Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS 2

ogiebb

I have had one of the older version RTS2 and all I did was the rubber band fix. It lasted for about 4,000 rounds on a frame mounted open gun running 173 power factor. This past weekend it shut off on me during a match and would not come back on. I do have another RTS2 that got the updates available as of July this year. It has the upgraded circuit board and battery compartment fix. Will see how long this one will run while I send the other one back.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love my Trijicon RMR. There are no batteries to deal with. It is a fiber optic and tritium dual illumination. I hated dealing with batteries. It took a few days to get used to the smaller glass but after a bit I absolutely love it.

3 matches since the board upgrade and working. Keeping my fingers crossed like everyone else that has one working right now.

Question - anyone have a feel for battery life yet ? I've been leaving mine on for the duration of the match (3 as I said above) to see what happens. Anyone have any further info ?

JimInFL

I have the older RTS not the RTS2 and if you leave it on a week its

not very bright.

Cmore says 300 to 1500 hours battery life.

I'd say closer to the 300.

For .50 cents or less I change it about once a month if I don't leave it on.

The RTS2 is supposed to turn itself off after 8 hours.

More often than that for some shooters when they are not working right.

Well my Rts2 was acting up at the Ipsc nationals. I called Derek from Millineum Custom who sold/ mounted it for me. I now have the lastest version. Will keep all posted. BTW Derek rocks!! Drove to his shop Monday, new one on and out in about an hour or so! I'm only a couple hours south of him.

• 3 weeks later...

Sad to report that the glass has cracked on one of our RTS2 sights @1300 rounds. This is on one of the two open guns that were finished in September. According to Derek, C-More is no longer replacing with new - but upgrading/repairing those that are returned. He recommended sending both back to C-More so they are updated with the latest & greatest. I am sure hoping this isn't the start of an ongoing bad experience with C-More. With the 3rd gen, all the kinks should have been worked out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on my 5th version of the C-more RTS2... The last 3 were supposed to be with the upgraded fix. The 4th one failed at World Shoot on my 27th Stage. Dot on, then off, fought with it but ended up zeroing the stage. C-more sent me a 5th one but too late for WSXVII. So far it is working. They said they put a capacitor in to hold power on. They also said I was the first one to have this problem with the sight??? However, I was amazed how many folks commented about the RTS2 sight and said that they had the same problems with it and "Good Luck". On the other hand, there were several open guns with it at WS and it appeared to hold up... I'm sure C-more will work out the bugs with the RTS2 and maybe the capacitor is the fix...

My sight failed at the Ipsc nats after the World shoot, i was at about 1000 rds. Derik from Mellinim Custom replaced mine with a new one that has contacts top and bottom for the battery. I think Derik came up with that. I haven't had time to shoot it other than sight in. Has anyone else got this modification?

Btw Derik did it for me with one trip to his shop! He is the best for service!!

Thanks Derik!

My sight failed at the Ipsc nats after the World shoot, i was at about 1000 rds. Derik from Mellinim Custom replaced mine with a new one that has contacts top and bottom for the battery. I think Derik came up with that. I haven't had time to shoot it other than sight in. Has anyone else got this modification?

Btw Derik did it for me with one trip to his shop! He is the best for service!!

Thanks Derik!

Awesome story about Derik not the Cmore. Derik has helped lost of us shooters when we were stuck and he was around. Cheers

I'm on my 5th version of the C-more RTS2... The last 3 were supposed to be with the upgraded fix. The 4th one failed at World Shoot on my 27th Stage. Dot on, then off, fought with it but ended up zeroing the stage. C-more sent me a 5th one but too late for WSXVII. So far it is working. They said they put a capacitor in to hold power on. They also said I was the first one to have this problem with the sight??? However, I was amazed how many folks commented about the RTS2 sight and said that they had the same problems with it and "Good Luck". On the other hand, there were several open guns with it at WS and it appeared to hold up... I'm sure C-more will work out the bugs with the RTS2 and maybe the capacitor is the fix...

... and after they do that is when they should have brought this product to market. Period.

Bought an old one on this forum, it failed and I sent it back to C-more this summer. It came back in < a week (new or refurb) and works great.

Just to throw it out there. C-more did right by me on a non-original owner model.

I placed an order with a well respected Gunsmith to build a 1911 framed open Steel Challenge pistol with an RTS2 optic. After searching, finding and reading this thread, and many others, I am concerned about the choice of the optic. I understand that steel shooting doesn't jostle or shock with the same force or power factor from ammunitions as USPSA open firearms, but I still don't want to be without a dot in the middle of an event. Does anyone have an opinion on a Deltapoint or a Trijicon RMR? I was considering changing before holes are drilled and it's to late to change things. The RMR Dual Illuminated seems very interesting to me.

I placed an order with a well respected Gunsmith to build a 1911 framed open Steel Challenge pistol with an RTS2 optic. After searching, finding and reading this thread, and many others, I am concerned about the choice of the optic. I understand that steel shooting doesn't jostle or shock with the same force or power factor from ammunitions as USPSA open firearms, but I still don't want to be without a dot in the middle of an event. Does anyone have an opinion on a Deltapoint or a Trijicon RMR? I was considering changing before holes are drilled and it's to late to change things. The RMR Dual Illuminated seems very interesting to me.

The RMR is a reliable scope, especially when it's frame mounted, but the window is smaller than any other scope.

The RMR is a reliable scope, especially when it's frame mounted, but the window is smaller than any other scope.

I would prefer that. The smaller lens would let target focus easier and less distracted.

Kwontanamo... it appears that the RTS 2 is on its third revision. I have 500 rounds through THAT model. So far so good... I'm sure they'll be an RTS 3 once they get through this tuff roll out (understated). Keep in mind that the gen 3 is not very old.. couple of months maybe.