taxil343

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/3/2019 at 2:03 PM, clw42 said:

The Limcat is steel and the Cheely is delrin.  Do you see the Delrin being a "problem" for lack of a better word?  Looked good on the FB video he posted.  Can you post any pics of the bottom?

I destroy Dawson inserts. I’d suspect the derlin insert on a convex design is a particularly bad idea.  Im curious to see how they hold up.  I have a limcat and love it. Have tried the akai steel one as well. It is heavier than limcat but doesn’t work as well. 

13 hours ago, tha1000 said:

I destroy Dawson inserts. I’d suspect the derlin insert on a convex design is a particularly bad idea.  Im curious to see how they hold up.  I have a limcat and love it. Have tried the akai steel one as well. It is heavier than limcat but doesn’t work as well. 

i think that is how it is designed to cause minimal damage the magazine and replaceable inserts instead

8 minutes ago, Fo0 said:

i think that is how it is designed to cause minimal damage the magazine and replaceable inserts instead

I destroy them at a pace that is cheaper to replace mags than inserts.  I also use garbage mags for dry fire. 

2 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

I destroy them at a pace that is cheaper to replace mags than inserts.  I also use garbage mags for dry fire. 

He does. I’ve seen it. Horrific sight 

6 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

You know they fit the hole if you can hit it, right?

If I consistently hit the hole in practice every time, I’m not pushing to get faster.  Or I am not very coordinated and have gorilla strength. One of the two.  Or both..

Edited by tha1000

18 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

what is the wear like on your steel insert

4 minutes ago, Fo0 said:

what is the wear like on your steel insert

Surface wear on the limcat. It’s pretty much in the white at this point, but no gouges. I’ll post a pic later if I think about it. 

I’ve managed to gouge the akai steel version. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, lroy said:

It mentions on the site, the Aluminum   requires an additional final coat for protec ion. Would that also hold true for the stainless?

I ran mine in the white for several months. Just surface rust formed due to extensive use and lack of anything resembling care/cleaning/protection. You'll be fine, just keep it lightly oiled when put away.

• 3 months later...

Picked one up last week primarily because I heard it was drop in on the STI frame. Hot dang and it was. Fitting my last two EVO grips left me with gray hairs. I have issues with filing and patience which tends to lead to expensive mistakes. 

So far Im 100% happy with the Cheely. Only setback is the proprietary parts for it but they work Im good with that. Grip, Mag release, and magwell for the same price I paid for my Evos.

Pic for pron.....

82223873_10219797940875581_5963547444657520640_o.jpg

1 hour ago, Bwillis said:

just curious how is the Limcat holding up?

Elbow issues have forced me to shooting minor, so i no longer have the gun.  I suspect that the magwell would be holding up just fine but with less finish on it.  It is the best magwell out there, imo, and I would still be using it if I still owned 2011's.

1 hour ago, tha1000 said:

Elbow issues have forced me to shooting minor, so i no longer have the gun.  I suspect that the magwell would be holding up just fine but with less finish on it.  It is the best magwell out there, imo, and I would still be using it if I still owned 2011's.

Sorry to hear about the elbow issues. I agree it’s a great magwell, I fit mine to a pt evo grip in October and haven’t gouged it yet also my feed lips are still in spec. I was curious if maybe someone with more use of it had gouged it.