Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your favorite motivational saying or quote?

CSEMARTIN

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no standing still in life, you are either moving forward or moving backwards because no one around you is going to stop and wait for you. Work hard everyday to better yourself no matter what the task is.

my strength and conditioning coach in hischool

• 3 weeks later...

one I had on the wall of my classroom for many years....

FAIR

fair is a word used by small children,

life is not, nor ever will be fair

FAIR is a place they give ribbons to pigs.

Win when you can, lose if you must, but always, always cheat! :D

On the battlefields of history lie the blackened bones of those who while on the verge of victory stopped to rest. And while resting there, died.

One of my favorites:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

-Teddy Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Every time I leave the gym feeling like I wasted another hour of my life ridiculing myself in front of all those beast crossfit kids, I remember that...

"A man is not finished when he's defeated. He's finished when he quits."

• 3 weeks later...

Me and my ill bro (15 & 14 y/o): Uncle Mike why did we have to dig that hole with shovels when you have a backhoe right there?

Uncle Mike: Cause you didn't ask.

8x10 ft. hole 12' deep for a water line in a cotton field. Took us 3 days but we were paid in beer.

• 2 weeks later...