Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS 2

ogiebb

I've had to send mine back for fixes/updates unfortunately several times but have never had to wait more than 10 days, usually 5-7 days. They are very responsive to getting things fixed & back to you. I would guess your luck has not improved with this shipment.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got it from Eric Graufel and sent him an e-mail about it. He forwarded my mail to C-more and i got an answer from them. All in less than an hour :surprise: Just have to fill in the end user form and it is on the way back after that.

Derek @Millennium Custom called and our 2-RTS2s are back from C-More. The good news is that both were upgraded with the latest and greatest. The really disappointing news is that C-More refused to replace the cracked glass under warranty even though there was clearly no physical damage to the sight - the glass simply broke with normal use @1300 rounds. Derek was shocked that C-More would not cover it and is eating the cost himself as a one-time courtesy. Derek is truly a stand-up guy. C-More on the other hand gets a FAIL on this one.

Edited by blueeyedme

I bought an RTS2 a few months ago and mounted it on a CZ Shadow. Started turning off during shooting probably less than a 100 rounds after mounting - would go a few rounds and turn off again. I tried putting something under the metal tab and that didn't fix it. Off to the factory. Got it back with a note that said it had the circuit board upgraded (also there is now some bit of material under the tab - I don't remember leaving that there). Mounted the sight back up as it came and took it to the range this morning. Two rounds of 9mm 115 grain Blazer and it turned off. Turned it back on 3rd shot it turned off. Gave it a few more tries but it was a failure.

I'm going to try a bit of home-brew battery contact improvement (o ringish type thing) and then back to the factory so they know it wasn't fixed. I certainly would not trust this sight. I've had a Deltapoint, have a Docter and five Fast Fires and while anything can break the RTS2 is the dud of the bunch.

I've got 2500 9mm factory rnds. thru my G-17 RTS2. About 2/3 of those were slide mounted now it's on an SJC frame mount. I love mine but it works so that's given. I think I have a Gen 2 bought after they supposedly fixed the battery contacts. We'll see I have some Major rounds ready. If it fails I'll get a sideways C-more and send it back.

I removed the bit of material that was under the battery contact and installed half of an o-ring. Before I did that I had racked the slide hard to see if I could replicate the failure and about 10 racks in the light cut off. After the o-ring I couldn't replicate the failure. It sure seems this single spring contact and battery support is the (or an important a) weak link. If any o-ring/earplug/rubber band pioneers who have successfully made the contact secure have any suggestions they'd be appreciated. In the picture below (not sure if I can do that as a new member), the o-ring is installed slightly past the contact lip so the contact will flex down to allow the battery to enter, which it does with a now very tight fit. I like the window size and the dot so I'm hoping to get this work.

1418598365_zps47ad16f9.jpg

mine must be an exception. 11 months old, original version and all i ever did was shove an o-ring under the battery. keeps on ticking.

Shot about 80 rounds today and it stayed on like it should with the half o-ring in it versus cutting off every shot or two during the last session. Hearing yours has worked well with that mod makes me hopeful it will keep running this time. Very tight to get the battery in now, which is reassuring.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one installed on a 22/45. Mid summer I started having the shut-off issue but C-More didn't have the circuit board upgrade in yet. I put a cut piece of rubber band under the battery and it ran fine the rest of the year. Getting around to send the sight in now for the upgrade. Does their upgrade not fix the issue? I'm starting to wonder if I should bother sending it in.

been running the RTS2 since May of this yr on 3 of my open guns. been frustrating, sent them back multi times. Cmore has been nice and fast at getting them back to me but has cost me dearly at matches. Why do I keep running them, i like how small they are compared to running a horizontal....I sent mine off in late sept and so far its been good. Greg at Cmore said that they have a new board and he re-solder a few joints.

No one should have to spend that kind of money, send them back for repairs multiple times, and not have the confidence through a stage that it will work. The shooting is a mental game, the less distractions the better. 2015 Shot Show is around the corner folks. Better options are coming.

• 5 weeks later...

Since my brand new (November lot) RTS2 just started having the dot off issue, could someone describe in detail the O-ring fix? What size, and where to put it?

Mine is supposed to be the latest batch with all the fixes already in.

7/16x5/16x1/16

#6 o-ring

place it under the battery contact, I did this a year ago, and my scope hasn't died yet

but I still got my old sidemore set up in the safe just in case

Edited by rishii

So far, I've gone through 4 RTS2s. All have failed. The last one was at World Shoot on my 27th stage out of 30. The dot went out... and would not stay on... so basically zeroed the stage. I've spent over $100 on shipping bad RTS2s back to C-more and they have not even mentioned reimbursing me for that... I now have a 5th RTS2 with a capacitor which so far keeps the dot on... but I've only had the opportunity to shoot it at 3 local matches. Great idea, just not as reliable as the Serendipity yet...

I just could not shoot any L2 much less a L5 world shoot match wondering if/when my equipment in gonna fail, like the other 3 failed. I really thought Cmore was just better company for lack of a better word. All I hear is the dot keep going out. Does any of the RTS-2 work like advertised? We all love the Serendipity style. This is ridiculous. I hate that happened at the WS and you zeroed your 27th stage. So close. Man...

Mine has been going strong since last summer. It's the gen that came out after the o-ring battery fix ones. 2nd gen maybe? I don't think C-more calls them by gen's so it's relative.

I shoot 3 gun, G-17, Carver 3 port, factory 9mm, frame mounted on an SJC mount. 3,00 rounds and one battery swap and it's still working. Guess I'm lucky but I'm not shooting major with it either.

I sent my rts 2 back and traded for the aluminum cmore . I had the latest version fix . I would make c more pay for my shipping In credit in store products the new rts 2 will not hold up how come my ten year old slide ride looks like I drug it behind my car to every match and it holds zero and stays on ?