Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

I know we can drive from stage to stage but for those who shot last year should I still bring the jogger or can you pretty much park within 50 yards of the shooting

thanks

Jacob

Last year, yes all within 50 yards I would say.

Most stages I would carry the long gun from my truck to the rack and grab my pistol size bag with pistol, ammo, etc. Sometimes a long gun case was useful if rack space was not avalable and you needed to lay the long gun on the ground/against a berm.

This year I will do the same but will bring a folding chair.

I'm leaving my jogger at home, not needed unless things have changed.

I don't remember seeing any joggers last year, not worth the effort.

I would bring a chair and a shade umbrella befor a jogger. :)

David E.

Edited by Nuke8401

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we can drive from stage to stage but for those who shot last year should I still bring the jogger or can you pretty much park within 50 yards of the shooting

thanks

Jacob

Last year, yes all within 50 yards I would say.

Most stages I would carry the long gun from my truck to the rack and grab my pistol size bag with pistol, ammo, etc. Sometimes a long gun case was useful if rack space was not avalable and you needed to lay the long gun on the ground/against a berm.

This year I will do the same but will bring a folding chair.

I'm leaving my jogger at home, not needed unless things have changed.

I don't remember seeing any joggers last year, not worth the effort.

I would bring a chair and a shade umbrella befor a jogger. :)

David E.

Same here. Last year my jogger stayed in the hotel and never got used.

Any idea on squad lists or starting stages?

I suspect we will see a squad list while we are signing in. I think it's easier for Linda with the logistics of people dropping/being added for her not to have to keep updating a squad list.

For you experienced 3-gunners, what do I need to bring that an amateur will not think of? Yes, I know 3 guns,ammo, and a cleaning kit... Tell me the stupid things that people don't think of or forget? What have you wished that you had with you at past events that you always bring with you now.

Yes, I'll have a cooler with water,gator-aide and snacks...

For you experienced 3-gunners, what do I need to bring that an amateur will not think of? Yes, I know 3 guns,ammo, and a cleaning kit... Tell me the stupid things that people don't think of or forget? What have you wished that you had with you at past events that you always bring with you now.

Sunscreen -as high SPF as you can find. Insect repellent - ticks are bad up here this year, I imagine they are down there too (a couple stages are in grassy or woodsy areas). Wet wipes - nice to be able to wipe your face, hands etc while it's 90 out.

Spare batteries for any optics you may use.

Spare parts that commonly break/wear out at the worst times. For ARs I bring a backup BCG and various springs and detents, trigger/hammer pins, action spring, etc. For Pistols, I always have a factory recoil spring and trigger return spring. You can add/subtract whatever you're comfortable with. For shotgun I bring my factory lifter, firing pin spring, mag tube spring, etc. I also bring a length of fiber optic rod with me in case I need to replace any on my pistol and/or shotgun sights.

Along with the spare parts I have a small tool kit that will allow me to do minor work on any gun related problem I can think of. This includes having screwdrivers and allen wrenches that fit all the fasteners that I could possibly need to work on. I have a broken shell extractor, choke tube wrench, castle nut wrench, etc.

I've never packed a full cleaning kit, just plenty of lube. My guns get cleaned well before match day, and then I fire a few rounds for effect to make sure they're still functioning.

I add/subtract to this list based upon whether or not I'm driving or flying to the match. I do the same thing with ammo, I always bring more when I'm driving.

Hope this helps.

Godspeed,

Chase

looks like they cover it all, since you drive up to the stage a GOOD folding some shade. and twice as much ammo listed. (at least)

Bring a folding chair........and lots of booze!!!!! The after hours parking lot parties are epic!!!!

Chad, are you STILL trying to tell the new guys, that they have to bring enough booze for everyone? :cheers::devil:

Wait....are you saying that folks need to bring Booze into Kentucky? Don't you guys know this is where bourbon is born?