Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So you think YOUR wife is gonna kill you? Please, I got you beat.

Panic Flinch

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife goes to London to hang out with Jason Iassics for the opening of his latest movie, I buy whatever I need for shooting ... Everyone's happy

Ken,

It must be nice. You going to get a stock 2 like Ben had ?

the delta was in another safe, i just forgot i had moved stuff around. i lost a colt m4 for about a month once. it had me scared to death. i found it in my closet a month later. my wife knows all my combos on the safes.

i have finally got her to understand that guns are an investment. i lost a bunch of money in the stock market a few years ago, everything in the safe went up. so no need to sneak in new aquisitions. but it seems i only find good deals on hunting rifles anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I had surgery a few years ago and prior to that I inventoried the collection and handed it to the wife with sale value. Her eyes got large when she looked at the total, but after that she has become much more "supportive of the effort".

Word of advice - wives may not be as "in the dark" as we think. I tried the "oh I've had that for a while" trick on her a few years ago. She busted me big time and it was a big withdrawal from the trust bank. Better to just tell her what it cost but what a great deal it is anyway - kind of like she does to me with her hobby stuff...

• 2 weeks later...

Log book with everything I have and what I paid - wife will see if anything happens to me..... Then see can be mad at me and have spending money....

Edited by mag17

Yeah my wife is going to kill me.... I've been out of shooting for 2 years and decided a few weeks ago to get back into it. So, I just bought 2 open guns, a carry gun, an AR, just ordered a JP, and of course a dillon 1050, brass, primers, bullets, powder scale, and tumbler. This is added to my new snowmobile, and snowmobile trailer. HAHA I'm in the dog-house to say the least....

Awesome collection you've got there. Miss my Brazos guns. They are the best!!!

• 2 weeks later...

here is one for you....its easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission, she will always in the end forgive you but its hard to get permission :roflol:

Yes. Real men don't ask permission. They beg for forgiveness later!

My wife and I don't even share money and keep everything separate and somehow I get bitched at for buying guns and she buys $2.4K Manolo Bahlnic or whatever boots and that is "normal"...

Paying that much for shoes is not normal. It's crazy! Now paying 5k for an open gun is normal. :goof:

http://image.s5a.com/is/image/saks/0452490582991_247x329.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

remember, its all about the delta cost of the new gun from the old one ...

Hey Mike, if Stock IIs were readily available I'd have gotten one but I went with the Shadow so I have a US company to deal with ... now if the damn thing would just show up ...

It's too bad that I had to leave Team Glock because of the medical issues but we'll just move on ... :)

• 4 months later...

Once when my wife was questioning my gun spending I told her I would make her a deal. We could split the bills right down the middle. I would pay my half out of my paycheck, and anything left over was mine to spend as I want. She could pay her half out of her paycheck (she has never worked in her life) and she was free to spend whatever SHE had left. Well, you can guess how the rest of that conversation went........... but she did quit asking. :)