Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revo ONLY match

hopalong

I want to thank Sam and everyone else for putting this match on.

As a long time IDPA shooter I was told about this match at the Tri-States Regional IDPA match and decided to finally join USPSA and shoot this match. So this was my first sanctinoed match for the sport.

I will definitely be back next yeaar and bring as many of the locals revo guys as I can.

Wayne Ritchie

Hey Wayne,

I envy that you made the match, and am glad that you did. I was not able to get to this one due to slow work. You had the chance to shoot with some great shooters and the fact that you want to get some of your IDPA friends to the next one is great. I'm trying to do the same in my area (Central NC) and we are lucky enough to now have ICORE here. Not sure where you are, but if you are ever in NC, get up with me and you are welcome to come shoot some revo with us.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a blast, and apparently so did several people who saw me shoot my Ruger Alaskan with 45 Colt ammo. :roflol: . I'll definitely be back next year, barring unforeseen events. I was amazed to be 1 of 3 "D" shooters at the match, out of 75 revolver shooters :surprise: .

The stages were great, although I could have done without the polish plate rack on that one stage. :goof: Apparently someone decided to torture revolver shooters with that contraption. :rolleyes: Revolver shooters are always up for a challenge, after all we ARE choosing to shoot revolvers with all of these auto categories around. :P

Accuracy wise I feel great about my finish, but I definitely need some more work on my reloads. :blush:

I and my Alaskan will keep sending 45 Colt downrange with the best accuracy and speed that I can muster. Don't be surprised if when you hear the cannon roar at a burm near you. :D

Edited by Blueridge

Man, talk about a fun day. Had the fortune of shooting on the squad with Jerry Miculek. That was a blast! Got plenty of video footage to show how poorly I shoot in comparison.

Also got to shoot with the designer & builder of the Polish Plate Rack. If it's any consolation, the PPR worked poor Farley over pretty good, along with many others. Believe it or not, he's a nice guy, even though he has to be a little devious to have created that monster.

Another big Thank You to Sam and everyone else who worked the match and contributed (sponsors, RO's, etc.). This was a great match, and I hope to be up there again next year.

Edited by chemepharmd

And one more big Thank You! to Sam and crew for pulling together a superb match!!!

Seeing all these Revolvers in one place and watching the "big boys and girls" shoot was fantastic.

"Trying" (key word here) to shoot at their speed and throwing few "mikes" instead of playing my own game was not.

Still had a great time and learned a few things!

Got the first weekend in November already penciled in for next year.

Thanks Sam for all you did for me and to make my first match unforgettable. I enjoyed being able to put faces with names to some of the wonderful people I have met through this forum. Also, thanks for all the "pointers" I received. I feel I have a better understanding of this type of shooting now. Looking forward to next year. Thanks to all. Papaw

Thanks Sam for all you did for me and to make my first match unforgettable. I enjoyed being able to put faces with names to some of the wonderful people I have met through this forum. Also, thanks for all the "pointers" I received. I feel I have a better understanding of this type of shooting now. Looking forward to next year. Thanks to all. Papaw

Like Papaw said. Great match and good folks. Enjoyed the match and enjoyed shooting with first timer Papaw.

Another thank-you to Sam Keen, and all the rest of the staff for a VERY good day at the range. 70+ wheelgunners for a USPSA match was a sight to see.

Carol says that I still haven't lost the grin on my face. Being squadded with Jerry Miculek more then made up for being squadded with the Mad Genius that designed the diabolical Polish Plate Rack. (see, I said something nice about Farley ;) even after my lack of performance on that stage)

Our embedded RO's, Elizabeth & Rodney, worked hard to make sure everything went smoothly, and even when they were called away for other duties, Sam Keen himself was able to keep us moving on.

The ranges may have been muddy, but the staff worked hard to try to dry out, or improve the footing. The wood chips (AKA hamster bedding) sure helped when my squad faced Stage 5, From The Night Stand.

The stages (except for Stage 7, CM 03-05, Paper Poppers) gave you options on how to play the game, and were good challenges, IMHO.

See you at next years Charity Challenge

I know there were many folks who were involved with the match besides Sam and Brad so I'll just say THANKS to all who helped put on this match. It was great.

I got a kick watching Rodney May shoot on our first stage. Normally a production shooter with about six moonclips through a revolver before the match (that's when he broke Sam's gun :surprise: ) he was hollering "This thing kicks!!! as he went down range. I discovered that I'm not the only one that talks to the targets, RO's or anyone/thing that will listen while I shoot. It was a great time

thanks again.

I'll be back next year :cheers:

dj

Headed through going to work with maybe 10 minutes of my own time.

Thanks to all who came and shot. Thanks to all who donated to the match, and St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital.

One good note.

MGM targets side match and auction brought in $1150 for St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital.

Totals to come laster this week after I figure out what fees we have to send to USPSA, ect.

I'll post Sponsors/Donors when I get back home from work.

Oh, and I did get to shoot the stages so my scores are in there but I wasnt' into it very much aside from having fun with Chad, Pat, John and the rest of my squad on Sunday.

Thanks again,

Next year, First full weekend in November. TWO day match.

The Challenge for next year..................................Bring one more!!!!! :cheers:

Hop

I know there were many folks who were involved with the match besides Sam and Brad so I'll just say THANKS to all who helped put on this match. It was great.

I got a kick watching Rodney May shoot on our first stage. Normally a production shooter with about six moonclips through a revolver before the match (that's when he broke Sam's gun :surprise: ) he was hollering "This thing kicks!!! as he went down range. I discovered that I'm not the only one that talks to the targets, RO's or anyone/thing that will listen while I shoot. It was a great time

thanks again.

I'll be back next year :cheers:

dj

And Dennis, as we found out, everyone in your squad liked you......not a one wanted to LAMR until you were up-range. :)

People are mentioning my name with Sam's for making this revolver match happen - folks, I had the easy job of this match.....play on the computer for a few months registering everyone and then chase Palms around the range on match day.

As many folks here know - there are always a lot of people that are required to put on this match, but the effort and amount of work Sam did for this revolver match was definitely more than I have seen from one person.

To put things into perspective - Sam organized and hosted the Mississippi 3-Gun held at the end of Sept, then a couple of weeks later he RO'ed the TN Section match, and then hosted the Revolver match this past weekend. Everyone knows how much work goes into organizing ONE match - he was doing this for two matches simultaneously AND worked a third match in between. Just amazing!

There are people that contribute to this sport, there are people that are dedicated this sport......and in this past 6-week time frame, there is Sam Keen.

So while a lot of thanks, gratitude, and compliments made towards Sam are more than deserving.......I just wanted to highlight the above-and-beyond efforts, in my opinion, that Sam has done for the sport in recent months.

And this upcoming weekend, I am told, if you look in his backyard, you might see a sleeping Sam in a tree stand pretending to deer hunt. A well deserved break in my opinion!

People are mentioning my name with Sam's for making this revolver match happen - folks, I had the easy job of this match.....play on the computer for a few months registering everyone and then chase Palms around the range on match day.

As many folks here know - there are always a lot of people that are required to put on this match, but the effort and amount of work Sam did for this revolver match was definitely more than I have seen from one person.

To put things into perspective - Sam organized and hosted the Mississippi 3-Gun held at the end of Sept, then a couple of weeks later he RO'ed the TN Section match, and then hosted the Revolver match this past weekend. Everyone knows how much work goes into organizing ONE match - he was doing this for two matches simultaneously AND worked a third match in between. Just amazing!

There are people that contribute to this sport, there are people that are dedicated this sport......and in this past 6-week time frame, there is Sam Keen.

So while a lot of thanks, gratitude, and compliments made towards Sam are more than deserving.......I just wanted to highlight the above-and-beyond efforts, in my opinion, that Sam has done for the sport in recent months.

And this upcoming weekend, I am told, if you look in his backyard, you might see a sleeping Sam in a tree stand pretending to deer hunt. A well deserved break in my opinion!

Thank you Sam :bow: . For all the above mentioned work and dedication to our sport, for the great match this weekend (both days!) and the hospitality that you and your crew extended to us.

A thank you goes out to every one else who helped also, it was a great match!

Am making plans for next year as well.

Sam you are the man!!! :bow::cheers:

Thank you Hop and all the staff for a well run match. Despite the mud, it was a very fun match to shoot. It was great to meet more of the other regular revo guys and gals and the crossover shooters.

My wife came with me and took pictures. This was the first time she has EVER came with me to a match. :surprise: After seeing what goes on and getting to know the other shooters she now understands why it is so much fun. Its not just the shooting.

I did have a great time shooting on Sunday too with Hop, Pat, Chad, Bill and the others. I figured I was there and it would be my last match till spring.

Thanks again Hop and staff! :cheers:

Sam did a GREAT JOB!

His Crew stepped up and MSSA is a great club full of good people.

Many thanks to the traveling RO's, most came from out of state it looked like.

Without quality people this sport just wouldn't be. And now it looks like the Revo Division has caught a second wind.

Even if you don't normally shoot Revolvers this is one match to put on the list of Go To Matches.

Dave Williams

PS Thanks to all of those who attended the Friday Night Corkys Dinner. Corkys dropped their fee from $100 to $50 and the great guys/gals there donated $100 to St. Judes. I could've sworn Sam was misty eyed when I handed him the cash.