Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So last year I shot AM and was way, way, way down on the prize table random draw and I still got great stuff.:cheers:

This year sounds even better, well except that I'm shooting on the PRO side so I might be a good ways down on the list again. :sight:

haha yup. i got 25th overall AM and got two pmags and a cmmg sandwich! lol. i'm totally shooting PRO! :cheers:

PLEASE do not use Forums, Facebook, Twitter, Mobile Phone texts or Instant Messages to contact me about matches. When it gets really close (say within a few weeks before the match) I get really busy and do not check those messages.

Email LChico@msn.com

I have had the same email address since 1993. I was pretty sure everyone in the shooting community had it somewhere (or could use a simple Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. search and turn it up pretty quickly). If one more person says "I couldn't find your email address," I will spit at something.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2012 ARFCOM-Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician

803-629-7095

Just checking it appears that sign up for the pro shooter clinics takes place at registration? Is it the same as last year in the fact that if more shooters sign up for the clinic than there are spots they random draw shooters for the clinic? Anything around there to do that is fun after the shoot?

What is available for food, snacks, and water at the range or between stages? I'm planning to pack some stuff, but wondering how much.

The match stages are spread out over 2000+ acres so you may or may not be close to the Lodge (which has drinks, lunch, etc.) in between stages. However, last year you generally had an hour open between stages so there was time to travel back to the Lodge for food, drinks, and the wonderful Larue BBQ (sure hope they are at the Pro-Am again this year :goof: )

Other than the Park Mammoth Lodge / Match HQ there is really nothing available nearby other than a Dollar General and Gas Station / Convenience Store located a few miles from the entrance to the Rockscastle property.

Just checking it appears that sign up for the pro shooter clinics takes place at registration? Is it the same as last year in the fact that if more shooters sign up for the clinic than there are spots they random draw shooters for the clinic? Anything around there to do that is fun after the shoot?

Oh boy...you aint never seen anything like this Pro-AM... :surprise:

If this year is anything like last year you’ll have hundreds of shooters telling the truth about who knows what and solving all the world’s problems. Industry reps and vendors with stuff to buy, look at, lust for…Sponsored dinner(s) with great food, assorted cold drinks :cheers: and such. Live music, and you never leave the Rockcastle grounds for all this.

If you get bored or go hungry it’s your own fault

Edited by GunCat

the lounge music last year was great. :cheers:

i sure stuck out like a sore thumb though LOL

Here's the winery guitar player...along with last year's MD Jeff and Sandra...and not sure who the other two are.

post-15700-0-76070400-1345167179_thumb.j