Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheely E2 Aggressive Grip

taxil343

1 minute ago, Bwillis said:

Sorry to hear about the elbow issues. I agree it’s a great magwell, I fit mine to a pt evo grip in October and haven’t gouged it yet also my feed lips are still in spec. I was curious if maybe someone with more use of it had gouged it. 

Even with Thomas retiring the gun and magwell he is years ahead of anyone catching up to his magwell abuse. I’m not joking in any way. I have them on all my guns and still haven’t seen anything like it in terms of performance and longevity despite all the copies out there. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Even with Thomas retiring the gun and magwell he is years ahead of anyone catching up to his magwell abuse. I’m not joking in any way. I have them on all my guns and still haven’t seen anything like it in terms of performance and longevity despite all the copies out there. 

I chuckled when I read @tha1000 exploded dawson inserts, while I never exploded one I gouged them extremely fast. So it gives me confidence that I switched to the Limcat and his held up so well. Here’s mine I installed in October and my gun was gone all of November and December. I do shoot a lot and dryfire 5/7 nights a week 

BA8B9BB9-9B69-4034-84E5-4F771D9C2FA7.jpeg

Edited by Bwillis

26 minutes ago, Bwillis said:

I chuckled when I read @tha1000 exploded dawson inserts, while I never exploded one I gouged them extremely fast. So it gives me confidence that I switched to the Limcat and his held up so well. Here’s mine I installed in October and my gun was gone all of November and December. I do shoot a lot and dryfire 5/7 nights a week 

BA8B9BB9-9B69-4034-84E5-4F771D9C2FA7.jpeg

You're supposed to aim for the hole in the middle........LOL

I really don’t think you’re going to gouge the limcat insert.  Broken feed lips would be more of a concern, as panda mentioned above.  I had dry fire only mags with cracked feedlips, I didn’t notice them getting any worse... but they were garbage mags to begin with. 

• 1 month later...

I have a PT EVO and a Cheely E2 Aggressive.  They both are good, but prefer the Cheely...better fit for my hands.

How does the Cheely E2 Aggressive Grip compares to the LSI Outlaw grip?

- Grip Size

- Grip Aggressiveness

- What Magwells fit LSI

• 1 month later...

Magwells arrived.  Got one on without issue or fitting and sending the other to Don for my next build.  The polished stainless feels a little odd, but I definitely notice a difference in the balance of the gun.  It definitely adds weight, but improves the balance significantly.  I'm not hugely impressed with the machining.  There's a lot of tool marks in the magwell itself.  Maybe that's normal, I don't know, but I will likely polish them out at some point.

IMG_3617.thumb.JPG.16a6d11ff05d2f95e716394897e10416.JPGIMG_3615.thumb.JPG.76a3085653e2c639b37cc04c9cf7ec21.JPGIMG_3616.thumb.JPG.bee2c62510efe18d308d6ea0886a0c48.JPGIMG_3614.thumb.JPG.dea18e9ac0b07a8332ff634694a7440d.JPG

That looks odd for the price.

I paid $86 for the last standalone SVI steel magwell of a similar dimensions.

Not a stainless though and no curve in the funnel.

SVI stainless are +$150.

2 hours ago, arkadi said:

That looks odd for the price.

I paid $86 for the last standalone SVI steel magwell of a similar dimensions.

Not a stainless though and no curve in the funnel.

SVI stainless are +$150.

Akai is $128 for stainless and $55 for aluminum.  Also, he has a captive audience with the Cheely magwell.  He's the only one currently making a stainless version that fits.  The Limcat steel insert magwell (aluminum top) is $130 and their brass topped is $160.  The Atlas steel magwell is $149.

I think Akai is in the right ballpark.  I didn't feel hosed or anything.  I wouldn't mind paying less, but they're not charging more than market pricing.  Plus the whole thing is one piece of stainless steel.  It's a beast...I like it.

If you're referring to the machining though, I agree.  I think they could have done a little better with the machining marks.  However, it fit without issue which is a huge plus and the function is fine, so there's that.  I would say the design is an A+ and the execution is a B/B-.  Part of me says it should be pristine, the other part of me is going to use and abuse the hell out of it anyway so what difference does it make. 

