Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

Any one know who won the Pro/AM part of the match

Anybody know how that thing even works?

Last year they added a Pro score and AM score together, the winners recieved a matching lamps.

I don't think they did that this year.

Man...what a great match. THANKS SPONSORS, Nick, Nate, and Jim Noble, Gary Welborn, Kurt and Trapr, the Rockcastle crew, and the rest of the RO's. Not sure about the rest of you guys and gals, but I can't wait for next years match. Count me in.

Nice to see you all again!

Linda...sorry to hear about your mother...please accept my condolences.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big thanks to Kurt, Trapr, and all of the very friendly Rock Castle staff for a terrific match experience. I will be there next year with another year of experience under my belt and hope to improve. I met new shooters and had a blast socializing with everyone around the beer trailer. Thanks to all the match sponsors for a awesome prize table.

Any one know who won the Pro/AM part of the match

Anybody know how that thing even works?

Last year they added a Pro score and AM score together, the winners recieved a matching lamps.

I don't think they did that this year.

That was the plan: The Pro's were sorted in alphabetical order by first names, going A to Z. The Am's were sorted in alphabetical order by first name going Z to A. And then they were matched up. Add the final points for each match up, and you get the winners.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Great match! Thanks to all the sponsors for an awesome prize table. I was waaaaay down the list and still came away with some good stuff. And a big thanks to Rockcastle and all of the staff that made it happen.

Ben and Jerremy DON'T make the heavy plates, they make the really nice ones that have the tab in front that prevent turning, wish we had had more of them! Also not to take anything away from Gary and Trap The Am stage 7 was beiny run by the R.O.s and Me until 8:30 p.m. to catch it back up.

Thanks for the info Kurt. I gotta find out who made those devilish things!

BTW it was nice meeting and talking with you at stage 7 on Friday, I was in squad 6.

Linda, I am saddened to hear of your loss, you are in my families' prayers.

Thanks to all who made this great event possible. Thanks to the Noble family, Match Director, Range Masters Kurt and Trapr, Stats Linda, Sandra and the other people helping them, ROs, Sponsors, Vendors, 4H, Rockcastle staff and anyone else that helped put on this event. The talent pool was definately deeper and the competition closer this year. Overall, I believe the match ran pretty smooth, we got backed up a couple of times, but for an event of this size, it ran good.

I really enjoyed shooting with Pro Squad 4, seeing old squad mates and meeting new ones.

Thanks again, I can't wait until next year.

Hurley

Ok, this was my first time at the "Rock" and my biggest/toughest Multigun event that I have ever attended/shot.

Many great thanks to; GW, Trapr, Nobels, Linda (my condolences to you and your family), the sponsors, vendors, the ROs, 4Hers, and the Rock staff. And others that I don't know that played a role in getting the match put together and running.

I meet many great people and made a few friends. I look forward to next year. When can we sign up???

Great challenging stages, tons of fun.

However, I do have a serious problem;

Rules:

2. Disqualifications:

2.1 Match disqualification will result in complete disqualification from the match. Shooter will not be allowed to continue with the match. Final decision is with the Range Master.

2.2.6 Discharge while reloading during the course of fire

Where the ROs not made aware of the rules? Was there not a RO briefing?

I don't care who you are, discharging of a firearm during reloading, shotgun upside down - strong hand reloading, discharges. Shooter stops, unloads, and states, "I'm finished." He knew what he did and the rules. However, the RO told him to, "reload and keep going." What is that had been me and not a "TV Star?" Was this a pass-thru for a sponsor?

Serious problem here.

I know this isn't USPSA, but are we not allowed a 5 minute walk-thru on all of the stages?

Never the less, I'll be back. many thanks again to the staff and sponsors. But please next year, know and enforce the rules, especially unsafe gun handling.

Who did that? I would have to agree. Really the only RO's I had issues with we're those on stage 5. Seemed to have a burr up their ass. I understand it's long days, lots of shooters, but get over it. You volunteered to RO, and got to shoot for free because of it. I've worked 4 day events, it makes for long damn days and lots of crap but you have to keep level headed and not be stuck up, the world doesn't revolve around you.

All I'll say is it was on the AM side. I had no issues with the ROs on Stage 5. Two stages; no walk-thru and the ND...

Oh, and I forgot to bring my rifle zero like I was told to do...

Did you ask for a 5 minute walk through? The RO's might have just totally forgot about it. With so many squads coming through that is possible.

