Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the wolf/tula rifle ammo allowed for the match

I asked this question earlier and was told to make sure that the jacket of the bullet contained no steel in it. I was told to use a magnet on the bullet and if it stuck to the bullet to not bother bringing it. Apparently most of that ammo uses a bi-metal for the jacket material.

3 day drive from Atlanta to Cave City? You must be taking the scenic route. :roflol:

Yeah kinda the scenic route. Instead of going via Omaha, I'm leaving out of ATL tomorrow morning and gotta go to Indy first for meetings on Tuesday then head to Park City from Indy on Wednesday morning.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

is the wolf/tula rifle ammo allowed for the match

I asked this question earlier and was told to make sure that the jacket of the bullet contained no steel in it. I was told to use a magnet on the bullet and if it stuck to the bullet to not bother bringing it. Apparently most of that ammo uses a bi-metal for the jacket material.

I pulled a bullet from Wolf Performance 55 gr JHP and the jacket is indeed bi-metal...slightly magnetic...however the base of the bullet is open and it is lead core. Not sure about the Tula ammo.

Edited to correct spelling.

Edited by Mark R

Slings for rifles needed on pro side?

He said they were not needed on page 36.

I appreciate it man. I didn't have time to search it. I'm thrashing to get some holsters made before I have to leave in the morning. Wasn't planning on leaving till Thursday but due to things I got to leave tomorrow and it just pushes the schedule up a bit.

anyone checked the wolf gold 223 with a magnet? Out of town so dont have the ammo to check. Also, is 9 pellet 00 required or is that the max that can be shot those targets.

I believe that 9 pellet is MAX. That way there isn't 87 pasters being used on each target per shooter.

I hate to ask but who do I contact about my refund fee since I had to cancel due to illness. Im not sure what makes me sicker,what I had or missing the match of the year.

I spent about an hour shooting flying shooting AT flying clays trying to prep for Stage PRO #6.

I also spent time shooting 2 plates, loading 2, shooting 2; no way I can do this with a 2 second interval shooting 1 flying clay then 1steel, I need 4 seconds at best.

Reset my goal for this stage; shoot the 10 flying clays and not worry about the steel, load at least 2 shells to keep from going dry (more would be better). Then just load/shoot to finish the steel. Looks like my best bet especially if the flying clay misses are 10 seconds!

Leaving the north east tomorrow after work, should be there late Wed and plan to watch the ROs shoot and check my rifle zero.

Can't wait!

David E.