Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

I think I have set a new record. I came away from the match w/ 9 new t-shirts. I just wish manufacturers would start giving away pants too, then I would never have to buy any more clothes....

I am sure you could wear a shirt upside down and make it pass for pants. Or go with XXXL and put some snaps on the bottom and wear it like a onesie. :roflol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have set a new record. I came away from the match w/ 9 new t-shirts. I just wish manufacturers would start giving away pants too, then I would never have to buy any more clothes....

I am sure you could wear a shirt upside down and make it pass for pants. Or go with XXXL and put some snaps on the bottom and wear it like a onesie. :roflol:

Now that's funny

Ben and Jerremy DON'T make the heavy plates, they make the really nice ones that have the tab in front that prevent turning, wish we had had more of them! Also not to take anything away from Gary and Trap The Am stage 7 was beiny run by the R.O.s and Me until 8:30 p.m. to catch it back up.

Am Stage 3 went that late on Fri. Our squad kicked it out in less than an hour, with all hands on deck working it. Any insight as to why some stages were 3 hours behind? Even with some less than enthusiastic squads we saw, wow, that was late. There were people driving off and leaving their squad to work without them. Not cool. Am squad 5 was awesome, enjoyed shooting with RePete, Am open winner. Congrates Pete! Missed the Larue smoked brisket, but the pulled pork was good.

Thanks to Gary, Kurt, Trapr, all the RO's and Rockcastle staff for a great match and making us all feel at home at Rockcastle

The jam session with Mark Wills, Tom fuller, the Spooners and the crowd til 1 am in the TV lounge was worth more than the price of admission :cheers:

Thoughts and prayers out to you Linda in losing your mother, thanks for all you have done for so many years for the shooting sports

Thanks to Ms. Kitty, KSB, and their helpers working behind the stats doors for being there as they always are and making Stats a subjuect the shooters never have to worry about, great job as always :bow::bow:

I had a great time at the match. Amazing how 1 miss could drop you 10 places. I got a little claustrophobic in the cave but after a quick breathe of fresh air, I had a blast running the suppressed Glock while using night vision. Very cool to run elbows with the best of the best! Plus I got to make some new friends along the way.

Ben

IMAG0010.jpg

Ben and Jerremy DON'T make the heavy plates, they make the really nice ones that have the tab in front that prevent turning, wish we had had more of them! Also not to take anything away from Gary and Trap The Am stage 7 was beiny run by the R.O.s and Me until 8:30 p.m. to catch it back up.

None turning plate with tab is a great design. No more 90 degree plates :cheers:

That one bit you good.

Thanks to all for the great match, particularly the match administration and sponsors. This is definitely a can't-miss event, I'm looking forward to next year.

I had a great time at the match. Amazing how 1 miss could drop you 10 places. I got a little claustrophobic in the cave but after a quick breathe of fresh air, I had a blast running the suppressed Glock while using night vision. Very cool to run elbows with the best of the best! Plus I got to make some new friends along the way.

Ben

IMAG0010.jpg

Cool, I was wondering on the way home if I would ever see this picture. It was a lot of fun shooting trying to shoot with all of you.

What a great match. A big thanks to all who made it possible.

Linda, my condolences to you and your family for your loss. I can't see how this match could have happened without all of your hard work.

I will be back next year if I can get lucky and click that submit button fast enough. :cheers:

Great Match!!! Gotta love Rockcastle and the hospitality that they always dish out. Thanks to all the RO's, Stats, RM's and everyone else that worked so hard to put this match on and to all the sponsors that continue to show us so much support.

Had a great time shooting with Pro squad "Lucky" 13. We were knee deep in Lexington Mafia, the Michigan Mob, a couple of furiners from way out in Kalifornia, and even a couple of (dare I say it)Hoosiers. Despite all that, most everyone made it through the match with nothing more then bruised egos and a few tender ribs from all the "friendly" elbows.

Definitely Good Times. :cheers:

Edited by latewatch

None turning plate with tab is a great design. No more 90 degree plates :cheers:

That design has been around for at least the past seventeen years that I have been shooting!!!!

As per my other posts, you pay big money to shoot these matches, you should be shooting at correctly made plate stands

so you don't have to shoot at turning plates! You hit them hard enough to turn them. That is a solid hit in my book.

Does not matter if it's a pistol, rifle or shotgun.

It's a very cheap easy fix on any plate stand I have ever seen.

Anyone know where the amateur scores are posted?

Linda said Sandra would send them, probably when she got home. She was on the road home late yesterday, so

it should be some time later today I would think. Or tomorrow. ;)

Craig

Edited by spd522

I had a great time at this event! I arrived Wed night and spent Thursday touring the facility. That place is great but even better were the people I met. I am unknown in the shooting community but many many people talked to me multiple times over the course of the event. The Noble brothers, Gary, and many of the pros talked to me like I was a long lost friend and made me feel welcome. (only felt snubbed one time but I assume he had something to do and no he wasnt shooting)

Side matches were great(I think I was in the cave for 2 hours Sunday!) and loved the fact that the community was supporting some great causes! (former military myself)

I shot horrible(lost my rifle zero in my range bag :blink: ), learned alot and hope to make a few more matches next year!

Linda: my condolences to you and your family.

That was a temendous match. The folks at Rockcastle are some constantly making things bigger and better. Just about every 3 gunner I ever heard of was there.

Learned a couple of things: flying clays can kill a match, loose comps can cause some issues with zero, and getting a reshoot is futile if your rifle double feeds on your second run. (I probably already new these, but I got to relearn them this weekend.)Oh, and if you are asked if you want any moonshine...politely say no thank you.

I had a blast, pro squad 4 was terrific. Thanks to Gary, all the RO's,the stats shack, the Rockcastle owners and staff, all the sponsors, and the volunteers.

I bet 99% of the folks who were there this weekend are already looking at their 2013 August calendars.

Edited by Lead-Head

Any one know who won the Pro/AM part of the match

Anybody know how that thing even works?

Last year they added a Pro score and AM score together, the winners recieved a matching lamps.

Edited by no body

As everyone at the match was aware, I had to leave. Am with my family in NC. Sandra Orvig is travelling and not able to post, as is the webmaster for the Rockcastle match website. Until then, here are the Pro results. I will post AM results once Sandra is able to find a place to get internet access on the road & email to me.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Stage_1_Pro.pdf

Stage_2_Pro.pdf

Stage_3_Pro.pdf

Stage_4_Pro.pdf

Stage_5_Pro.pdf

Stage_6_Pro.pdf

Stage_7_Pro.pdf

Stage_8_Pro.pdf

Finals_Pro.pdf

Thank You for everything you did for this Match & the sport you are a class act.