Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

This will be a re-branded Derya Mk12/Typhoon F12 with the more AR-like buffer system in the stock. Gallery of Guns has a (basically blank) info page that lists MSRP at $699;

http://legacy.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?item=VR80

So for anyone in the States who's been lusting after a Mk12/F12, you're about to have your prayers answered

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see more Ar style shotguns coming out

Other than the charging handle that can be on either side, why wouldn't one go with the Typhoon F12?

For the same price you can get an F12 with a flatter faced trigger and different grips and stocks from Atlantic Firearms for the same price (unless they come in below MSRP).  If they are significantly cheaper then its a no brainer

• 2 weeks later...

So here is something that hasnt really been shown yet ... The additional nut that comes with the VR80 that allows you to run without the barrel sleeve. Thank you Shawn for getting that to me so quickly!

This now allows for a brake to be installed on the threaded barrel.

Also got in some "mag hooks" to hang mags off my belt instead of buying caddies.

Still waiting for my 19rd mags to show up from Advanced Tactical ... I think the FedEx plane got lost1752fb51c08ec637fc1ae01967fd81dc.jpgd7eda347cef6c094f3ca0fc729464216.jpg6d69d61eb03938d2734396366edf90bb.jpg7fdf0ecc054a7795cf9bc5e30d610ca8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Do brakes exist yet for this thread pattern?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I believe Grizzly will do whatever thread you need. There are some clamp on brakes out there that I am exploring ... Plus another member here is looking to make one as well

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:20 PM, IntenseImage said:

Also got in some "mag hooks" to hang mags off my belt instead of buying caddies.

Interested to see how the mag hooks work out for you, looks like they would act like a fish hook and get caught on things. When are you going to be using it in a match? I might have to follow you around until you let me try it.😎

Interested to see how the mag hooks work out for you, looks like they would act like a fish hook and get caught on things. When are you going to be using it in a match? I might have to follow you around until you let me try it.[emoji41]

I don't foresee any issues. Watch some YouTube vids of the guys running Dissidents and you will see them often. As long as I'm cleared by the doc (broken ankle), I plan to shoot an all shotgun match mid Feb with it. Then not really again till the monthly matches at one of the local clubs start up in April.

If you are at a match with us and want to give it a run, just let me know

I'll track you down at Heidelberg or Ontelaunee to see how its working. If it works out to be reliable for you I may have to look into one.

5 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

Then not really again till the monthly matches at one of the local clubs start up in April.

I'll track you down at Heidelberg or Ontelaunee to see how its working. If it works out to be reliable for you I may have to look into one.

Heidelberg will be the monthly ones I plan to mess around in Open. Ontelaunee matches will be for the series so TacOps for those