanks for the correction. I knew it was one of the Vortex it matched up but forgot which. 

I saw another post on here that an image/chart from EGW that had great cross reference info.

I modified and installed a Romeo 1 on my legion and shot about 150 rounds through it today and it definitely had a streak directly above the LCI just like the deltapoint I put on it originally. Not sure what sig is expecting to be able to accomplish with the R1 pro that will prevent this from happening but as I see it now it’s just going to be a problem we have to deal with.

On a a side note, I will say I didn’t notice any brass hitting the hood using the 12lb spring with either optic. 

Shot a couple hundred round out of my "standard" x-5 , with Legion tungsten grip and a Romeo1 6moa.

Marvelous feeling and easy to track dot.

I've never had cases hitting the optic, still the same

Real pleasure to shoot, even more so now with the Legion grip.

Worth the money!

Anybody want a couple of x-5 grips priced right to sell LOL!

What are my options if I want to mount an RTS2 to my Legion? I am not seeing anything on the Springer website. Is there another shop that makes mount plates?

RTS2 has the same footprint as Romeo 3. While Springer has adaptor plates for the 320 X5 to fit those they do not have one for a Legion. They do have one for the Legion to fit RMR footprint optics like the SRO.

I don’t understand why Sig doesn’t sell plates to fit their own Romeo 3 and the upcoming Romeo 3 Max. Seems like they think Legion owners will be sufficiently happy with a DPP or Romeo 1Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t have any Springer plates, but I’d assume the X5 plates would fit the Legion cut, since the Legion cut is actually bigger. There would be a small gap in the cut, but the holes should line up.

I don’t have any Springer plates, but I’d assume the X5 plates would fit the Legion cut, since the Legion cut is actually bigger. There would be a small gap in the cut, but the holes should line up.

They don’t. I ran into another Legion owner on the range and he put his X5 topend on his Legion so he can use the Romeo 1.

So you tried a Springer red dot  plate on your Legion, and are confirming it did not fit? Which red dot plate did you try? I find that odd, since we know a Romeo 1 fits in a Legion cut and an X5 cut. Therefore, I’d also assume a Springer plate would fit as well. 

So you tried a Springer red dot  plate on your Legion, and are confirming it did not fit? Which red dot plate did you try? I find that odd, since we know a Romeo 1 fits in a Legion cut and an X5 cut. Therefore, I’d also assume a Springer plate would fit as well. 

Legion is cut for the DPP and Romeo 1 Pro, the legacy Romeo 1 doesn’t fit.

The only Springer plates recently released are for adapting Legions to RMR, FF3 and Venom foot prints. I called Springer because I was originally looking to get a Romeo 3 Max. They said a design team is working on a plate to fit RT2 and Romeo 3 Max to the Legion. No eta.

It does fit the cut in the slide, that’s my point. It is impractical to mount because the holes in the body of the sight are too small to take the required M4 screws. But the body of the sight sits just fine in the dovetail. 

It does fit the cut in the slide, that’s my point. It is impractical to mount because the holes in the body of the sight are too small to take the required M4 screws. But the body of the sight sits just fine in the dovetail. 

I’m waiting on a SRO 5.0. Are you planning to modify the threads to fit your Romeo 1?

When I got my Legion I was all set to mount an extra Romeo 1, but found out the sight would sit in the dovetail & line up with holes, but would have to drill body to use the correct M4 screws. Not gonna do that. You can’t modify the slide holes to be smaller. I mounted a DPP. 

12 hours ago, OPENB said:

When I got my Legion I was all set to mount an extra Romeo 1, but found out the sight would sit in the dovetail & line up with holes, but would have to drill body to use the correct M4 screws. Not gonna do that. You can’t modify the slide holes to be smaller. I mounted a DPP. 

After having an R1 on my X5 for months and have a DDP on my G34MOS and switching to the DPP, I feel like the DPP is the way to go with the clarity and window size. The dot is more crisp as well IMO.

From what I've seen online, you need 6-48UNS-3A screws for the original R1 threads in the older slide, however, I'm guessing if the Legion is updated for DPP so it's now M4 x.7 x15.8mm? You could probably find a better fit screw in some of those master gunsmith scope mounting screw kits from Pachmayr. I wish I knew where L&M got the hardware he provides when doing the DPP cut on previous X5 because then it would fit through the R1 and allow mounting to the Legion slide; but again I think you made a good choice just going DPP and saving a headache of hunting down the right hardware.

Also another random question.

For those of you having buildup on your optic using your legion, what powder are you guys using? I talked to a major Sig shooter this weekend and he's been running N320 and said he has zero problems with the glass getting smoked from the LCI. I'm just curious if it's all load related - extra smokey, extra grimy lens 😛

1 hour ago, mellino19 said:

Also another random question.

For those of you having buildup on your optic using your legion, what powder are you guys using? I talked to a major Sig shooter this weekend and he's been running N320 and said he has zero problems with the glass getting smoked from the LCI. I'm just curious if it's all load related - extra smokey, extra grimy lens 😛

Titegroup obviously puts a deposit on there. I tried Sport Pistol this weekend as it has a reputation for being clean. I got the same deposit on the DPP, although the brass is much cleaner. :)