Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics is really popular

lstange

2 minutes ago, Mcfoto said:

Wow, I'm doing this wrong: I'm both old and lazy but my latest lust is for revolver. Guess I better re-think that...

there's a particular kind of old lazy person that is also an attention-whore.... Revo is for them....;)  

Just make sure you mention often how 'challenging' each stage is for Revo shooters. 🤣

Edited by motosapiens

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, motosapiens said:

there's a particular kind of old lazy person that is also an attention-whore.... Revo is for them....;)

Oh good. I'm in the right division... 🤗

23 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Really took off with the increase in mag capacity.

I was shooting CO back when it was 10 rounds, but switched back after the increase. I live in a state with 10 round limit, so cannot be competitive at a match in a neighboring state that does not have the limit. So I can choose between Production, Limited 10, or Single Stack.

Now that there is talk about Production going to 15 like in IPSC and Limited 10 being closed for inactivity, I feel like I'll eventually end up in Single Stack, provided it still exists.

Edited by lstange
typo

3 hours ago, lstange said:

I was shooting CO back when it was 10 rounds, but switched back after the increase. I live in a state with 10 round limit, so cannot be competitive at a match in a neighboring state that does not have the limit. So I can choose between Production, Limited 10, or Single Stack.

Now that there is talk about Production going to 15 like in IPSC and Limited 10 being closed for inactivity, I feel like I'll eventually end up in Single Stack, provided it still exists.

I guess we people who live behind enemy lines(10rd only) dont count 😞

I guess we people who live behind enemy lines(10rd only) dont count [emoji20]
Forgive me if I'm wrong but dont the rules limit all divisions to 10 rounds in states where that's the law? So doesnt limited become L10 in states with 10 rounds limits by default? What's the need for a whole other division if everyone at a given match is under the same limit anyways?

8 hours ago, jmtyndall said:
9 hours ago, Silver_Surfer said:
I guess we people who live behind enemy lines(10rd only) dont count emoji20.png

Forgive me if I'm wrong but dont the rules limit all divisions to 10 rounds in states where that's the law? So doesnt limited become L10 in states with 10 rounds limits by default? What's the need for a whole other division if everyone at a given match is under the same limit anyways?

I think the idea is to give them a division they can compete in if they travel, versus being at a disadvantage due to capacity. 

I dont really understand why this is necessary either.  Last year we had a bunch of Open shooters from Canada come to our state match here in Ohio and they all had acquired or borrowed mags appropriate for the division.

8 hours ago, jmtyndall said:
10 hours ago, Silver_Surfer said:
I guess we people who live behind enemy lines(10rd only) dont count emoji20.png

It means that people living in 10 round states are only competitive in local matches. If you go to a match in a neighboring state that does not have mag limit with your 10 round mags, you are at a considerable disadvantage.

You need to buy another set of mags, store it in a free state, plan travel to be able to pick up and drop off,  etc. And training is still a problem.

Edited by lstange
clarity

19 minutes ago, lstange said:

Single Stack lost even more people than Production :(

That’s because a lot of old guys switched to Welfare Open Minor to get to shoot something that works with aging eyes.

More pairs of aging eyes in SS than Production.

8 hours ago, UpYoursPal said:

I must be weird - I shoot both Open and Revolver.  The fastest and the slowest divisions, respectively

not weird, its the perfect combination. either full hard or full easy, all other divisions are some sort of half measure.

People just want to hose which is why I think the popularity of high cap divisions is seen increase. Most of the local and major matches are just big 32 round field courses with 8 shot arrays. 

1 hour ago, UpYoursPal said:

Hey now, if I wanted full easy I'd go to PCC!

Oddly Open seems to beat PCC in just about every major match so i would say the evidence points to Open being easier to shoot higher hit factors with.

Im not someone who just wants to hose. Most of our heat is in high cap divisions. And its pretty hard to compare plans and learn from them when you have a totally different stage plan. I didnt wanto use my dillon money to buy a limited gun. Carry optics is the logical resting place for someone shooting 9mm in my position.  

To me CO is attractive because I'm one of the old guys who can't see the front sight as well as I used to.  So it was easy enough to get a spare slide and mill it for an optic.

I kind of wish it would have stayed at 10 rds though.

18 minutes ago, LuvDog said:

To me CO is attractive because I'm one of the old guys who can't see the front sight as well as I used to.  So it was easy enough to get a spare slide and mill it for an optic.

I kind of wish it would have stayed at 10 rds though.

Why do you want the 10rd limit?

1 minute ago, Laxman2809 said:

Why do you want the 10rd limit?

Because I split my time in a crappy restricted state.  Even though in the competitive circle people don't count rounds in a mag... I use the same mags for my Shadow 2 as my other CZ75 variants, and don't have special ones just for competition.  So I only have 10 rd mags.

I should just get some standard caps mags for my CO setup and worry less about reloads.