Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newest holsters for open.

jstagn

Hello: It depends on what you like. I like the holster to be a little more stable so I run the DAA with the thigh pad. I know others that like the Safariland with the muzzle support pin and also the CR Speed. No real magic but I would go see what others are using and see if you can try them after the match. Thanks, Eric

5 hours ago, Bdh821 said:

I have used a Racemaster for the past few years. Just switched to the Everglades magnetic race holster. It is better in pretty much every way shape and form IMO

yep.  2 years ago I switched from the racemaster to the universal which is the same design as the Everglades.  Superior in ever way to the racemaster

5 hours ago, Bdh821 said:

I have used a Racemaster for the past few years. Just switched to the Everglades magnetic race holster. It is better in pretty much every way shape and form IMO

Same and I 100% agree. WAY more secure, smoother draw and more adjustment. 

Edited by accu9
Typo.

I am using the Guga Ribas, its easy to adjust and never failed me in the field.  I had one screw strip (may have been my fault) and I had a new holster in 3 days.  They contacted me from HQ and sent one from a distributor in the US.  

https://gugaribas.com.br/en/

Edited by mayassa
update

23 hours ago, Bdh821 said:

+4 or whatever it is up to now. Everglades MRH for the win. 

18 hours ago, Shadyscott999 said:

yep.  2 years ago I switched from the racemaster to the universal which is the same design as the Everglades.  Superior in ever way to the racemaster

The Universal uses a piece of round stock as the hanger, similar to a racemaster (but not the dovetail design of the alpha-x). The everglades uses basically the same body but the hanger is totally different and I personally think it might be more secure than the Universal. That is a guess just based on my experience with the RM. 

8 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

Has the controversy surrounding that holster been resolved?

Controversy? I don't think there ever was "controversy." The original is not available in this country, and this version has a (in my opinion, as I said above) far improved hanger over the round version. 

2 hours ago, Gooldylocks said:

+4 or whatever it is up to now. Everglades MRH for the win. 

The Universal uses a piece of round stock as the hanger, similar to a racemaster (but not the dovetail design of the alpha-x). The everglades uses basically the same body but the hanger is totally different and I personally think it might be more secure than the Universal. That is a guess just based on my experience with the RM. 

The old style Universal doesn't use round bar.  I have one of the new ones also and it does.  I prefer the old.  I set it up over 2 years ago and haven't done anything to it except blow it out with my air compressor once.  

old style universal.jpg