Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max won the Lucas Oil PCC match !

If anyone was paying attention Max Leograndis won the Lucas Oil PCC match this weekend. I know he posts here because I saw a bunch of older stuff from him brought up on the JP short stroke thread. He provided pics and some really good info, congrats Max !

I know a few others here were going, how did you do and any good stories ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

Honestly, I don'y know him, but the results are awesome.  Crazy that Lena is now outperforming Jerry.  Todd J. is just an awesome shooter period.  I hate that I've suddenly started caring about PCC results........maybe I should start a new Hate Thread!!

Take two or three Tequila and think about it in the morning  !

Max is one of best and pretty active on the pcc groups. He will be a household name before you know it. I have heard nothing but great things from people that know him.

Great guy, great shooter, congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I don't know... shooting all the poker chips out of holders that were no shoots, shooting clays out of stars where the plates were no shoots and so on. That kind of shooting challenge over and over again doesn't sound fun. When a match makes a huge 180 in tone I'm sure many people's expectations weren't met, going from hoser one year to super sniper the next.

2 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I don't know... shooting all the poker chips out of holders that were no shoots, shooting clays out of stars where the plates were no shoots and so on. That kind of shooting challenge over and over again doesn't sound fun. When a match makes a huge 180 in tone I'm sure many people's expectations weren't met, going from hoser one year to super sniper the next.

The clay star didn't bother and I cleaned it 1 for 1, but IMHO, and I'm not the only one, the poker chips were dumb.  Having them on one stage would've been kind of a fun novelty, but there was no need to put them on multiple stages or have them set with only 1/3 of the chip showing.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the hell out of the match overall, just giving my feedback on what I didn't like.

5 hours ago, JZELEK said:

Interesting optics set up.

MaxLucasOilPcc.jpg

Check out Max's Facebook page.  Earlier he experimented with the two Holosun sights lined up so he had a dot on one sight and a circle on a second sight.  Not sure it would help a mere mortal such as me but nice to see someone willing to experiment (and share their thoughts).

13 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Honestly, I don'y know him, but the results are awesome.  Crazy that Lena is now outperforming Jerry.  Todd J. is just an awesome shooter period.  I hate that I've suddenly started caring about PCC results........maybe I should start a new Hate Thread!!

I shot with Jerry and Kay, they were using a gun that Jerry had only shot one magazine through before the match and they had a lot of problems with the extended magazines.

5 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Lucas should call this match  "Lucas P.P.C.C. Championship"  "Precision Pistol Caliber Carbine"

I knew the match was going to be tough but it was a bit more than I expected after hearing about last year. The match was fun and challenging ( 1 part fun 2 parts challenging). The range was top notch and the staff was great. Regarding the No Shoots on the poker chips and the Star with the Clays, the Chips and the Clays were each worth 15 points, the no shoot was -10 so if you shoot it clean its like hitting 3 standard targets (15 points) if you clip the stand/holder while breaking the chip/clay you still net 5 points same as if it was not held by a no shoot. 

59 minutes ago, mike4045 said:

Great job on a tough match.

After seeing some of the gimmick crap I am glad I sat out this year. If a pistol match does circus s#!t I don't go back to it. It's one thing at a local level, but not a major.

Feel the exact same way.

7 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Max nearly zeroed that stage because he blew past an array of three targets - 6 mikes, 6 procedurals. According to his post on Instagram.

Ouch.

Yeah, along with 150 match points lost. 

Anyone have a closeup of the clay stars? To my knowledge, that was my invention, we revealed it at SMM3G in Mesa this spring, and had it at the Hornady Zombies in the Heartland Match. I'm not aware of any other major outfits buying them yet. 

I ain't mad if someone cloned the idea, I'm just interested. 

Wish I could have seen him shoot, he must have been a beast.  Was definitely a different kind of match than I'm used to; The PPCC thing from above is pretty accurate.  The added challenge of playing around in mud soup on Friday made it even more interesting lol...glad everyone who shot the next two days got better weather.