Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The option to remove the bolt assembly from the rear is niceee.

It probably makes it easier to tune the recoil spring, amount of gas needed and the types of ammo it can use.

Sadly i can't copy this at home because of legal stuff in Finland, but i sure as hell can do the drawings and send it to a smith. :D

On 7/16/2020 at 12:10 PM, parvusimperator said:

Looks like Hayes Custom has a complete set of mods for the VR80 now:

Getting the mods done is $1500, plus charges for extras like the odin stock.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just thought this was neat.

I looked on the Hayes website, their shotgun is $1500 including the shotgun.

Unless you know what you are doing.......and from what I've seen so far.....no one has done it right. Modifying your VR80 to remove the bolt from the back will not only void the factory warranty (duh).....not dome correctly, it's down right dangerous. That aluminum tail ends up taking all the force at the end of the stroke and it was not designed to do that. The bolt was designed to stop on the rubber pad in the upper. Even with the TACCOM buffer system.....you should allow for the bolt the stop on the rubber pad (done by turning out the buffer tube a turn or two).......You can consider this a PSA

On 7/17/2020 at 1:24 PM, The Donald said:

I looked on the Hayes website, their shotgun is $1500 including the shotgun.

That is not correct - THIS PACKAGE IS FOR CUSTOMER SUPPLIED GUNS ONLY. We will offer new guns as they become available.  - straight off of the page for the VR80 on their site. The title of the VR80 page even says - 

Hayes Custom Guns VR80 Competition Shotgun - Customer Supplied Gun

$1,500.00

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 1:34 PM, Jaskajokunen said:

Here is my trigger assebly from about 5 months ago. I have taken some material off from the surfaces shown by arrows after this picture was taken.

I aso polished the surfaces that are connecting between each other during the cokcing process. Now i can barely notice the binding when cycling by hand, hammer forward while pressing the trigger.

I have no data on paper but it feels smoother and the recoil is more consistent.

Also in the picture are the JP springs, Adapter for the JP spring on the hammer, my own trigger and OR anti-walk pins.

If i had money i would find or have made for me closer to 4mm diameter pins and the hammer pin should be about 5mm longer than the trigger pin.

I wish the Turks would of made something on this shotgun to AR-spec. 😄

Laukaisukoneisto enos.jpg

Interested in this idea, what is the hammer adapter?

On 8/13/2020 at 3:08 AM, wmiller11 said:

Interested in this idea, what is the hammer adapter?

The adapter is printed from tool steel to match AR dimensions. Nowdays i use a Typhoon hammer and disconnector.

Better quality steel used with case hardening (unlike the original hammer wtf?). Hammer shape modified a bit and springs replaced.

Of course if you live in the States it would be cheaper to buy the tooth and nail drop in trigger set for example.

https://www.toothandnailarmory.com/product/VR80TriggerFlat.html

Hammernstuff.jpg

Adapter.jpg

Edited by Jaskajokunen
Grammar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Prematch video from Finnish shotgun nationals.

Pretty much shot at my own level.

Started stage 11 from the wrong side. Stage 1 had one miss, my fault not the shotgun. Had a brain freeze on stage 6.

In general i forgot to shave down the fronts of the magazines wich develope a burr when used enough. This prevents the mags falling out freely if the mag is leaning forward in the magwell.

Took my new vr80 out for the first time with expectations of several malfunctions until it’s broke in with 2-300 hot loads. Only mods right now are mil spec buffer tube, stock and grip. I also removed the bolt stop. I shot 50 rounds of Federal Premium Target 8 shot 1245 FPS through stock 19 round and 5 round msgs. To my surprise I had zero fail to feeds and fail to ejects. Unfortunately I had several light primer strikes, about 10. Anyone have suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 9:53 PM, sheepdog566 said:

Took my new vr80 out for the first time with expectations of several malfunctions until it’s broke in with 2-300 hot loads. Only mods right now are mil spec buffer tube, stock and grip. I also removed the bolt stop. I shot 50 rounds of Federal Premium Target 8 shot 1245 FPS through stock 19 round and 5 round msgs. To my surprise I had zero fail to feeds and fail to ejects. Unfortunately I had several light primer strikes, about 10. Anyone have suggestions?

Remove bolt stop, replace trigger with aftermarket ELF or T&N.

On 10/7/2020 at 9:10 PM, theix said:

What's the benefit of removing the bolt stop?

If you don’t, and have the charge handle on the left, you WILL lose some hide. 
I cut the top off mine and left it on. I can use the charge handle to release the bolt. Probably should remove it but I thought I’d try this first. 

On 10/7/2020 at 11:10 PM, theix said:

Newbie here. What's the benefit of removing the bolt stop?

This also increases hammer travel and energy transfer to the firing pin and for some people has reduced light strikes.