Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

13 hours ago, Tango said:

wolff spring, 13lb

5k rounds

It could be a worn out recoil spring, I personally swap mine in my striker fire guns around 5-6k. But a couple of things first if you're sure you aren't causing the malfunction. 

- Did the ammo that's causing the problem run w/o issue before? - After user, ammo is probably the next most common malfunction inducer. 

- Is it a specific magazine that's only having issues - if so could be a worn mag spring or bad magazine. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, zhunter said:

I see you have an RDS on, is that thumb rest CO Legal?

I think you mean Is that take down lever CO legal?

Not as conservative as the go guns thumb rest, but seems just as legal.
I found this useful: https://nroi.org/miscellaneous/questions-answers-and-rulings/

"A takedown lever that is designed to provide a thumb rest surface is legal under the existing rules and isn’t much different from stippling on the frame in the same general area, which is also legal."

I just dont understand why anyone think this easily controllable 9mm pistol needs a thumbrest. You guys ought to spend a bit more time working on your grip technique than these atrocious looking parts. 

Either way I highly doubt this is Production legal in terms of fitting in the box. 

I understand why people use thumb rests, but at the same time, this doesn't really make any sense for a competition gun at all. I guess if you really just want to shoot open minor, then go for it. 

1 minute ago, m700 said:

I got the gas peddle and it helps me to position my hands better being the amateur I am

Unless you have tiny hands with short thumbs the GoGuns thumb rest puts your support hand in a poor position. Your thumb should extend past the takedown lever. Keeping your thumb farther back causes you to break your wrist instead of having it extended and locked out and actually causes more problems with grip. See attached photo for where my thumb rests when my wrist is properly extended and locked.

20200115_092151.jpg

And so it goes.... We are discussing the massive recoil of a 130ish PF 9mm round out of a typically full sized grip/frame and some using the heavy Legion frame?

Really?

Let’s get back to our equipment.

ON a side note, I do not think these gas pedals should be legal.

14 hours ago, jpeters11 said:

I think you mean Is that take down lever CO legal?

Not as conservative as the go guns thumb rest, but seems just as legal.
I found this useful: https://nroi.org/miscellaneous/questions-answers-and-rulings/

"A takedown lever that is designed to provide a thumb rest surface is legal under the existing rules and isn’t much different from stippling on the frame in the same general area, which is also legal."

the goguns takedown lever is a fully machine replacement part. This is a piece that is glued to the side of the gun. Where do you draw the line??