After the 1st stage in which your rifle wasn't shooting correctly, why didn't you go over to the zero range and fix the problem?

We asked and were told, "I'll let you get a sight picture when you come to the line." Most other squads we talked to didn't get it either.

I tried the "zero" range, but I wasn't able to use it properly as the side-match was being conducted. I did better after my 1st rifle stage. Could have been the aggravation after the long wait, wanting to get finished, dinner, etc... Last stage of day 1. Tired of waiting 3 1/2 hours to shot the stage and it was getting dark.

That and I haven't shot this rifle past 100 yards before.

Guys, I think it is in the best interest of all those involved- MD, RMs, ROs, Rockcastle, AR15.com, and most importantly the shooters- to take up all grievances through an email or PM with match staff out of respect for the sport.

Thank you.

And no, the AD during a reload was not me. :)

Edited by Bryan 45

Guys, I think it is in the best interest of all those involved- MD, RMs, ROs, Rockcastle, AR15.com, and most importantly the shooters- to take up all grievances through an email or PM with match staff out of respect for the sport.

Thank you.

And no, the AD during a reload was not me.

Well said Bryan

537 or so shooters , you are gonna have a few issues. Best match of this size I ever attended. Rockcastle is an awesome place to shoot and should be commended for keeping the chaos of such a large match to a minimum. ROs should be thanked for working in the heat and dealing with a huge variety of personalities , what a thankless job. They got a free match and a room? No way would I do it for that , NO WAY!

Who did that? I would have to agree. Really the only RO's I had issues with we're those on stage 5. Seemed to have a burr up their ass. I understand it's long days, lots of shooters, but get over it. You volunteered to RO, and got to shoot for free because of it. I've worked 4 day events, it makes for long damn days and lots of crap but you have to keep level headed and not be stuck up, the world doesn't revolve around you.

Just to be clear he is hopefully talking about the PRO side as I do not remember having a "burr up their ass" on AM Stage 5!!!!! I hope everyone enjoyed the stage I helped run and will hopefully see you at the Rock in the future.......

537 or so shooters , you are gonna have a few issues. Best match of this size I ever attended. Rockcastle is an awesome place to shoot and should be commended for keeping the chaos of such a large match to a minimum. ROs should be thanked for working in the heat and dealing with a huge variety of personalities , what a thankless job. They got a free match and a room? No way would I do it for that , NO WAY!

Agreed that Rockcastle is a wonderful place to shoot and I plan to go back. I did thank the ROs for their work. Expect for 1 stage.

Just to be clear he is hopefully talking about the PRO side as I do not remember having a "burr up their ass" on AM Stage 5!!!!! I hope everyone enjoyed the stage I helped run and will hopefully see you at the Rock in the future.......

AM 5 ROs were a good to go...

Ok, this was my first time at the "Rock" and my biggest/toughest Multigun event that I have ever attended/shot.

Many great thanks to; GW, Trapr, Nobels, Linda (my condolences to you and your family), the sponsors, vendors, the ROs, 4Hers, and the Rock staff. And others that I don't know that played a role in getting the match put together and running.

I meet many great people and made a few friends. I look forward to next year. When can we sign up???

Great challenging stages, tons of fun.

However, I do have a serious problem;

Rules:

2. Disqualifications:

2.1 Match disqualification will result in complete disqualification from the match. Shooter will not be allowed to continue with the match. Final decision is with the Range Master.

2.2.6 Discharge while reloading during the course of fire

Where the ROs not made aware of the rules? Was there not a RO briefing?

I don't care who you are, discharging of a firearm during reloading, shotgun upside down - strong hand reloading, discharges. Shooter stops, unloads, and states, "I'm finished." He knew what he did and the rules. However, the RO told him to, "reload and keep going." What is that had been me and not a "TV Star?" Was this a pass-thru for a sponsor?

Serious problem here.

I know this isn't USPSA, but are we not allowed a 5 minute walk-thru on all of the stages?

Never the less, I'll be back. many thanks again to the staff and sponsors. But please next year, know and enforce the rules, especially unsafe gun handling.

just to clarify the situation he was holding the shotgun with his strong hand and was reaching for some shells the shot landed more than 9 ft in front of him it did not make a differance who he was I have DQ several top shooters yes this was close but it was not a DQ

You guys on 5 were a bunch of fun!

Heck I think the ro's this year were more fun than last year!

Edited by bpipe95