Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS 2

ogiebb

What's your ETA? I am supposed to be getting one in January or February, and given the extent of the problems and their ongoing nature, the chances of them being resolved by that time appear slim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update on the supposedly newest gen of RTS2 from Shootersconnection. After a little over 2000 rounds, the dot went out on my RTS2 in the middle of a match today. No amount of tinkering can get it to come on. I wedged a small piece of rubberband under the spring tab and changed the battery with no success. I guess I'm sending it back to cmore. I'm pissed but kind of glad this happened in a local match verses area 7 coming up. For now, I'm mounting my slide ride back on for a7 even if I get the rts2 back before that.

Edited by klee

Got mine back with the new electronic board and it's working good so far. But only about 300 rounds through it. Will keep updating from time to time.

Got 1000 rounds through it now and still working. Keeping fingers crossed. Really like that sight.

• 2 weeks later...

So just wondering how these sights are going. I'm looking at putting one on but need reliability as it's hard to send it back to USA from Australia for repair

I was going the rts 2 route. But I ended up with the Deltapoint first gen. At least I will have a dot when I need it. If something does go wrong I'll go back to my C-more and hope its not a large match. Lol. Good luck..

I am officialy done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with the RTS2. Two units were sent back for upgraded boards last month. Both new upgraded units have the same problem! Still shutting off. I believe its the Heat in AZ that is part of the problem. On cooler days they work ok.

I do not understand, second version of RTS 2 + up grade, priced at $ 420. and still does not work?

Why continue to buy?

Because C-more does not solve the problem?

Someone could offer a good explanation?

Apologies for mine indignation, the situation is beyond me.

Agreed, pull them off the shelf, let customers return for credit/refunds. Fix the SoB then sell them. It's not rocket science. It's a dot on a piece go glass. Luepold, EOtech, Aimpoint and others have figured this great mystery out. Is Cmore that far behind the curve. I like the look but I can not, will not buy one because they can't fix them.

True, but if I'm thinking about getting one. Or what if I did get one and it goes out. The original Cmore is the standard. No argument there. But the rts2 seems to have issues and for my $425 dollars I'm going else where. If the dot goes out send them back they fix you up, then no DOT again. Scary spending that much money, to have UPS have the sight more than I do.

How about you only hear from people who's have failed? Nobody for the most part is going to get on here to sing the praises of their scope when it works , but sure as heck will if it breaks?

I personally know for a fact everyone at our local range is having the same problems with the RTS2.

Most top shooters are still shooting the original C-More

I do not understand, second version of RTS 2 + up grade, priced at $ 420. and still does not work?
Why continue to buy?
Because C-more does not solve the problem?
Someone could offer a good explanation?
Apologies for mine indignation, the situation is beyond me.

I made the mistake of buying two before all the problems.

Well looks like I'll be holding off getting one of these. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm getting an open gun built by an Aussie builder and he is using the C-More STS...maybe check it out?

The STS has a better record for reliability but it's an older tech and has a much smaller window on it. many guys shooting IPSC/USPSA found the glass too small. the benefit of the RTS2 is a much bigger sight glass that is almost as good as the cmore railway/slideride everyone has been using for years.

Honestly, we know the limitations of the railway/slideride but given they are only around $250 for a new one, still last a while, are much more reliable, have the biggest glass and when mounted sideways are as low if not lower than a slide mounted RTS I would suggest that the good ol railway/slideride is still the best option for an open IPSC type gun.

Well looks like I'll be holding off getting one of these. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm getting an open gun built by an Aussie builder and he is using the C-More STS...maybe check it out?

The STS has a better record for reliability but it's an older tech and has a much smaller window on it. many guys shooting IPSC/USPSA found the glass too small. the benefit of the RTS2 is a much bigger sight glass that is almost as good as the cmore railway/slideride everyone has been using for years.

Honestly, we know the limitations of the railway/slideride but given they are only around $250 for a new one, still last a while, are much more reliable, have the biggest glass and when mounted sideways are as low if not lower than a slide mounted RTS I would suggest that the good ol railway/slideride is still the best option for an open IPSC type gun.

Appreciate what you're saying. I'm coming from a standard gun so I won't know any better..I've never shot with a railway or slide ride. If the RTS2 didn't have issues I would have gone with that

Appreciate what you're saying. I'm coming from a standard gun so I won't know any better..I've never shot with a railway or slide ride. If the RTS2 didn't have issues I would have gone with that

fair enough. you may like it. I only know a handful of guys with them. most have found it just too small and gone back to a regulare cmore slideride. one of them doesn't seem to mind it. I actually shot a mates gun with it just the other day. to me it seems too small.

a matt: the only 'viable' option at the moment to my mind is still the trusty old cmore. other options are either way too exxy (at $650 that zeiss is 3 times the price of a slideride) or just not fit for purpose.

We'll I've officially quit ever using any C-More sights unless they permanently fix their RTS2 junk. I've purchased 2, both of course quit & was sent back to be replaced with their supposedly circuit board fix. Shot the Indiana Sectionals this week-end & the sight quits. After shooting 2-6 shots the dot shuts off. After having the same thing happen on 5 straight stages, completely ruins my favorite match of the year. Now what C-More? Replace the junk circuit board in the jink RTS2 sight again that is guaranteed to quit working! So I have $900.00 worth of junk not worth $0.90 - can't wait to see tomorrow what C-Mores customer service reaction is.

I loved the sight when it worked but there is nothing worse that an un-realible expensive piece of crap without anything being done to fix the problem, they just keep marketing & selling junk they are fully aware it is nothing more than an expensive POS.

Rant over, just my experience that seems to happen with most shooters.

Edited by hvsmith