Carry Optics is really popular

lstange

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea, me too.  My comment was just being sarcastic and selfish, to try and be more competitive with everyone else. Especially with the people at those same matches with mysteriously large mags. LOL.

16 hours ago, jmtyndall said:
17 hours ago, Silver_Surfer said:
I guess we people who live behind enemy lines(10rd only) dont count emoji20.png

Forgive me if I'm wrong but dont the rules limit all divisions to 10 rounds in states where that's the law? So doesnt limited become L10 in states with 10 rounds limits by default? What's the need for a whole other division if everyone at a given match is under the same limit anyways?

Because some of those states like California have grandfather clause and a recent week to get grandfathered again. 

20 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

Because some of those states like California have grandfather clause and a recent week to get grandfathered again. 

I guess to me it depends on interpretation of 3.3.1

If new magazines and new people to the sport are limited to 10 rounds, I'd say everyone should be. Why should new shooters or shooters competing in a match from out-of-state be at a disadvantage just because some guy is "grandfathered in"? The law restricts competitors entering the state or buying new mags from greater than 10 rounds, then all divisions would be limited to 10.

Not sure how the MD's in those affected states interpret the ruling.

24 minutes ago, jmtyndall said:

I guess to me it depends on interpretation of 3.3.1

If new magazines and new people to the sport are limited to 10 rounds, I'd say everyone should be. Why should new shooters or shooters competing in a match from out-of-state be at a disadvantage just because some guy is "grandfathered in"? The law restricts competitors entering the state or buying new mags from greater than 10 rounds, then all divisions would be limited to 10.

Not sure how the MD's in those affected states interpret the ruling.

I’ve shot in CA and never been to a match that was restricted to capacity by MD. Most shooters that weren’t grandfather’d either shoot in 10 round friendly divisions, but never seen or heard of other divisions being forced to 10 rounds.

The law does not restrict out of state competitors entering the state or possession, it only prohibits, export, import, or sale. 

CA PC 30665, mags laws don’t apply to nonresidents. 

Edited by HoMiE
Added penal code

Have any of you noticed an increase in NEW shooters competing in CO? I can think of one or two, but it seems like the vast majority have been in the sport for awhile and have just made the switch. 

2 hours ago, HCH said:

Have any of you noticed an increase in NEW shooters competing in CO? I can think of one or two, but it seems like the vast majority have been in the sport for awhile and have just made the switch. 

Agree 100% 

2 hours ago, HCH said:

We have a few, but yes most wind up in Ltd minor or production.

Or PCC, but most of those showed up wanting to shoot a PCC before they ever saw a USPSA stage in person.

3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

We have a few, but yes most wind up in Ltd minor or production.

Or PCC, but most of those showed up wanting to shoot a PCC before they ever saw a USPSA stage in person.

Interesting why do you think that most people are shoot prod and limited minor?

PCC I can understand 

8 minutes ago, Laxman2809 said:

Interesting why do you think that most people are shoot prod and limited minor?

PCC I can understand 

I thinks lot of us got into the sport desiring to be proficient with the guns we carry. And they’re carrying an iron sighted gun.

In addition to not identifying with CO (much less Open) because they aren’t carrying 24 rounds and a fat Deltapoint Pro every day?

...just outfitting the gun you start with is a $500-1,000 proposition. Full $300 worth of belt rig. Then come sights, extra mags, trigger work, all the new range bag and squib rod type gear, and then very quickly following, a reloading press and a chrono? It adds up.

$500 worth of optic and basepads can be skipped if you rock your Glock in Production or fill its mags and run Limited Minor for a while.

The only guys who come directly into CO around here are the tactical types who were carrying a Glock or M&P with an RMR, and the slide milled with a set of shark gills or a big window in the side.

Their gun already belongs best in CO.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 4/3/2019 at 2:57 PM, RJH said:

I predicted this a while back. Not Nostradumbass or anything,  it is just a division that is appealing to  a bunch of people.  Low start up cost , cheap ammo, high cap,  still a pistol, and competes closely to limited in the overalls, seems destined to be the #1or 2 division in a few more years. But remember it was falling flat, till they upped  the capacity,  i think that was the deal maker

What is the mag capacity for co? I thought it was same rules as production?

15 minutes ago, BamaShooter88 said:

What is the mag capacity for co? I thought it was same rules as production?

Appendix D7, no max mag capacity. Mag length same as limited. It was 10 while a provisional dividend.

30 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I was trying to give a humorous response to your personal insult. 

We are done at this point.

Asking why you think you know the future is a personal insult? 

I guess some people think they're above being questioned.

18 hours ago, BamaShooter88 said:

Wow awesome! So same mags as limited but no pf? 

Correct; well... you still have to make Minor. ;) 

Most of us shooting CO have gotten our mags to take 23+1 very reliably. My Walther does, as does the Glock platform.

You  have to do two reloads per stage even less often than a Limited shooter. Shooting .40 costs you 2 or 3 rounds per mag versus 9mm, generally speaking.

Edited by MemphisMechanic