Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

Did not intend this post to be so controversial.  I shoot an DTI DVC-O in an outlaw club and love the way it shoots flat.  Unfortunately I have other striker fired pistols laying around like my P320 X-5 and goof around with mods like many if us do to see if I can replicate the way the STI shoots.   This is just another attempt to do the impossible....... 🙂

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, SiggiPop said:

Hi, I have to choose between GG Competition Trigger Kit or Apex Flat Trigger for my X5. GG is 100 bucks more. Is it worth the money? I do not carry the X5 it is just for competitonn

Get the GG Competition trigger kit.

Go with the GG trigger!!! mine has about 20k rounds on it, when first installed it was close to 3.5 lbs. I haven't had it on the gauge lately  but I can tell that its a good bit lighter than it was. zero complaints here...

Edited by C_Tanner
spelling

I've had the GG Competition trigger kit installed in my P320X5 (updated) for some time now.  Reliable as an anvil.  I never shot mine is stock form, not one bullet, the GG Competition trigger kit was installed immediately.  I have shot a friend's stock P30X5, and the difference is huge.  I didn't want to love this P320X5 as much as I do.  It made me love it.  Good luck with your decision.

Installed the GG Competition Kit yesterday and it significantly reduces trigger pull weight. Defenitely improved my shooting right from the beginning. Would not recommend it for carrying though if you own a model without external safety.

Being a retired LEO and Instructor for the department I completely agree that the GG Competition Kit does not belong in any carry P320. I have it installed in my X5 and it is a great kit for that gun with a 2.5 lbs. pull, but I would never use it in any gun that I would use as a carry weapon.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2017 at 7:14 AM, BillR1 said:

The Dawson .185 works perfect for mine.

On 7/19/2017 at 5:53 PM, ltdmstr said:

Maybe it is.  But I've installed hundreds of dovetail sights and this was not really any different than the others.  May have required a few strokes with a file and a couple of good wacks to put it in place, but it fits just fine and is snug as can be (which is how I want it).  Here's a picture of the sight on my X5, and another with the take-off sight next to it.

IMG_1802.JPG

IMG_1806.JPG

Do any of you legion red dot shooters have the original adjustable rear sight plate sitting around you would consider parting with? There is a JR. shooter in my club shooting an M17 who would like to switch her night sights out for target sights but there are no options that I know of other than the legion plate. 

6 hours ago, tylerradke said:

Do any of you legion red dot shooters have the original adjustable rear sight plate sitting around you would consider parting with? There is a JR. shooter in my club shooting an M17 who would like to switch her night sights out for target sights but there are no options that I know of other than the legion plate. 

I wonder if an original X5, non-Legion, plate would work?

If it had the same hole pattern it might fit although there would likely be a gap or two.

Just thinking that there are probably a lot more of those floating around.

47 minutes ago, ddc said:

I wonder if an original X5, non-Legion, plate would work?

If it had the same hole pattern it might fit although there would likely be a gap or two.

Just thinking that there are probably a lot more of those floating around.

I agree it would be easier to find but I don't know they fit for sure. I'm about 98% on the legion plate fitting since they are both cut for R1 pro 

• 1 month later...

I own an X5 and a regular P320 compact.The trigger and striker parts have been constantly breaking. This is the third striker assembly I am going through with the X5 (broke striker, broke striker safety spring, etc) and p320 has been to sig because of "dead trigger", I think the sear springs broke. I dry fire a lot, and shoot the weekend matches during summer, that is it. Am I the only one having bad luck with the durability of this platform???

10 hours ago, Tango said:

I own an X5 and a regular P320 compact.The trigger and striker parts have been constantly breaking. This is the third striker assembly I am going through with the X5 (broke striker, broke striker safety spring, etc) and p320 has been to sig because of "dead trigger", I think the sear springs broke. I dry fire a lot, and shoot the weekend matches during summer, that is it. Am I the only one having bad luck with the durability of this platform???

Do you use a snap cap when you dry fire?

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, I'm hoping you may be able to help. I've been having light primer strikes with my X5 (not Legion) something terrible. It's happening about 2-3 per 100 rounds. I currently have the Gray Guns competition trigger system in, but I installed an extra power striker spring and I'm still dealing with the issue. I'm reloading with a 650, Remington primers, and my primer depth is about .005" below the case head. Now, I am dryfiring almost 2 hours a day, so I'm not sure how much wear and tear that could cause with other components. Any thoughts? 

10 minutes ago, Limitless13 said:

Hey guys, I'm hoping you may be able to help. I've been having light primer strikes with my X5 (not Legion) something terrible. It's happening about 2-3 per 100 rounds. I currently have the Gray Guns competition trigger system in, but I installed an extra power striker spring and I'm still dealing with the issue. I'm reloading with a 650, Remington primers, and my primer depth is about .005" below the case head. Now, I am dryfiring almost 2 hours a day, so I'm not sure how much wear and tear that could cause with other components. Any thoughts? 

Are you seeing high primers?  That could be one cause, especially on a 650 if the upstroke is not completed correctly.  Possibly something to check for if you are not already checking for them.

The only time I have had issue is when lube got onto my striker assembly unknowingly.  I make sure I use electrical cleaner to clean the striker assembly and the channel the striker assembly is installed into.  I then take dry air to make sure all of the electrical cleaner has dried before reassembly of the striker assembly.   I have yet to need to replace any parts of my striker assembly.