Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Legion announced! Q5 Match SF competitor?

mellino19

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I needed a backup gun for my original X5, and of course wanted the new tungsten grip, so I bought a new Legion.

I have the GG comp trigger on the original X5, and I like it, but there is still a lot of overtravel, so I decided to send my brand new Legion over to Robert Burke for him to do the trigger job and then compare the Burke-ized Legion trigger to the original X5 GG comp trigger. He was supposed to receive it today, with about a 2 week turnaround time.

My plan is to use the Legion lower with the original X5 upper. I have a Bar-Sto barrel and a tungsten guide rod in there already along with the Romeo 1 6 MOA. I will verify the weight with the tungsten guide rod, but I should be OK.

If we ever get the Romeo 3 Max, I will take a look at that, otherwise, I will probably go with the DPP.

One comment: I read somewhere that somebody said that Robert Burke had said he could "remove" or "block" or "fill-in" the LCI, or something like that. I asked him about it, and he said he cannot. We are sort of stuck with it for now...

Robert’s got my x5 Legion right now. I was the one that originally made the comment based on my conversation with him. 

In the end, we wasn’t comfortable that his Tig skills were at a capable level to handle it. 

I did post a correction/ retraction. 

Some of the older X5 guns with black barrels didn’t have the LCI. I just picked up an older X5 for my daughter to shoot and as a back up to my Legion. It does not have the LCI which is nice!

13 hours ago, Posvar said:

Some of the older X5 guns with black barrels didn’t have the LCI. I just picked up an older X5 for my daughter to shoot and as a back up to my Legion. It does not have the LCI which is nice!

I shot one last year in 6 matches- black barrel and no LCI

18 hours ago, Zoomie517 said:

Robert’s got my x5 Legion right now. I was the one that originally made the comment based on my conversation with him. 

In the end, we wasn’t comfortable that his Tig skills were at a capable level to handle it. 

I did post a correction/ retraction. 

Ahh, thanks for that clarification. I did not see your correction as I could not remember where I read it! I was really hoping Robert was going to be able to remove the LCI, but my current plan is to use my old X5 upper with the Legion lower, so it shouldn't be an issue for now.

Robert did tell me however that the work he does on the FCU gets paired and matched to the striker, so if he works on the FCU in the Legion, I will need to swap strikers if I swap uppers to keep the FCU/striker combination matched. I am assuming this means he does some work to the striker assembly as well, although I am not 100% sure of that.

We will see the results when I get her back.

7 minutes ago, Doublehelix said:

Ahh, thanks for that clarification. I did not see your correction as I could not remember where I read it! I was really hoping Robert was going to be able to remove the LCI, but my current plan is to use my old X5 upper with the Legion lower, so it shouldn't be an issue for now.

Robert did tell me however that the work he does on the FCU gets paired and matched to the striker, so if he works on the FCU in the Legion, I will need to swap strikers if I swap uppers to keep the FCU/striker combination matched. I am assuming this means he does some work to the striker assembly as well, although I am not 100% sure of that.

We will see the results when I get her back.

Interesting. So no swapping FCUs without swapping the striker along with it?

7 hours ago, ddc said:

Interesting. So no swapping FCUs without swapping the striker along with it?

When Robert Burke does the trigger job, that is correct. It is an easy swap, but I need to find a way to match them. Maybe a dot of colored paint or something.

2 minutes ago, PewPewJohnson87 said:

Here's a Pic of my Legion grip module that I sent out on Tuesday to get Silicone Carbide added to it, I cant wait to get it back! Now im just waiting for my slide to come back from being recut for the SRO.

image1[859].jpeg

Who did you send the grip to?

Shooting Sports Innovations, they are the company that sold the original X5 Tungsten grip modules. It's what I am currently running on my original X5 and I REALLY like the silicone carbide texture, I emailed them on Friday asking if they would be willing to apply the carbide texture to my grip module, they said they'd love to as it would be the first Legion grip they will texture and to send it in! I shipped it Monday afternoon on my lunch break and they got it Tuesday, Nathan sent me the finished pic this morning. They definitely went above & beyond in the customer service department and from the pics they produced another great product.

Picked up my pistol today.

It feels really good in the hand. I like the balance. 

I'm not impressed with the trigger. Seems mushy, glock like. I know its striker fired but I was expecting a more solid feel and a crisp break given all the hype. 

I haven't shot it yet. I'm hoping to get some rounds thru it before a match next weekend.

If I can't test it out I'll stick with PCC for the match. 

1 hour ago, Akkid17 said:

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sauer-romeo1pro-1x30mm-red-dot-sight.html

looks like the Romeo 1 Pro is available from optics planet and it’s the same price as a deltapoint with a slightly lower msrp so it may even come down some more. Looks good. 

As the others said, optics planet rarely has things in stock and it’s difficult to discern. Check very thoroughly before ordering.

You're better off calling Optics Planet and asking if they actually have anything in stock.

I ordered a Vortex Razor 1x6 and received an email stating they had received my order but delivery was expected in 8 weeks.

They popped my credit card immediately.

So I called and found out they did not have any in stock but were expecting a delivery in 8 weeks.

I asked for a refund. Took over a week to see it refunded on my card.

Called Camera Land in NY and got a better price and it was in my hands in 3 days.

There's no excuse to not have live inventory on a website in 2019.

well that sucks a big one. So what the hell are they expecting people to use with their new gun that they changed the mounting pattern on just to accommodate their new optic that was supposed to be out this year. Sig needs to quit promising things when they consistently don't deliver. I got pretty excited at a DPP alternative with a potentially better price point. 

I don't think this is correct. I have an email from the SIG Optics team from two weeks ago where they were expecting the R1Pro to begin shipping mid to late August. If someone has another source that contradicts then I'll reach out again for confirmation. 

7 hours ago, alma said:

I don't think this is correct. I have an email from the SIG Optics team from two weeks ago where they were expecting the R1Pro to begin shipping mid to late August. If someone has another source that contradicts then I'll reach out again for confirmation. 

Will the R1 Pro fit the new Legion slide? OR is it best to get the Romeo1Pro