Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS 2

ogiebb

We'll I've officially quit ever using any C-More sights unless they permanently fix their RTS2 junk. I've purchased 2, both of course quit & was sent back to be replaced with their supposedly circuit board fix. Shot the Indiana Sectionals this week-end & the sight quits. After shooting 2-6 shots the dot shuts off. After having the same thing happen on 5 straight stages, completely ruins my favorite match of the year. Now what C-More? Replace the junk circuit board in the jink RTS2 sight again that is guaranteed to quit working! So I have $900.00 worth of junk not worth $0.90 - can't wait to see tomorrow what C-Mores customer service reaction is.

I loved the sight when it worked but there is nothing worse that an un-realible expensive piece of crap without anything being done to fix the problem, they just keep marketing & selling junk they are fully aware it is nothing more than an expensive POS.

Rant over, just my experience that seems to happen with most shooters.

Sorry to hear it didn't get any better, Herb...

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got mine back with the new electronic board and it's working good so far. But only about 300 rounds through it. Will keep updating from time to time.

Got 1000 rounds through it now and still working. Keeping fingers crossed. Really like that sight.

Hate to keep hearing this. I've got 2500 rounds or so with new board and still working.

Got mine back with the new electronic board and it's working good so far. But only about 300 rounds through it. Will keep updating from time to time.

Got 1000 rounds through it now and still working. Keeping fingers crossed. Really like that sight.
Hate to keep hearing this. I've got 2500 rounds or so with new board and still working.

Thats only 1-2 weeks worth of practice and matches.

We'll I've officially quit ever using any C-More sights unless they permanently fix their RTS2 junk. I've purchased 2, both of course quit & was sent back to be replaced with their supposedly circuit board fix. Shot the Indiana Sectionals this week-end & the sight quits. After shooting 2-6 shots the dot shuts off. After having the same thing happen on 5 straight stages, completely ruins my favorite match of the year. Now what C-More? Replace the junk circuit board in the jink RTS2 sight again that is guaranteed to quit working! So I have $900.00 worth of junk not worth $0.90 - can't wait to see tomorrow what C-Mores customer service reaction is.

I loved the sight when it worked but there is nothing worse that an un-realible expensive piece of crap without anything being done to fix the problem, they just keep marketing & selling junk they are fully aware it is nothing more than an expensive POS.

Damn Herb, that is sad to hear. I want one of those sights so bad but unless they become as reliable as the slide rides I will never buy one. There enough other things that can go wrong with an Open gun. I can't imagine the dot just going out after a few rounds into a stage!

Damn Herb, that is sad to hear. I want one of those sights so bad but unless they become as reliable as the slide rides I will never buy one. There enough other things that can go wrong with an Open gun. I can't imagine the dot just going out after a few rounds into a stage!

I received a call from a big shot at C-MORE today. He said they have been having better luck with the new circuit boards but are only getting an 80% satisfaction rate - are you kidding me? He said they spent a full week in Japan coming up with a "Permanent" fix & think they have the problems solved. Their sponsored shooters are reporting no problems & he offered to replace mine with the "Fixed" units to try out & they will either replace my 2 with the new ones or give me credit for their standard Slide Ride units. I'm still fried over what happened at Indiana but I'll give it a shot. I'm going to mount it on my back- up gun & try it out. In the meantime I ordered a Trijicon RMR & mount to put on my main gun & see how I like that unit. Thankfully John Booth came down with Hunter to watch him shoot who I was squadded with & had his old Bedell gun with him & lent me his for the rest of the match. I've never shot with an upright C-MORE & didn't shoot very good but was able to finish the match & still had fun at a great match that Jake put on.

Thankfully John Booth came down with Hunter to watch him shoot who I was squadded with & had his old Bedell gun with him & lent me his for the rest of the match.

How about that John Booth? What a friend to have!

Thankfully John Booth came down with Hunter to watch him shoot who I was squadded with & had his old Bedell gun with him & lent me his for the rest of the match.

How about that John Booth? What a friend to have!

They don't come any better!

I just recived mine back today with the new upgraded capacitor. I was told the capacitor is too small and not keeping the charge for maintained power while shooting.

This is a problem because the bigger the capacitor the more battery power used. i.e. less battery life.

is this thing named RTS2 because before it's usable it must be "returned to sender.....twice"?

first the battery fix (piece of rubber underneath)

then the magic new boards

now it's the (flux?) capacitor not big enough

and even with the new 'upgraded' units they get 80% satisfaction. I would hate to be one of those 2 in 10 who get the dud....

