Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge props go out to the RO's.

I did not get a chance to attend the first pro clinic or any of the side matches due to the long back up on the stages. We did not finish on Friday until after 7:30.

The Squad sizes were almost double the size compared to last year on the am side and it was just to many people to push through in the allotted time. The RO's were absolutely fantastic and handled it like Pro's.

I Struggled on a couple stages but had a HUGE improvement when compared to the event last year (my first event ever). I will return next year for sure!

If anyone can tell me who made the square steel shotgun targets I would LOVE to buy some for practice. Those targets burned me MANY times through out the match. The extra thick heavy bottom combined with cupping caused by the crazy welds made them so prone to spinning it was crazy. I NEED SOME!

Edited by bpipe95

Are results posted anywhere ???? I was there yesterday and had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new, and I half to say the sponsors were very nice and great to talk to, also thanks to Alexander Arms for letting me shoot the 6.5 grendel and it was nice talking to Mojo from Red Jacket and his sidekick from Tenn. And the DSA rig was cool as hell, with the big screan TV's and all the cool gear, I could go on and on, this is a must go to match for everyone that has a interest in multi-gun, And a big cudos to my buddy Gary Welborn for pulling it off, and his two side kicks ( range police ) Koot Muller or something like that and Traper Swanson :cheers:

The rig was DSG Arms.

Bravo to Kurt and Trapper and everyone who had a hand in making this match a success.

Huge props go out to the RO's.

I did not get a chance to attend the first pro clinic or any of the side matches due to the long back up on the stages. We did not finish on Friday until after 7:30.

The Squad sizes were almost double the size compared to last year on the am side and it was just to many people to push through in the allotted time. The RO's were absolutely fantastic and handled it like Pro's.

I Struggled on a couple stages but had a HUGE improvement when compared to the event last year (my first event ever). I will return next year for sure!

If anyone can tell me who made the square steel shotgun targets I would LOVE to buy some for practice. Those targets burned me MANY times through out the match. The extra thick heavy bottom combined with cupping caused by the crazy welds made them so prone to spinning it was crazy. I NEED SOME!

Ben Fortin and Jermany Parker, if you contact Rockcastle they can give you there info

Are results posted anywhere ???? I was there yesterday and had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new, and I half to say the sponsors were very nice and great to talk to, also thanks to Alexander Arms for letting me shoot the 6.5 grendel and it was nice talking to Mojo from Red Jacket and his sidekick from Tenn. And the DSA rig was cool as hell, with the big screan TV's and all the cool gear, I could go on and on, this is a must go to match for everyone that has a interest in multi-gun, And a big cudos to my buddy Gary Welborn for pulling it off, and his two side kicks ( range police ) Koot Muller or something like that and Traper Swanson :cheers:

The rig was DSG Arms.

Bravo to Kurt and Trapper and everyone who had a hand in making this match a success.

Sorry, I know there is a differance in companies, my big hot dogs that are attached to my hands must have hit the wrong letter. :roflol: :roflol: :cheers:

That was my experience as well I shot the same percentage and finished lower

Thanks to Garry Welborn (a truly great guy) and all the RO crew. It is wonderful to have many ROs that are serious 3gun competitors to run the stages.

Rockcastle rocks! The Nibles are the best

Congratulations to Greg Jorden

What a fantastic weekend! I cant say thank you enough to the crew at The Rock and all of the sponsors associated with this one of the best matches Ive been able to shoot.

Also, My squad was on the range until about 8 on Friday, trying to finish up the last stage after a few hour backup. Of all the people that the Match director could have sent over to help us reset and keep the show moving, it was Gary and Trapper (with a bum foot) who were right there with us helping until we finished up. I think you would be hard pressed to find such dedication by the staff at any other match.

Great job Fellas!!

As everyone at the match was aware, I had to leave. Am with my family in NC. Sandra Orvig is travelling and not able to post, as is the webmaster for the Rockcastle match website. Until then, here are the Pro results. I will post AM results once Sandra is able to find a place to get internet access on the road & email to me.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Stage_1_Pro.pdf

Stage_2_Pro.pdf

Stage_3_Pro.pdf

Stage_4_Pro.pdf

Stage_5_Pro.pdf

Stage_6_Pro.pdf

Stage_7_Pro.pdf

Stage_8_Pro.pdf

Finals_Pro.pdf

Linda, I am saddened at the news of your mothers passing. You truly are the backbone of this match, and we hope to have you there next year. Thank you for all your support this year. My family's thoughts are with you.

There was lots of big talent out there fore sure! It was great to see such a large turnout of top notch competitors.

Thank you to every one of the sponsors and to Rock Castle Shooting Center for hosting such a great event. I will most definitely be there next year!

It was also nice to be able to meet ED Jr., and a few others from the arfcom crew. A special thank you to that group as well. We wouldnt have been able to have this match without your support.

Was kinda interesting meeting Ed and being cordial to him when he checked in even though I am banned from arfcom lol.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

HAHAHA. I had a feeling reasons like this were behind most of the Arf crew staying low key. When you have 10's of thousands of users on your site, you are bound to make someone unhappy.

Was kinda interesting meeting Ed and being cordial to him when he checked in even though I am banned from arfcom lol.

HAHAHA. I had a feeling reasons like this were behind most of the Arf crew staying low key. When you have 10's of thousands of users on your site, you are bound to make someone unhappy.

I'm not unhappy about it. It happened, they did what they felt was best for their site. It's cool.

Ben and Jerremy DON'T make the heavy plates, they make the really nice ones that have the tab in front that prevent turning, wish we had had more of them! Also not to take anything away from Gary and Trap The Am stage 7 was beiny run by the R.O.s and Me until 8:30 p.m. to catch it back up.

Ben and Jerremy DON'T make the heavy plates, they make the really nice ones that have the tab in front that prevent turning, wish we had had more of them! Also not to take anything away from Gary and Trap The Am stage 7 was beiny run by the R.O.s and Me until 8:30 p.m. to catch it back up.

None turning plate with tab is a great design. No more 90 degree plates :cheers:

None turning plate with tab is a great design. No more 90 degree plates :cheers:

I wonder what would happen if the tab was smaller or on the back?

Great Match, Great Time, Good Food, the pro classes were fast and to the point, Thanks to Kurt Miller & Pat Kelly, you guys gave me and my work mates good info for work and for training techniques for better success in 3 gun. Thanks to all the sponsors, thanks to Rockcastle for hosting the match. And a big THANKS to all the WOUNDED WARRIORS who competed in the match.

My sympathy to you and your family, Linda. Thanks to Sandra, Kerrin, and the others that ensured scores were timely and accurate in Linda's absence.

Thanks to AR15.com, Rockcastle staff (especially Nick, Nate, and Zac), Gary, Kurt, Trapr, all the ROs, Joe DeBergalis, Hornady, Brownells, and all the great sponsors.

I think I have set a new record. I came away from the match w/ 9 new t-shirts. I just wish manufacturers would start giving away pants too, then I would never have to buy any more clothes....