RTS 2

ogiebb

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will add though mine has given me no trouble I went with a standard C-more and 90* mount on my new one. Im very disappointed in C-more for bringing this to market too soon and I'm not paying them to do their beta testing

agree 100%. They need to stop trying to "fix" it with band aides and start over. Kind of a bad way of doing business for company that builds so many great products. It seems they are stumped with the RTS2.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the word from the good folks at C-More, that my sight, made in November, had the latest board, but not the latest battery contacts, it's been updated, so hopefully things will be perfect now! It is on its way back to me.

I bought and installed an RTS2 in January 2015. Have put over 2000 rounds through the gun including shooting the FL Open. So far, no issues. I really like it and hope my luck continues. As a backup, I did buy a crazy cheap slide ride on Amazon and a spare Allchin mount just in case I need to do a last minute swap. So far, I don't think I'll have to worry about it.

Maybe guns with holes are more likely to have issues with the rts2. So far between my 2 friends and I all had problems with our rts at least twice each and we all have holes. And every time we were promised the latest and the greatest of the updates.

Edited by klee

Good luck. We had a latest, latest, latest super upgraded everything crap out 4 days before FLOP. I put the slide ride back on my gun. I am done with the RTS2's. They don't work, they will never work. I will revisit micro dots if Leupold Ever releases the Deltapoint Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck. We had a latest, latest, latest super upgraded everything crap out 4 days before FLOP. I put the slide ride back on my gun. I am done with the RTS2's. They don't work, they will never work. I will revisit micro dots if Leupold Ever releases the Deltapoint Pro.

Problem is all the lead info I have seen on the DP indicates the 3.5 MOA is being replaced with a 2. No bueno for this game. If you like the triangle you should still be in luck.

• 1 month later...

Sad to report that my wife's RTS2 failed us at A6 over the weekend. Dot came and went on it's own. So they are both going back to C-More for the 2nd time. I want to love this sight.....but if either fails again we are done with them. I have to take back my earlier recommendation and advise anyone considering the RTS2 to maybe sit on the sidelines until they get it all worked out....if ever.

Edited by blueeyedme

A few days ago I started seriously thinking about buying another one for my second gun... almost bought the mount and the sight. Now I am thinking about going from RTS2 to Slideride.

Edited by Foxbat

A few days ago I started seriously thinking about buying another one for my second gun... almost bought the mount and the sight. Now I am thinking about going from RTS2 to Slideride.

I was in the same boat. I really wanted an RTS2 but lack confidence in the reliability. With the expense of traveling to matches, ammo and everything else, having a sight failure blow a match would be the pits. I know it can happen with any sight, but the RTS has a real history of it. I can blow a match on my own, sure don't need a sight to add to it. I bought another slide ride yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

So it seems to me from reading through this thread that the RTS2 is riddled with issues...I am having an open gun built and am still not sure what sight I will chose. What are the "advantages" of the RTS2 over the standard c-more...I use "advantages" lightly because like the post above me says...I can blow a match on my own, I do not need the extra help of a faulty sight for that.