I think Cmore make the best optic of practical shooting on the market. it's not perfect but it's the best mix of compromises in my opinion. but it's not the RTS2, it's the many years old slideride.

sure it has some trade offs

quite large

fairly heavy

battery is a weird type and only form specialy stores

zero adjustment is somewhat coarse and can wander

over time units do need replacement (but they do provide a decent amount of service, they can also be rebodied fairly affordably)

but on the plus side

cheap and easy to replace dot modules from 2MOA to 16MOA

nice large screen

tubeless design

possible to mount nice and low with a 90 mount

affordable price

and last but not least:

VERY RELIABLE

as far as I can tell the only advantages of the RTS2 too are it's smaller (so can mount lower), it's lighter but it's much more expensive and much less reliable.

I'm just surprised a company with as much experience as they have would release the product in this state.

If one showed up on my door I'd be quick to RTS it...

Thats only 1-2 weeks worth of practice and matches.

I agree that's not very many rounds but it's all I can input for now. But I wish I had the time and money to shoot 5000 rounds a month too. Jealous for sure.

I just recived mine back today with the new upgraded capacitor. I was told the capacitor is too small and not keeping the charge for maintained power while shooting.

This is a problem because the bigger the capacitor the more battery power used. i.e. less battery life.

Capacitors usually don't draw power, unless used in AC circuits. I presume it is all DC inside the sight.

Why exactly should a capacitor require more storage while shooting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only make a guess, without knowing how they do it internally. Since they apparently are having a problem with the battery contacts losing the connection during the shock, I suspect they put the capacitor on the board to keep the current going, if the battery power is lost momentarily.

Is the only difference in function between the original RTS (not the STS) and the RTS2 being adjustable dot brightness?.......I don't seem to remember a lot of problems with any RTS owners (including my own with many thousands of rounds thru it).......also, was the only problem with the first batch of RTS2 that you had to put a rubber O-Ring under the battery contact and then they worked fine or did they eventually fail also?, If so they should have just left it alone and installed O-Rings to solve the problem instead of messing with new circuit boards ..........I held off installing either of the 2 RTS2s I bought last year as I wanted to exchange them with CMore once they had all their problems fixed

• 2 weeks later...

Well after reading all the bad about the RTS2 i bought one. Mounted by Derik of Millenium Custom. Looks great and so far works fine. Round count so far 200, 38 super, 172 pf. Will update as i go forward.

I have an RTS2 mounted on the slide of my G17 9mm OpenMajor . Power factor of 165. Round count is approx 400 and going fine so far.

Any Red Dot Sight mounted on a slide is really being tested.

I still have my STS that has been great for about 4 years and it was slide mounted on the same gun.

I just hope the RTS2 lasts as long. I will keep this forum posted on progress.

Best Regards.

My RTS has become dimmer and dimmer, replacing the batter has not made any difference. It used to be as bright as my slide rides. I'm sending it back to Cmore for them to take a look at.

Try an air compressor and blow it out. Another design problem you cannot clean the dot module.

Edited by Boyeraz

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to give up on the RTS2 and going back to the old but reliable slide ride. New 9 major open gun with new RTS2 at around 700 rounds. The dot flicker and go out when I try to dim it. I have to press one of the buttons again to turn the dot on and then it starts at the dimmest setting and will only get to about 1/2 brightest setting. Called Cmore and they told me to send it back. I am also going to send back my other RTS2 that was fixed in Aug because there's another new update since then. So I guess I will have 2 expensive dots sitting around. I'll probably use it on my 22 steel gun, what a waste.

Mine does weird things with the dimmer switch too. If I dim it down it turns off, when I turn it back on its one notch dimmer, repeat to get the intensity wanted. It turns up fine.

I have the 2nd Gen but not the latest one out now. I have about 1500rnds 9mm minor slide mounted on mine, seems to work OK, but the jury is still out and Minor ain't Major!

Chris's dad is a electrical engineer by trade. Mike is very smart and Chris has been down the unreliable route as well. I have seen 4 of the sights on his table, trying different things to keep him going. I hope C-More can get it together, at least they are working with shooters. I remember back many, many, years ago when Ira would not help you at all. C-More has come a long way and will continue to lead.