Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Legion announced! Q5 Match SF competitor?

mellino19

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought another X-5 non legion used , IT honestly is like BNIB for 569.00 out the door.

Legion non magwell grip 200.

Total 769.00 shot it today, great groups, no LCI to fog optic.

Kinda glad I didn't go for the Legion 

Changed FCU's to the one with the GG trigger kit in it

SO got the go to gun, got this x-5 for the back up

RX slide and factory FCU from the used gun goes into EDC and steel gun

I actually shoot the lighter gun faster at SC than the Legions.  Not really suprising

Really like the whole modular swap the FCU and slides around deal especially with three of them.

13 hours ago, AZ123456 said:

LCI no longer an issue on my Legion. I had a buddy tig weld it today. After some minor fitting it seems good to go. 

20190906_150059(1).jpg

TO bad SIG SAUER IS NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THAT ISSUE- AND CHANGING OUT THE BARRELS

TO bad SIG SAUER IS NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THAT ISSUE- AND CHANGING OUT THE BARRELS

It is a weird feature. Luckily my SRO doesn’t get fouled by it and hopefully the Romeo1Pro will be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree that Sig should have discovered and remedied this issue before releasing the pistols. That being said, I've already got 2 DPP and will continue to run them until the Romeo 1 pro becomes available. It looks like the lead time on them has increased according to optics planet...

Call Sig CS to get an RMA to return your pistol for barrel replacement. Let them know the problem so they’ll replace it with a new barrel without the LCI cut.

They're doing that now to correct the problem but only if you call and let them know that you want a replacement barrel without the LCI cut.

Edited by George16
Spelling

1 hour ago, George16 said:

Call Sig CS to get an RMA to return your pistol for barrel replacement. Let them know the problem so they’ll replace it with a new barrel without the LCI cut.

They're doing that now to correct the problem but only if you call and let them know that you want a replacement barrel without the LCI cut.

This is excellent info. I've already modified my current Legion but I'll be getting another soon as a back-up.

18 hours ago, George16 said:

When did you hear this? I called a few weeks ago, and the CS guy said that Sig is no longer even making barrels with no LCI cut for the X5.  So you have to send in the gun?

4 hours ago, BillR1 said:

When did you hear this? I called a few weeks ago, and the CS guy said that Sig is no longer even making barrels with no LCI cut for the X5.  So you have to send in the gun?

Last week. Make sure you let the CS guy know that you are having problems with the gas clouding the lens of your red dot.

7 hours ago, George16 said:

Last week. Make sure you let the CS guy know that you are having problems with the gas clouding the lens of your red dot.

I'll call them again tomorrow and see about swapping barrels.

3 hours ago, OPENB said:

Definitely update us please. 

Just spoke with Sig CS. They're sending me a return label to get a new barrel installed. They said that there would be a quick turnaround for my gun.

They had a few questions about round count, when the issue started happening, ammo type, etc.

2 minutes ago, BillR1 said:

Just spoke with Sig CS. They're sending me a return label to get a new barrel installed. They said that there would be a quick turnaround for my gun.

They had a few questions about round count, when the issue started happening, ammo type, etc.

So the gun has to be sent in? Bummer

16 minutes ago, Zoomie517 said:

I ran cat crap. It’s useless! Maybe 10% less residue. 

Don't waste your money. 

Cat Crap is good stuff for water and fogging. It does make the residue from the LCI easier to wipe off, but it doesn't reduce it at all.

Just sent off my legion to sig, told them my problems with having the glass of my dot getting coated after a hundred rounds or so and they gave me a RMA for them to fix it. Sounds like they have been coached to not say it’s the barrels fault but he did let it slip that I would possibly be getting a replacement barrel. 

8 hours ago, BillR1 said:

Good to hear. Update us when you get back your gun. Don’t stop pestering them until they replace the barrel with a new one without the LCI cut.

On 9/9/2019 at 4:35 PM, George16 said:

Good to hear. Update us when you get back your gun. Don’t stop pestering them until they replace the barrel with a new one without the LCI cut.

I just got the FedEx notification that the gun is already on it's way back. It will be here on Monday. That will be exactly one week out of my hands...outstanding turnaround!

I'll take some pics on Monday...