Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Legion announced! Q5 Match SF competitor?

mellino19

Has everyone seen this thing yet?!

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/05/21/p320-xfive-legion/

Looks like Sig's answer to the Q5 Match Steel Frame. I'd love to swap out my X5 for this over shelling cash for the tungsten frame from SSI. I'm just wary that because it's legion, the tungsten module won't be available separately. It also is set up for a Delta Point Pro/Romeo 1.

One odd thing is it comes with 17rd mags and not 21s like the current X5.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following this! I have wanted an x5 for co this just might make me go for it. I wish someone would come out with a good trigger for these. All the ones I have felt were ok. The Walther has a better trigger by far. 

2 hours ago, Shooter212 said:

Following this! I have wanted an x5 for co this just might make me go for it. I wish someone would come out with a good trigger for these. All the ones I have felt were ok. The Walther has a better trigger by far. 

It says "lightened and skeletonized" I'm hoping the "lightened" part means trigger pull but they probably mean the physical trigger shoe weight

Wonder why the move to 3 17 rounders with basepads when this will clearly be a co gun. Was nice getting 4 21 round mags that could get you in the game and you could add spring follower and basepad if you wanted all the capacities.

When someone says  "its more accurate than me" their credibility goes in the toilet. 

Why not mention the trigger pull weight? 

Im looking forward to its release,  a few parts there that would make it better for ipsc production where can you can't do guiderods or add weight. 

Trigger pull weight is stated at 4 lbs from the factory

that came via the info that was sent to dealers, don't know if it was all of them or the "premier" dealers.

I forgot what they call the shops that sell a lot of SIG's

Edited by jcc7x7

31 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Trigger pull weight is stated at 4 lbs from the factory

4# is very impressive. I wonder how they have achieved that? Could the trigger itself do that (seems unlikely)? Or have they made changes to the FCU that will make it specific to the Legion (which seems more likely)?

My guess is there are changes to the FCU along the lines of the Grayguns Competition Trigger Kit. To lesion the impact of pure interchangeability between the models, SIG will either not sell that FCU separately, or only to Legion members.

2 hours ago, dansedgli said:

When someone says  "its more accurate than me" their credibility goes in the toilet. 

Yeah I get that, it’s just the only thing I’ve seen on it so far. Better reviews will come soon I’m sure 

34 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

While this is neat, I don’t see it as a true competitor to the Q5 SF without a steel grip module. Rumor has it the P320MAX variant will debut with an all-steel grip module...That’s the one I’m waiting for

‘What do you see about the Q5 SF Pro (42.3 oz.) that makes it more desirable than the X-FIVE Legion (43.5 oz.)?

1 hour ago, Rudukai13 said:

While this is neat, I don’t see it as a true competitor to the Q5 SF without a steel grip module. Rumor has it the P320MAX variant will debut with an all-steel grip module...That’s the one I’m waiting for

1 hour ago, BobRockefeller said:

‘What do you see about the Q5 SF Pro (42.3 oz.) that makes it more desirable than the X-FIVE Legion (43.5 oz.)?

Pretty sure he wants to be able to drill and tap the frame for a frame mounted optic. 

At least that's what he said in another post.

Me I going with the SIG for two reasons 

1. I already own a couple of x-5,320's

2. Walther grip is WAY to small for my hands both in circumference and length

Pretty sure he wants to be able to drill and tap the frame for a frame mounted optic. 
At least that's what he said in another post.
Me I going with the SIG for two reasons 
1. I already own a couple of x-5,320's
2. Walther grip is WAY to small for my hands both in circumference and length

You talking about a frame mounted optic as in building a steel framed 320 open major gun? As in open uspsa? Or a frame mounted minor gun? That is an interesting concept for sig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 43.5 oz, I'm guessing that (if to be used for Carry Optics) once you remove the mag-well and the plate with the rear sight, then add an optic, you'll still be under the 45 oz max weight for CO gun. I've got a gen 1 X5 set up for CO now (SPP adaptor plate with DPP), but my son is wanting to take over that pistol. I may have to pick up one of the new Legions to replace it. 

I am not sure if this makes a real difference or not, but I was doing some slo-mo filming of the recoil response of my X5 to fine-tune my recoil spring weight, and on a whim I also filmed the recoil response of my all-steel SIG P226.

There was a significant difference.

The polymer X5 (with tungsten grip, tungsten recoil rod and tungsten grip weight, total weight = 43.3 oz), flexed and twisted quite a bit as it went up and down in recoil, whereas the P226 (using the same loads) was solid as a rock, straight up, then straight back down.

Even with a high-weight tungsten frame, the steel frame is going to have a more solid response.

So which is better? That I cannot answer, I am just pointing out that a steel-framed X5 will respond differently in recoil than a polymer-framed X5 of the same weight.