Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain gear, cold weather gear, bug/suntan spray

I wish we needed that…on the other hand the mid 90 temps forecasted will be a pleasure compared to the +106 we had at the Rockcastle Shotgun match back in June.

Bring a folding chair........and lots of booze!!!!! The after hours parking lot parties are epic!!!!

Chad, are you STILL trying to tell the new guys, that they have to bring enough booze for everyone? :cheers::devil:

Wait....are you saying that folks need to bring Booze into Kentucky? Don't you guys know this is where bourbon is born?

Too many bottles of Pappy Van Winkle 23 y/o escape the state. They need to bring some back.

Bring a folding chair........and lots of booze!!!!! The after hours parking lot parties are epic!!!!

Chad, are you STILL trying to tell the new guys, that they have to bring enough booze for everyone? :cheers::devil:

Wait....are you saying that folks need to bring Booze into Kentucky? Don't you guys know this is where bourbon is born?

Too many bottles of Pappy Van Winkle 23 y/o escape the state. They need to bring some back.

You make a very good point sir. "Up on sign up you must relinquish your bottle of Pappy!"

For you experienced 3-gunners, what do I need to bring that an amateur will not think of? Yes, I know 3 guns,ammo, and a cleaning kit... Tell me the stupid things that people don't think of or forget? What have you wished that you had with you at past events that you always bring with you now.

Yes, I'll have a cooler with water,gator-aide and snacks...

A rifle zero.

For you experienced 3-gunners, what do I need to bring that an amateur will not think of? Yes, I know 3 guns,ammo, and a cleaning kit... Tell me the stupid things that people don't think of or forget? What have you wished that you had with you at past events that you always bring with you now.

Yes, I'll have a cooler with water,gator-aide and snacks...

A rifle zero.

Ya gotta love Kellyn :cheers:

I'll make those easy. NO BULLET THAT IS MAGNETIC AT ALL OF ANY KIND!

Kurt,

I have a lot of silver bullets left over from werewolf hunting do you think they will work? If I traded you bourbon for your magnet would that work?

In certain counties... :angry: :angry:

We have more bourbon barrels aging in warehouses than people in this state...True story

Just a reminder, it is a dry county. The Rock serves by the drink but maybe just the light stuff. Pack it in. Closest store is Bowling Green.

Edited by Zukeep

Twice as much ammo??? You expect me to be missing or is there something I don't know?

If I'm driving I always pack at least twice as much as the round count. Never know when you'll have to do a re-shoot or maybe a squad member runs a little short on day two and you can help him out.

Also, I always pack an IFAK (individual first aid kit). Ibuprofen is a must have, as well as Imodium, and usually some Mucinex.

Godspeed,

Chase

Chase,

I did pack "twice" the round count. Sage advice.

Cheytac

Twice as much ammo??? You expect me to be missing or is there something I don't know?

If I'm driving I always pack at least twice as much as the round count. Never know when you'll have to do a re-shoot or maybe a squad member runs a little short on day two and you can help him out.

Also, I always pack an IFAK (individual first aid kit). Ibuprofen is a must have, as well as Imodium, and usually some Mucinex.

Godspeed,

Chase

Closing up shop, gonna head home and fire a few more practice rounds then double check my packing list. Sometime tomorrow I’ll begin that long 1 hour & 15 minute drive :roflol: to Rockcastle.

Its gonna be EPIC ! :sight:

Truck is all packed with Guns & Gear. Joel and I leave in the morning to pick Jeremy up in Nashville, then on to the Rock Castle Shooting Center in Kentucky for the Match. Going to have a great time shooting with Brother and Son. Kentucky will not know what hit them!!!