Revo ONLY match

hopalong

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The current count on the self-squadding is 57! Looks like we may break 60 yet. :cheers:

Don't worry Bwana, I'll be with you at the bottom of the pack, but at least we'll have fun getting there.

Yeah, if I can be in the top half I will be happy. There is some tough competition at this match. Definately not for the faint of heart.

See you on the range.

The current count on the self-squadding is 57! Looks like we may break 60 yet. :cheers:

Don't worry Bwana, I'll be with you at the bottom of the pack, but at least we'll have fun getting there.

Yeah, if I can be in the top half I will be happy. There is some tough competition at this match. Definately not for the faint of heart.

See you on the range.

That is why Sammy has me shooting revolver. So while the heat of the competition is going on - for comic relief, you guys can watch me try to reload. :-)

Shame, the last time I touched a Revolver was Area 7 where I took a whipping (and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn). Sure would like to do my part in making those top guys work a little harder.............................................Hey, wait.........I did, I found the Polish Plate rack !!! :devil::devil::devil:

Trying hard to get caught up on the paper work end of the deal........... :wacko:

Hop

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT !!!

MGM targets has stepped up bigtime. !!!!!

They have donated one of their "Steel Challenge" sets to the match.

One of these sets will build any of the Steel Challenge stages. SO all you'll need is the stages themselves to look at and some shooting boxes (PVC pipe works good) to practice up for steel challenge.

Here is the catch:

The set is to be auctioned off and the monies are to go to St. Jude Childrens Childrens Research Hospital. MSRP is $1600 if I remember correctly as his offer actually caught me by suprise !!!!

So any of you that need a set, be ready. Any clubs thinking of doing Steel challenge, here is a good start to a full set.

Travis also suggested us doing a side match with it during the match so don't count that out.

MGM targets are famous for their 3-gun targets and support so them stepping out for a small (numbers wise vs. a 3-gn match) like this is most awesome. They also have some very good USPSA paper targets if you need to restock.

Thanks Mike and Travis @ MGMtargets

Hopalong

Happy to do it Hop. It is for a good cause and you took good care of us at the MS 3 gun. That's what it's all about. I wish I shot a wheelgun now!! This sounds like it is going to be a great match. By the way...have fun with the Polish Plate Rack. Farley is brutal!!!

Adios,

TG

Another anouncement, Not as big as the MGM though.

I just got the OK from USPSA. the match has now been upgraded to a level II match and will go in as a classifier along with the classifier we are shooting. Yes it will cost a little more in fees to USPSA but because of the historic numbers I feel it is needed.

Thanks to all who are coming for making it such an historic event. Even more thanks to our great sponsor/donors to help make this match a success and help raise funding for St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital.

List of Sponsors/Donors: (off the top of my Head) <_<

MGM Targets :cheers:

Springfield Armory :cheers:

North Mountain Moonclip Holders

Speed-E- Rack Moonclip Holders

Moonclip Servers by James Austin

ICORE Southern Regional

Mississippi Classic

Mississippi 3-gun Challenge

High Plains Shotgun Challenge

Tennessee State Championship

Steel City Carbine Championship

Shooters Connection

Chris Pattys Winning Shooting Accessories

Brian Enos Forums

C&M targets

Carmonize !!!

Hearthco Moonclips

NORDIC COMPONENTS

Bang Inc (Jerry and Kay)

Many private donors with various articles.

Others have been contacted, and others have contacted me. Time will tell and we'll see what we get (if we get anything at all)

Please acknowledge these great people and entities for the gracious donations/sponsorships

Hopalong

(oh, and with all who have contacted me saying they intend to come shoot......We'll get 65+) :D

Edited by hopalong

Update,

You won't see their name on the Self Squadding, but.........................

Jerry Miculeck will be shooting. :cheers:

Shannon Smith of Limited Division fame will be shooting :cheers:

Kurt Miller of 3-gun fame will be shooting !!! :cheers::cheers:

New GM Chad Roush finally committed today. ;)

Will be nice having several cross over shooters showing up !!!

Thanks to all, I'm working on match booklets today instead of burning powder. <_<

Hop

Edited by hopalong

There are 55 revolver shooters listed at this time. Now I have to set my priorities.

1) Be safe

2) Have fun

3) Recover all of my brass

4) Don't finish last

5) Ignore all of the whispers about my revolver having a 2 1/2" barrel

:lol:

65+ shooters! :surprise:

I'll have to bring my "A" game........Now if I can just remember where I put it. :unsure:

Anyone have an "A" game I can borrow. :blush:

Guess what ?

I actually got to shoot the old wheelgun this weekend...............was really strange too. Been playing auto pistol too much here lately.............actually hadn't even touched one since A-7 <_<

Some stages roughed in on the ground, trying to get ahead where possible.

MGM Steel Challenge Side match is on !!! You'll be shooting SMOKE & HOPE if you want to take the challenge. Thanks Travis and Mike (Again)

HOP

For logistical reasons, Cliff needs to shoot with certain people that were not able to make it on Squad 16 before it filled up.

So in order to free up a couple spots for Cliff's peeps, I'm going to peel Sammy and me off Squad 16 and start another squad. Anybody who wants to join us, jump right on there! :cheers:

Is it too late to sign up for this match? I had an out of town job looming over me, but I think I can make it.

No, it is not too late to sign up! There is still room and plenty of time to mail everything to Sam......but if you prefer, send Sam or myself your information and you can pay at the match. But just get your information to me so that I can have you registered beforehand.

For all squadding or registration questions, please contact me or Sam. Because of Sam's current schedule, at least copy me if you send something to Sam.....that way one of us can get back to you relatively quick.

My info:

brad.griffin@gmail.com

615-415-0099

Edited by moverfive

Plans are to be done shooting by 4:00PM and awards as soon as possible after that on Saturday. IF anybody wants to stay and shoot again on Sunday they may do so as that is the regular USPSA match day and I know several locals that want a shot at the stages with an autopistol after getting creamed by the stages with a wheelgun.

HOP

Plans are to be done shooting by 4:00PM and awards as soon as possible after that on Saturday. IF anybody wants to stay and shoot again on Sunday they may do so as that is the regular USPSA match day and I know several locals that want a shot at the stages with an autopistol after getting creamed by the stages with a wheelgun.

HOP

Thank you for the info Hop. That's a pretty neat idea.

Count me in!

Anyone looking to split a room?

Thanks

John Bagakis

I have a room for fri and sat. Do you have a room?

So far, I'm solo.

Watch out Dennis, the 6 hours of dry fire might keep you up late.....

Count me in!

Anyone looking to split a room?

Thanks

John Bagakis

I have a room for fri and sat. Do you have a room?

So far, I'm solo.

Watch out Dennis, the 6 hours of dry fire might keep you up late.....

I'll show up Sat. cool, calm and collected, wearing a smile. :ph34r: