Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
CSEMARTIN

What is your favorite motivational saying or quote?

Remove a single letter "s" and that phrase brings a whole other meaning. :)

"Master your tools, master yourself."

"Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"

Gen. James Mattis

If you do not have a solution to the problem, there is money to be made in extending it as long as possible.

Faster, better, cheaper .... pick any two.

Luke: What's in there?

Yoda: Only what you take with you.

Lando Mollari: Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you.

Lando Mollari: The War. The humans, I think, knew they were doomed. Where another race would surrender to despair, the humans fought back with greater strength. They made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. In my life, I have never seen anything like it; They would weep, they would pray, they would say goodbye to their loved ones, and then throw themselves without fear or hesitation at the very face of death itself, never surrendering. No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable could help but be moved to tears by their courage. Their stubborn nobility. When they ran out of ships, they used guns, when they ran out guns they used knives and sticks and bare hands. They were magnificent. I only hope that when it is my time, I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes in the end. They did this for two years they never ran out of courage but in the end, they ran out of time.

"Be here, now."

Wow, I haven't heard THAT one in a long time.

“When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win” -Ed Macauley

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." - Michelangelo

Found this one online about two weeks ago . . . then added it to the footer of an activity report I issue once a month to my legal group. I usually put a new footer with each month's report. Sometimes I make up my own. Like how many people are incarcerated nationwide, or how many people are receiving food stamps, or something about self-mastery.

"That'll burn the beak off a buzzard!"

Heard this line in a western movie on TV, referring to someone's homemade hard liquor . . .

from a sampler my mother made and framed on the wall:

'Ve gets too soon olt

Und too late Schmart'

"If I am dead, then you all have been dead for weeks.."

Dwight Schrutte

...get out of your head...

"not everything that counts can be counted......not everything that can be counted counts" I think Einstein said this.