Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, robertg5322 said:

Where's that muzzle brake come from, I see is has "RIA" on it. Is it one of theirs? 

that was.. with the front port chopped off.. im now using the RIA thread/ clamp on brake

Finally got my VR80 back from Hayes. Took 17 weeks but the holidays were thrown in there as well as delays from the winter storm. They did a hell of a job refining the action. It looks heavier than how it handles. The trigger is averaging 3lb 1.3oz 

Range day is Saturday so I’ll update with my impressions. Taking 1145, 1180, 1200, and 1250’s with me. 

DD4BC849-81B3-4981-B2E8-0BE01A00BFBD.jpeg

Edited by 021411

Finally got a chance to shoot my flat dark earth VR80, with the long handguard.

Measured the gas ports beforehand, they were .086", which from what I've read is a bit on the small side. They were all the same size though, so there's that. I was a bit worried I'd have issues cycling anything but slugs or buckshot. 

It cycled everything from Herter's low recoil target loads (1,050 fps) to slugs and buckshot with no issues at all.

Gonna need a brake, it kicks harder than my Remington 11-87 or FN SLP. Way cool gun, just wish it was the black one with the shorter handguard. 

VR80.jpg

Edited by robertg5322

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Phil

I know the part number for the VR80 O rings MF50-80  but I couldn't find them on the Advanced Tactical site under the VR80 shotgun parts....  But thank you for pointing me to their site.  Appreciated.  Looks like they are a Vitron O ring of some kind.  If I knew the size I might be able to figure out a supplier / source.  Thanks again Phil

On 4/12/2021 at 7:52 AM, ppro said:

Speaking of spare parts, I need a Gas Block o ring  number 66 on the basic parts list.  Does anyone know where to get parts ?   Benny Hill or Importer or ??  thanks.

I ordered a bunch of different size NBR O-rings from a hardware store. I can't remember the best fit.

Probably 24x2 or 26x2. Measurements in millimeters of course.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, JCP77 said:

Does anyone know if the barrel shroud for the VR80 is milspec? I am looking for a replacement. 

Are you talking about the handguard?

The barrel shroud is the thing threaded onto the barrel to hold the handguard in place.

Handguards are not mil-spec.

Different versions available here, and probably other places.

https://www.a3gmunitions.com/product/vr-80-extended-handguards/

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a VR80 last week and have another 6 days left before I can pick it up, so in the meantime I'm shopping for the best prices on parts I want. I've been looking at the compensators and found this version of the long comp, which I figure is just the MK12 version of the newer VR80 comp, but for a fraction of the price. My question is whether this will work on a VR80, being that it seems it's technically made for an MK12? I figured that it being clamp-on and not threaded would allow interchangeability.

https://cesar-shop.com/firearm-parts-en/shotgun-en/others-en/derya-compensator-large-for-12ga/

Edited by RighteousBoognish