Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nuke, typically so long as you don't scare the RO we're OK with burning a round, but you also have to account for where the round went, like in the ground or in the sky, shotguns rounds (shot) put in the ground towards a target are good, slug rounds, are the same provided you account for their final resting place.

In the end Kurt and I will be determining what scary or unsafe is or is not.

Trapr

Thanks,

Just the answer I was looking for.

David E.

Is there a competitors count of each division for pro side? I loved the fact that we had almost 50 open shooters at RM3G this year. Hell most open shooters I've ever seen in one place outside of USPSA :)

Looks like I'm gonna find a way some how wether its riding with a buddy or stealing my old man's ride like I did for Fort Benning 2 years ago.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I think you mean borrowing roflol.gifroflol.gif

I always say steal, that way if I don't give it back .......I did steal it lol.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Is there a competitors count of each division for pro side? I loved the fact that we had almost 50 open shooters at RM3G this year. Hell most open shooters I've ever seen in one place outside of USPSA :)

Amateurs

total who selected a division = 255

(about 10 with Division left blank)

28 Open as of today

Pro

total who selected a division = 241

(about 20 with blanks)

20 Open as of today

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2012 ARFCOM-Rockcastle Pro Am Statistician

So a lot has changed sense i started asking questions about 3 gun and the pro am. I have been shooting a lot of different shotguns and now i have added one more. I am now shooting a shotgun that will hold 10 rounds in the magazine tube and one in the chamber. I know i can only have 8 in the tube to start any stage with the shotgun. And i know that i can load to the full capacity of the tube any time after the buzzer sounds.

Now my question. Can i start a stage with extra rounds in my hand or do they have to be in a shell caddie? I am looking at this for the AM stage 6. Start position is shotgun at low ready. I can have the shotgun at low ready with 2 extra rounds in my hand, but is it legal?

Thanks for your answers and can't wait to meet some of you next weekend.

This is not a USPSA or IPSA match , But some use the same rule. In USPSA OR IPSA a shooter may not start a stage touching any magazine or ammunition before the start signal. At some of the out law matches the RO will say OK and at the same match different stage the RO says no.

Edited by AlamoShooter

Who should I contact in reference to taking over the registration of a shooter who will not be able to make the match?

Stephen

If the folks, who have been on the waiting list since Feb., thought that was happening, they would be PO'd

Didn't see the Cave Stage on the map. Is it a no go for this year?

I'm at the Rock working on setup again this week. There will be a cave side match. Today I'm hearing rumors of night vision equipment and suppressors in the darkness of Mordor ?????????

I think that at the beep birds will start flying. How you use your time is up to you, but you are starting in one of the 3 boxes.

Is there a par time on this stage? Thanks. Didn't see it in stage directions.

All the stages have a PAR time of 100 seconds.

I'm at the Rock working on setup again this week. There will be a cave side match. Today I'm hearing rumors of night vision equipment and suppressors in the darkness of Mordor ?????????

Can I use my own night vision and suppressor?????

Can I use my own night vision and suppressor?????

can't hide money! :roflol:

Time to stir the pot a little bit! Match set-up is getting exciting up here at "The Rock." Stages are going in, the weather outlook is good. Can't wait to see all of you back again. It's going to be another EPIC match. First, there will be side matches from Bushmaster/ Remington (someone will win a Versa Max Tactical), CMMG, Nightforce, Alexander Arms (who doesn't want to shoot a side match with a Beowulf), Red Jacket Firearms, and yes a very cool cave stage with our friends from Tactical Night Vision Company.

Now for some sponsor updates. We would like to welcome a great list of new sponsors for the Pro Am: Glock.............yes, I did say Glock, Trijicon, Stag Arms, Red Jacket Firearms, DSG Arms, Glock Triggers, TACCOM, All Star Tactical, Beaver Lube, Horus Vision, Westone Hearing Proctection, Freedom Munitions, HEAR-PRO, Gun For Hire, Mossberg, AR15 Targets, Gordon Cooper, Diamondback Firearms, Predator Tactical, Para USA, Double Star, and Bud's Gun Shop. Let me start with, Wow, that's a lot of guns, especially when you think about the gun sponsors from last year, are still in. And now for Bud's Gun Shop. I wanted to start a new trend by putting a gun safe on the prize table. Well, next to the table. The fine folks at Bud's Gun Shop upped the ante. There will be a 40 Gun Iron Mountain Safe on the Pro Table, and a 14 Gun Iron Mountain Safe on the Am prize table, that will be shipped via UPS to the home of the winner, compliments of Bud's Gun Shop.

Like we said, the match is looking gooooooood! I hope that helps add to the pre-match excitement, as if I need to. Just wanted to give you a glimpse of what I've been doing up here on the hill since January. Well that and hosting some other great matches. Wait till you all see whats coming! Well wishes, and safe travels, see you in a week! Nate Noble, Rockcastle Shooting Center

So last year I shot AM and was way, way, way down on the prize table random draw and I still got great stuff.:cheers:

This year sounds even better, well except that I'm shooting on the PRO side so I might be a good ways down on the list again. :sight:

I've got room in my trailer for one of those safes and can save Buds some shipping cost as long as it's under about 3000#.

David E.