Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS 2

ogiebb

Mine's on a Cheely mount and I'm very happy with it. I did have to do the rubber band fix a couple times - the first time it cut out I only put a small piece of band in and it shifted sideways on me, second time I made the pieces longer and used two - no more issues after that. I'm going to try and find some #6 O-rings for the permanent fix. Other than that I have no issues at all with it - I can easily pick up the dot in bright sunlight and I have zero'ed it once - ~ 2K rounds later it is still holding that zero.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been using the RTS2 on a Cheely mount on an Akai Katana and I absolutely love it! The O-Ring fix does not bother me. The sight works and I like it WAY better than the upright SlideRide. When you shoot a 9mm, the potential for extraction issues with the upright mount is a much greater concern than an O-Ring in the battery compartment!

Guys - what's the real status on this (turning off) from C-more vs what you're seeing ? I got the impression this issue was all fixed now on the latest ones they are shipping. But a fellow I shoot with has had his back to them twice now. They've had it far more than he has. I'm about to move on this soon - sure would like to know what the real story is.

JimInFL

Guys - what's the real status on this (turning off) from C-more vs what you're seeing ? I got the impression this issue was all fixed now on the latest ones they are shipping. But a fellow I shoot with has had his back to them twice now. They've had it far more than he has. I'm about to move on this soon - sure would like to know what the real story is.

JimInFL

I can only tell you from personal experience and that of three friends that have them. Between the four of us, we own 7 of them and one had to go back to CMore.

• 2 weeks later...

RTS2 battery contact failure. I have a new RTS2 slide mounted - inside the battery tray slot, the right side battery contact in the back broke off during my first match with the unit. The dot blinked off while shooting and came back on at lowest setting, as if the battery was removed and replaced. When I checked the battery at home - a little plated piece of the contact fell out with the battery tray. Probably not more than 500 rounds through gun with this sight mounted on slide.

Called C-More and they issued an RMA # and told me to send it in.

Is this the same problem they had with battery contacts with the RTS-1?

I have only shot 600 rounds with my RTS2. So far I really like it. The dot seems quicker to find from the draw. The dot is just as easy to track as a standard cmore. I'm using an arredondo mount with a STS adapter. So far it is working well, holds zero and the lens is staying clean even without a blast shield. I have the cheely mount, but the offset to the left drives me nuts. Kinda with the dot was bigger but it is certainly bright enough.

I've only shot about 30 rounds with the RTS2 and I have to say I like it a lot. I seem to pickup the dot faster than my regular c-more. My only problem is the cheely mount's noticeable offset to the left. I guess I'm going to use the Arredondo like Supermoto until someone else makes one that's more centered.

That does look nice. I had one of his Jpoint mounts on my mod gun. It was a very nice mount

Edited by Supermoto

• 1 month later...

My RTS2 just failed me at the Area 5 match. Kept turning off during two stages. I finished both with no site at all. That hurt! Lucky a friend had a back up gun to let me use.

I guess I'll be sending it back to C-more again. :(

Real bummer is I really like the site. (When it works)

My RTS2 just failed me at the Area 5 match. Kept turning off during two stages. I finished both with no site at all. That hurt! Lucky a friend had a back up gun to let me use.

Did you happen to put a rubber band in the battery compartment to tighten the battery to the cap?

How many rounds on your rts before it failed?

I was thinking about this for my forthcoming open gun, but we just had our nationals and sure enough a top competitor who just went to the RTS 2 (and was loving it) had it turning off multiple times throughout the match. needless to say he is mega pissed off.

With all the failures how can they not either pull it from sale or fix the bloody thing? it seems like even the o-ring is no guarantee of reliability.

I would argue that in IPSC reliability is most important. no matter how great the thing is, even if it only turns off once a match it's hurting your results.

looks like I'll have to stick with ye olde c-more on a 90 mount. at least I know it 'should' work reliably.

You were not alone. At least one other RTS2 failed that I witnessed. In my opinion that is 2 too many and will stick with my set up thank you.