I'll be interested to see how Silverscooby's looks when he receives his. 

2 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Thanks for the photos. 👍🏼

No problem.  When are you due to receive yours?

In dry fire I've definitely noticed a difference between the Akai and the Cheely.  When I missed with the Cheely, I could feel the mag get hung up on the delrin.  With the steel, it just seems to glide off and go in.  The weather here has been terrible so I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet.  Tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be a little better so I'm hoping to get out one of those days.

I had 2 shipped to my builder to go on my new guns to try. I will still probably use the Cheely Brass because I’m afraid to damage my mags banging them off the metal, but wanted to get a couple to try out. They’re going to go out for PVD/DLC so they will be black/graphite in color.

Anyone here not a fan of the E2 grip - I've put 600-700 rounds on my  new Atlas in the last couple of days and my hands are raw..Think I must prefer grips with skaters tape..I love the size and fill of the E2 though..If I knew I could be skater type to fit it, I'd grind this thing done to smooth..

12 minutes ago, falconpilot said:

Anyone here not a fan of the E2 grip - I've put 600-700 rounds on my  new Atlas in the last couple of days and my hands are raw..Think I must prefer grips with skaters tape..I love the size and fill of the E2 though..If I knew I could be skater type to fit it, I'd grind this thing done to smooth..

You'd be better off taking it off the gun and replacing it with a STI plastic grip that you can do skater tape with.  Unmolested the Cheely grip will bring $450+.

5 hours ago, falconpilot said:

Maybe try the original grip instead of the aggressive or extra aggressive. The original grip is not bad on the hands at all. Atlas can grind the points down if you want.

12 hours ago, falconpilot said:

im not a fan of the e2 because its simple not aggressive enough.....but its what i have on my open gun cuz thats what it came with when i bought it

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 5:28 AM, AverageJoeShooting said:

im not a fan of the e2 because its simple not aggressive enough.....but its what i have on my open gun cuz thats what it came with when i bought it

You know there's an "extra aggressive" option out now? I have one on each of my twins. Had to file off a little bit of the texture below the right side safety so I could stop bleeding from sliding my hand down it on the draw. Otherwise, I'm in love. Don't even use pro grip anymore.

7 hours ago, SSGJohnV said:

You know there's an "extra aggressive" option out now? I have one on each of my twins. Had to file off a little bit of the texture below the right side safety so I could stop bleeding from sliding my hand down it on the draw. Otherwise, I'm in love. Don't even use pro grip anymore.

yea! ive been wanting to get my hands on one!  I have an sv aggressive grip on my limited gun and i might just change that to my open and the e2 to my limited

• 2 weeks later...

Installed a E2 stainless aggressive grip on a STI frame gun. Also have an Atlas Athena with the regular E2 grip. To me the E2 aggressive grip is nicer & not too aggressive. Think I'll leave the new grip raw and see what happens.

IMG_0218.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This rusty old .40 blaster was already upgraded with new parts, slide cuts and IonBond coating, but this week a Cheely E2 Aggressive grip was added as well. 

It's really a beautiful piece of steel... and together with a stainless magwell gives a lot more weight to this gun. 

But man.... it's aggessive alright..... I can't believe there's even a more aggressive version, isn't there? But it's doable and purchase on this gun is now unbelievable. 

If you take into consideration that you get a stainless magwell, main spring housing, beavertail and magazine catch with the grip... then the price doesn't hurt as much... 

Mine fits well in my STI inserts from DAA without any noticeable wobble, so I guess I'm lucky....

With regards to fitting the grip... my hammer strut contacted the beavertail and therefore the hammer wouldn't cock or fall without some resistance. 

the fit to the SVI frame was easy to do... a tiny bit of filing the grip on the inside on the contact points was sufficient. 

First a pick of the old lady when I got her, complete with rusty slide. The other ones are the end result. 

SVI old.JPG

SVI new.jpg

SVI new 2.jpg

SVI new 3.jpg

Edited by WFargo