Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CLEANEST BURNING POWDER FOR 9MM PCC ???

I currently use WSF in my Stag 9mm carbine loading 4.3grs using 124gr EG plated bullets... after a match my carbine is VERY dirty.... was wondering if there is another powder that would burn cleaner ?  any suggestions/advise would be appreciated.. 

thanks,

6 hours ago, cecil said:

I currently use WSF in my Stag 9mm carbine loading 4.3grs using 124gr EG plated bullets... after a match my carbine is VERY dirty.... was wondering if there is another powder that would burn cleaner ?  any suggestions/advise would be appreciated.. 

thanks,

I run nearly the same load. 4.5wsf and 124 PD JHPs. This pic was taken after a 1500rd in one day class. I didnt think it was all that bad considering. 

20800003_10213795337387951_1045351599209804736_n.jpg

Hello: I wouldn't worry how clean the powder is, I would worry how easy it is to clean and does it gum up the gun. Some powders are dirty but the gun keeps running. Other powders maybe cleaner but will stop the gun from running. You will have to test which powders work for you. Any of the powders around the Tite Group/N320 range will work fine. Slow powders may not work that well. Thanks, Eric

All the good points about N320 have been made already so I wont repeat them.

The only thing to considered is that while clean, it is also a very fast powder which makes it fairly innefective at providing enough gas pressure to a comp for any drastic effects. I use it with 147s and an 8” barrel and my brake is mainly used as a  “loudener” so the timer doesn’t miss anything.  

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2019 at 1:32 PM, Mac-pcc said:

Cleanshot.  Its a very clean burning powder. When I finish a match it almost looks like I just cleaned the gun. 

I’m very impressed with CleanShot.  This is my new Go-To powder for all things 9mm Minor.